New Level Golf - 902 Forged Irons

I guess you are only a fan of companies that throw you free product?

That is completely uncalled for. Had Michael Vrska made that same post, none of these comments would be here.

Ironically enough, it was Michaels quote at the show because like many small companies it was kind of just thrown together and placement was bordering on unfair.

Interesting opinion. Especially when nothing is ever free.

Having attended the last three PGA shows as part of THP I guess I expected a bit more of a professional take.

There wasn't a ton of excitement at the booth, at least the half-dozen times we walked by it. Totally respect any brand trying to make it as those booths are NOT cheap. From a materials aspect, I think there are a lot of questions.

So coming in and saying they were next to the CBD oil is the most professional thing you can deliver that excitement factoid with?

Bold strategy Cotton.

That is completely uncalled for. Had Michael Vrska made that same post, none of these comments would be here.

Ironically enough, it was Michaels quote at the show because like many small companies it was kind of just thrown together and placement was bordering on unfair.

No, I’d bet there would still be comments. But Vrska would have also been a bit classier with his delivery I’d bet.

It’s a crappy comment at worst, and poorly thought out delivery of a thought at best.

I’d say it was a crappy comment directed at ANY brand when that’s the ONLY feedback.

No, I’d bet there would still be comments. But Vrska would have also been a bit classier with his delivery I’d bet.

It’s a crappy comment at worst, and poorly thought out delivery of a thought at best.

I’d say it was a crappy comment directed at ANY brand when that’s the ONLY feedback.

disagree. if his next sentence mentioned what jb said about placement and the lack of design in the booth, it would have been clearer what he meant. it was an odd comment to us, probably funnier for the guys who attended the show. but i don't see it as shade on the brand.

New Level Golf - 902 Forged Irons

It was delivered just like that and it was less crappy than Fuprestis.

I get that people love the gear. That’s awesome. A lot of people find the company’s comments just as “crappy” and as someone that has been to this show if you had seen this you might have felt similar. But just like everybody else, they got images, we went multiple times and we heard from one of the smartest equipment people out there about his thoughts on the brand, the people and the gear.

Totally entitled to your opinion, although it's interesting you went that far in your line of thinking based on my comment on the placement of their booth (which was true, by the way).

If you want a more professional take, I'd agree that they have some attractive shaft options for clubheads that are far from innovative or different from anything else we've seen. The VERY outspoken owner isn't doing himself any favors on social, and while that's secondary to the quality of a product, I'd wager others feel similarly to NL's near net forging approach.

disagree. if his next sentence mentioned what jb said about placement and the lack of design in the booth, it would have been clearer what he meant. it was an odd comment to us, probably funnier for the guys who attended the show. but i don't see it as shade on the brand.

I'm going to second this and probably depart from the thread for a bit as I've got some history with the company through my strongly supportive review of their 1031's and enjoying new takes and options in the golfing industry.

A bit more clarity would have gone a long way. If the original comment that started this evening's discussion didn't feel like it had negative undertones, I think quite a bit of the frustration would have been avoided.

Totally entitled to your opinion, although it's interesting you went that far in your line of thinking based on my comment on the placement of their booth (which was true, by the way).

If you want a more professional take, I'd agree that they have some attractive shaft options for clubheads that are far from innovative or different from anything else we've seen. The VERY outspoken owner isn't doing himself any favors on social, and while that's secondary to the quality of a product, I'd wager others feel similarly to NL's near net forging approach.

i've heard that his behavior can sometimes extend beyond just social. that said, the industry (heck, any industry) has plenty of other people who go about their business in a way that isn't everyone's cup of tea.

the irons look freaking fantastic in person. and i haven't talked to anyone who has bought them and not enjoyed them. they have a very bridgestone circa 2015 look to me, and that's a really good thing. i would love to give them a fair shake.

It was delivered just like that and it was less crappy than Fuprestis.

I get that people love the gear. That’s awesome. A lot of people find the company’s comments just as “crappy” and as someone that has been to this show if you had seen this you might have felt similar. But just like everybody else, they got images, we went multiple times and we heard from one of the smartest equipment people out there about his thoughts on the brand, the people and the gear.

My comment wasn’t about fupreti’s though, so that’s got no bearing on that. It was a no context comment that came off as crass and non informative, and just as easily could’ve not been made.

Now, add the context of the situation and placement of the booth, it becomes more of a clear picture.

Not sure what the companies comments have to do with that post about CBD oil?

For as detailed as you typically are in your posts, shows, and feedback, I’d surely think you see how the comment comes off. Now, knowing it’s an inside joke, it makes sense.

See, there’s more detail, nice, thank you for that! Sincerely.

i've heard that his behavior can sometimes extend beyond just social. that said, the industry (heck, any industry) has plenty of other people who go about their business in a way that isn't everyone's cup of tea.

the irons look freaking fantastic in person. and i haven't talked to anyone who has bought them and not enjoyed them. they have a very bridgestone circa 2015 look to me, and that's a really good thing. i would love to give them a fair shake.

Yeah, definitely not a revolutionary design, but they never claimed to be either, just clean forged irons that look good and are fun to hit like so many other forged irons.

Yeah, definitely not a revolutionary design, but they never claimed to be either, just clean forged irons that look good and are fun to hit like so many other forged irons.

I guess I will ask you this as a fan of the brand. Had Harry Arnett or Josh Talge, etc gone on any one of the rants would you think it was okay? I mean you have said a few times you were really tired of companies using social media to rant, and his are borderline legendary at this point haha.

I guess I will ask you this as a fan of the brand. Had Harry Arnett or Josh Talge, etc gone on any one of the rants would you think it was okay? I mean you have said a few times you were really tired of companies using social media to rant, and his are borderline legendary at this point haha.

I’ve seen some prettttttyyyy big and important companies have pissing matches on twitter about other companies marketing very recently too, but they get passes.

Never said I liked the way he handles things on social, hell, I never even brought it up because it doesn’t really play a part in the comment that set this all off. Ive played a lot of brands who have people who’ve acted in ways I don’t care for, but if the gear is good for my game and I like it, I’ll play it. After all, we always preach here to play what works and what one enjoys.

I’ve been called out for making posts that were considered ‘inside jokes’ before, and that post is nooooooo different.

I’ve seen some prettttttyyyy big and important companies have pissing matches on twitter about other companies marketing very recently too, but they get passes.

Never said I liked the way he handles things on social, hell, I never even brought it up because it doesn’t really play a part in the comment that set this all off. Ive played a lot of brands who have people who’ve acted in ways I don’t care for, but if the gear is good for my game and I like it, I’ll play it. After all, we always preach here to play what works and what one enjoys.

I’ve been called out for making posts that were considered ‘inside jokes’ before, and that post is nooooooo different.

I wasn’t asking about the gear, which has been enjoyed on THP. I was merely asking a question because you have said a few times that you found it hard to support companies that do that kind of stuff, so asked a question.

I wasn’t asking about the gear, which has been enjoyed on THP. I was merely asking a question because you have said a few times that you found it hard to support companies that do that kind of stuff, so asked a question.

And I answered. The past year I’ve focused on what works best for me and my game, and have built that bag from the ground up. I don’t have to like the way someone does something to use the product, hell I think Nike is a ****** ass sweatshop company but man I like their clothes.

And still not sure what this has to do with the CBD inside joke?

End of the day I'm not very supportive of smaller brands who want to "get ahead" by ranting on others in order to do so. Opinions are like... um... elbows: most everyone has one. But feeling like everyone is against you, or trying to keep you down in some way, relinquishes a certain amount of control over your own success.

End of the day I'm not very supportive of smaller brands who want to "get ahead" by ranting on others in order to do so. Opinions are like... um... elbows: most everyone has one. But feeling like everyone is against you, or trying to keep you down in some way, relinquishes a certain amount of control over your own success.

See, that’s a totally fair take, and reads way better and more tactful than the original post. This, I can understand.

See, that’s a totally fair take, and reads way better and more tactful than the original post. This, I can understand.

I'm glad you approve. :D

I can’t comment on the 902’s but I still have the 1031’s and still love them. Playing the C300 forged now but after serious testing last night they are both great irons.
Now if that Jman guy was a mere mortal like me I could hit his 902’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t comment on the 902’s but I still have the 1031’s and still love them. Playing the C300 forged now but after serious testing last night they are both great irons.
Now if that Jman guy was a mere mortal like me I could hit his 902’s

You should’ve hit them with the TGI in Florida, those are built for mortals for sure.

Hence the move to the Elevate X100’s!

You should’ve hit them with the TGI in Florida, those are built for mortals for sure.

Hence the move to the Elevate X100’s!

I am excited to see how you like them with the new shafts.
I think they are going to be amazing for YOU

I am excited to see how you like them with the new shafts.
I think they are going to be amazing for YOU

Elevate X100’s have shipped, as have the tip weights, and I’ve got grey UTx ready to go into them. Will be fun to hit apples to apples setup against the Miura.

Not any revolutionary tech in either set, but dammit they’re pretty and feel good. Plus, the spin in these kinds of sets are my friend with my low spin curse.

Elevate X100’s have shipped, as have the tip weights, and I’ve got grey UTx ready to go into them. Will be fun to hit apples to apples setup against the Miura.

Not any revolutionary tech in either set, but dammit they’re pretty and feel good. Plus, the spin in these kinds of sets are my friend with my low spin curse.

What an amazing setup this is going to be for you.

What an amazing setup this is going to be for you.

It’ll be fun, best part is regardless of which set ends up on top, I’m happy. Been a minute since I could say that. Could easily game these, the Miura, or my Mizunos this year.

Back