New from Wisconsin

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Hey, I'm fairly new to the golf scene. I have a few friends that golf and I go several times a season with them. I love the sport for the fact of getting out with a few friends and having a good time. Realatively easy to understand, but understandably difficult to master. I want to get more involved with golfing since it's a few of my friends favorite pasttimes - one even works at a local golf course. I was considering becoming a caddy next spring and for the most part confident, only a few thoughts that scare me. I was just wondering if how most golfers feel about having an amature as a caddy or what you would do to shape a new guy into a good caddy. Thanks for the imput!

I would think a nice course would train a new caddie somewhat, you need to know things like what to avoid on a particular shot, the general break of the greens and how to either keep quiet or interact with the golfer depending on what type of personality he/she has. The only caddies I have ever used have been fore caddies whoes primary job is to find the ball and provide a distance to the hole on each shot. They also will assist with reading putts if you ask them. I don't feel that I have known their golfing or caddying experience so I have been happy with every one I have ever had.

Having said all of that let me wish you a warm welcome to THP, I know you are going to enjoy it here.

I just don't want to mess up when people are paying up to $400 a round of golf. I'm sure with time I will get a feel for the course, and know the details I need to know. I just want to be prepared for when I go in there next spring since I don't know a whole lot of golf.

With any job it will take a little time to learn the ropes. Your fellow caddies should help and then as others have said just learn the course. Each golfer will expect different things and you will need to adapt. Good Luck!

I would think a nice course would train a new caddie somewhat, you need to know things like what to avoid on a particular shot, the general break of the greens and how to either keep quiet or interact with the golfer depending on what type of personality he/she has. The only caddies I have ever used have been fore caddies whoes primary job is to find the ball and provide a distance to the hole on each shot. They also will assist with reading putts if you ask them. I don't feel that I have known their golfing or caddying experience so I have been happy with every one I have ever had.

Having said all of that let me wish you a warm welcome to THP, I know you are going to enjoy it here.

The course that I was thinking about does indeed have a training program. I'm just looking for a nice solid heads up and trying to get some general knowledge before hand. Thanks for your information and it's only boosting my confidence.

Nice to meet you!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

I do not use a caddie but I have a few golf buddies that help me out when we are playing team events. First, know the rules of golf. Yardages and how long that yardage plays. Up hill may take and extra club or down hill will take one less club. Things like that. Stay unnoticed so not to distract the players. Do talk too much. Stuff like that would be in my wish book for a caddie. Good luck.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome To THP! :D

I just don't want to mess up when people are paying up to $400 a round of golf. I'm sure with time I will get a feel for the course, and know the details I need to know. I just want to be prepared for when I go in there next spring since I don't know a whole lot of golf.
First welcome to THP! Second, don't worry about that, you'll learn fast and it'll end up being a great job where you'll get to meet a lot of people and be around golf all day everyday, simple decision!

Welcome man!:banana:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!!

Welcome to THP.

Hey, I'm fairly new to the golf scene. I have a few friends that golf and I go several times a season with them. I love the sport for the fact of getting out with a few friends and having a good time. Realatively easy to understand, but understandably difficult to master. I want to get more involved with golfing since it's a few of my friends favorite pasttimes - one even works at a local golf course. I was considering becoming a caddy next spring and for the most part confident, only a few thoughts that scare me. I was just wondering if how most golfers feel about having an amature as a caddy or what you would do to shape a new guy into a good caddy. Thanks for the imput!

Welcome to THP ....... burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cold up there !!!

there's a lot more to being a caddy than just carrying the bag
you can do some google searches, there are some schools that you can go to in order to learn the trade, Good Luck in your endeavor!

Welcome to paradise, just getting to know the course as fast as possible would be my advice. Get a yardage book and learn it inside and out.

Back