bhilton

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been away from THP for quite a while now. I just recently started a new job and I've been trying to get settled in to my new position and haven't had much time for anything else until now. I'm not managing a small golf course about 20 minutes from where I live. I've been wanting to get involved in the golf industry for several years now and I've finally got my shot. I'm about 2 months in so far and I absolutely love it. The course that I'm at was operating on a very small budget, but the local recreation department bought it and they have a lot of money they are throwing into the course to improve it. We have a ton of projects we are working on, but some of them won't get done for at least another year or two. If you are ever in the north Louisiana area, swing down to Jonesboro and give me a visit. I'm at Magnolia Bridge Golf Course (Formerly Advance Country Club). It's not much right now, but things are changing and hopefully soon it will get where we want it.

WB bhilton, glad to read that you are doing something that is your passion. I am sure you will do well. Stay in touch.

Congrats! Throw up some pics so we can watch the transformation.

Congrats on the new position, sounds like you found a great opportunity!

Working at what you love, you can't beat that.........

Congrats, you'll do a great job with this!

Thanks guys and I'll definitely get some before and after pictures up. I took some the other day to put on a website, so I'll post those and as things are changing, I'll post the changes as well.

Also, if anybody comes out to play and lets me know you're from THP, the first rounds on me.

congrats on the new job...and yeah lets see those pics

That's awesome you get to do what you love. I have thought about the same career path lately but it's just a pipe dream with my lack of experience.

Anyway congrats to you!!

that is awesome, congrats and good luck with everything

Congrats, that's awesome!

New job

He returns!!!! Finally! Glad for you, Brian!!! All I know is, this job change begets fewer rounds at Squire!!! That's the biggest trade-off in my mind! Congrats and best-of-luck!!! Hopefully I'll get there before the New Year!

That's awesome man, congrats! I agree, I would love to see some pics. I would love to find a way into the golf industry as well, kudos to you for making it happen.

Congrats on yen new job.

Congrats on the new job. Can't wait to see some pics.

He returns!!!! Finally! Glad for you, Brian!!! All I know is, this job change begets fewer rounds at Squire!!! That's the biggest trade-off in my mind! Congrats and best-of-luck!!! Hopefully I'll get there before the New Year!

That was actually one of the biggest drawbacks to the job. But since my wife no longer works at LA Tech, I no longer got my discount at Squire, so I had to drop the membership. That was really hard to do, but when I have free golf here, I couldn't justify paying the $5K to keep that membership.

Congratulations on your new job! It would be amazing to be able to be around a golf course all day long...and earn money doing it.

Congrats...and the best part of the job, is you can now justify being on THP as "work related research" HA

Wow, congrats

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Congrats! Hope you continue to enjoy it!

sounds like a really interesting job! I love to know that a course is managed by a real golf junkie!

Congrats on the new job! Working at a muni-course has a lot of bureaucratic/politics involved (been there, done that) so make sure you have the city manager in your pocket and on your good side, and you'll be fine! lol Looking forward to seeing some pics as you go along!

Very cool. Keep up the good work. Transformations of courses take a while. Good to have a strong backing though.

Back