New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Hit the Forged Tec yesterday. Hard for me to really decide b/c the shaft selection at PGA store is horrible. Not 1 single x flex shaft. Hit the closest shafts I could find weight wise
Forged Tec w/ $-Taper S 120. Spin was between 3800 - 4500 with a 7 iron carrying 186. Ball speed was on avg 2mph faster than the Cobra CB and MB they had there
Cobra CB w/ C-Taper S 120. Spin was between 5500 - 6100 carrying 175. C-taper actually gave me highest launch
Cobra MB w/ KBS Tour FLT S 120. Spin between 5800 - 6400 carrying 175. FLT shaft gave me lower launch than C-taper so both went the same distance.

It was mentioned yesterday possibly weakening lofts on the Forged Tec to get better spin. None of it is an apples to apples comparison bc different lofts and shafts but the Tec were the least accurate for me by far. With the new Club Champion rewards program I have a free full bag fitting due to my last purchase. Since my entire bag is brand new as of last month I think ill use the free fitting for my Cobra clubs coming up with whatever stock options they offer

Whow so much information, why dont you just rely on how you hit the ball instead of having a machine tell you, after all isnt that what gold is all about, it would be better to go back to basics and rely on what you can do, before the invasion of the machines, theydont help you on the course and you will still duff shots, does the machine tell you this.

My question is, how do these compare with the new Cobra King Tour clubs shown on GolfDigest's 2020 hot list? I've seen the Forged Tec but haven't seen or heard much about the 2020 Cobra King Tour irons. Maybe nobody knows just yet and we'll have to be patient. But count me curious.

Whow so much information, why dont you just rely on how you hit the ball instead of having a machine tell you, after all isnt that what gold is all about, it would be better to go back to basics and rely on what you can do, before the invasion of the machines, theydont help you on the course and you will still duff shots, does the machine tell you this.

Thanks for the tip. Ill make sure to use that knowledge on the course

I really want to try these against my F9's. I'm playing them with regular flex shafts, 7 iron carries almost 170 yards. Not easy to control. Maybe these with the $ taper lite in stiff might be something I might need to look into. Actually I lie, I tried just the 7 iron with said shaft a few days ago and was hitting the 7 iron 165 yards carry right on the line. This gift card to Edwin Watts is really burning a hole in my wallet... it seems to me these have a better feel just by a little than the F9's, I guess I'm heading to the golf store. Thanks for talking me into it guys!

Plus if I ever actually get honest with myself I shouldn't be hitting MB's lol. I just love the look of blades and cavity backs. I could definitely use forgiveness!
Trust me, Don’t go with blades, having went that route last year I am highly against it for many reasons. Being completely honest I hope they are not available to choose. There is no tech story and ii would think Cobra would want reviews about their new tech.

Trust me, Don’t go with blades, having went that route last year I am highly against it for many reasons. Being completely honest I hope they are not available to choose. There is no tech story and ii would think Cobra would want reviews about their new tech.
I guess they could make the high cap from each team play blades as a cautionary tale and why tech helps mortal golfers? Unless I am the high cap, then that is a terrible idea ;)

I guess they could make the high cap from each team play blades as a cautionary tale and why tech helps mortal golfers? Unless I am the high cap, then that is a terrible idea ;)
Oh my that would be brutal. As a single digit cap and someone who thought they were a good ball striker playing blades was an eye opener. It’s not to say I can’t play them it just is not something I ever want to do again.

Oh my that would be brutal. As a single digit cap and someone who thought they were a good ball striker playing blades was an eye opener. It’s not to say I can’t play them it just is not something I ever want to do again.
I tried to play my uncle’s blades (I think Mizuno) a long time ago when I visited and didn’t have my clubs. I was probably a 20 hcp and I have not tried to do it since; that was 20 years ago. Blades are beautiful and belong on display in my house, not in my bag. There are obviously people that can do it. I am worried that the forged tec might even be too much for me, but am excited to hit them and the SZ side by side.

No thanks. I wouldn’t even consider it. I struggle enough with SGI irons as it is.

I have not tried a hollow body club yet. I am excited to try them. How comparable is head size to the 919 tours?

Man, I love these irons.

That would likely be me, don't think I'm ready for that kind of club :LOL::LOL::LOL:

That would likely be me, don't think I'm ready for that kind of club :LOL::LOL::LOL:

This may be the wrong thread, but if I were a double digit index Morgan Cup participant, the decision would be easy. I would go SpeedZone irons all day, every day.

Do we know when the utility will be up on the cobra website?

I’m single digit also and looks like the Forged Tec would be the only option really. Shaft options at PGA store are extremely limited so I don’t have a good feel for the club yet

Cap, your swing was off. When it's on you definitely have the swing to play that flow set. But coming off a brutal winter with no chance to practice it was tough. I have no doubt you can play them!

This may be the wrong thread, but if I were a double digit index Morgan Cup participant, the decision would be easy. I would go SpeedZone irons all day, every day.
This coming from a single digit cap with an awesome game who played the F9's in the last MC. There's so much tech in that line that you should not overlook the wisdom Craig is giving. I'm still contemplating getting a set that's a couple degrees flat to help with my miss. My F9 4 iron (set up as a driving iron) is a weapon off the tee!

Quoting this because I can’t love it enough. Listen to this guy!

Still working on these because I like them so much at address but really sitting lower on spin rates than I prefer. It will be several months before I can get the demo on turf to see if I can gain some spin versus a mat.

Still working on these because I like them so much at address but really sitting lower on spin rates than I prefer. It will be several months before I can get the demo on turf to see if I can gain some spin versus a mat.

I can tell you that they play way different outdoors on a golf course than the numbers off a matt on the Sim. They control just fine outdoors on a course. On trackman the numbers get wonky for me. Not sure why.

That utility.....

Hey, I resemble that remark ! But I agree that the Speedzone Irons are really good.

I’m single digit also and looks like the Forged Tec would be the only option really. Shaft options at PGA store are extremely limited so I don’t have a good feel for the club yet
I'm thinking the same thing unless the new Cobra King Tour are available in time. Those are on the golfdigest 2020 hot list but I don't see them on the cobra website yet.

I'm thinking the same thing unless the new Cobra King Tour are available in time. Those are on the golfdigest 2020 hot list but I don't see them on the cobra website yet.

Wow just looked those up... I definitely want those now

I just got new forged tec black irons 15 months ago. I can't want new irons already, right?

Back