New putter for Zach Johnson

It's crazy money when you look at it. For someone like ZJ, he would garnish a contact somewhere in the 7 figure mark. And most of the time that's not even for 14 clubs, ball and hat logo. To seriously think that the dollar amount paid to use the putter means enough to a multi millionaire that he's willing to ditch the stick that got him there just for money is crazy

Is it confirmed this was sponsored change or just nothing happening with the seemore

From a major OEM president, to get a top 25 player to sign will cost millions

Edit: just re-read your post. I'm assuming you meant the bottom of the top 125 and not the top sorry

Edit: saw your edit.

Is it confirmed this was sponsored change or just nothing happening with the seemore

He was never sponsored by SeeMore

Care to support that statement with facts? Bill Haas was ranked 25 last year. Your telling me Titleist is paying him 7 figures?

There's 11 other THPers that were there when I was told this

He was never sponsored by SeeMore
I'm talking Titleist.

Might be a temporary change. Likely driven by desire to make more putts over being paid by Cameron.

Bet he's back with a SeeMore in his bag within a year. Watch.

Bet he's back with a SeeMore in his bag within a year. Watch.

But wait, he'll surely be leaving all of that Titleist money he's now being paid on the table if he goes back to Seemore! :alien:

But wait, he'll surely be leaving all of that Titleist money he's now being paid on the table if he goes back to Seemore! :alien:

When he starts missing cuts then that $$$$ will be chump change. Again, it's just a guess.

It is a shame SeeMore doesn't make a putter with that design. It also would have made the discussion of him switching companies more interesting.

Interesting to see him change. Kind of a bummer. I do hope he goes back but wouldn't be surprised if he didn't though.

I wonder how long it will take if he doesn't catch fire with the "Scotty"

great point. are there any examples of guys successfully moving away from something that worked for so long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amusing to me to compare the responses in this thread to a thread from last year where a guy that seemingly played his gamer putter forever took that one out of the bag and put another one in: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...97-Brandt-Snedeker-Testing-Bridgestone-Putter

Seems like no one was accusing Snedeker of getting paid by B'stone to put that putter in play.

FWIW, I think that ZJ goes back to what is comfortable and the Seemore gets back in his bag at some point.

At the pace guys on here (myself included) play around with different equipment I don't see what the anger some guys are having over this. Plus I gotta admit I rolled that putter and I loved it, maybe it's possible, as crazy as it may be Zack liked it too.

Fwiw, when Sneds switched he had not been putting well. BSTONE had just released the putter and their marquis player put it in play.
No one knows the amount ZJ is being paid or if he is. I tend to think this was part frustration and part dollars

Fwiw, when Sneds switched he had not been putting well. BSTONE had just released the putter and their marquis player put it in play.
No one knows the amount ZJ is being paid or if he is. I tend to think this was part frustration and part dollars
I think if he would of finished last Sunday's round like he started then you wouldn't see a switch.

At the pace guys on here (myself included) play around with different equipment I don't see what the anger some guys are having over this. Plus I gotta admit I rolled that putter and I loved it, maybe it's possible, as crazy as it may be Zack liked it too.

I don't think there has been any anger over it at all in this thread, at least that's not how I took it. It's just interesting that all of a sudden after 15 years ZJ switches putters. Sure he hasn't been rolling it as well as he could have been lately, but if you think he has putt lights out for 15 straight years you're lying to yourself. Just seems like there has to be something more to it than that.

IF that's Zach, he really did change everything, possibly including the POB Grip (which has the hands almost even, not one much below the other so the right hand was not on the grip, but the right palm against the fingers of the left hand). ZJ always had a strange grip, even for Pat, but Pat did not try to change what worked. The problem with his grip is that ZJ tended to get the shaft leaning backwards slightly, and some believe that led to his streakiness -- hot, hot, cold, cold.

ZJ also used the very light version of the FGP - 320g. Brave soul - I started with it, but if I were playing for $$$$, I'd need the heavier mFGP version with CB Weights to add more overall weight. Gosh, now I would try the GIANT FGP...

Zac has made over $34+ million in earnings on the PGA Tour. Zac doesn't seem to me like a guy that chases dollars and isn't Acushnet one of the least paying sponsors (Tiger, Phil and Rory all leaving for sponsorship money).

It is a shame SeeMore doesn't make a putter with that design. It also would have made the discussion of him switching companies more interesting.

Then they would just be accused of copying designs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

had to google-fu that one. are you referring to the red x center shaft? i see what you mean with the three dots down the head under the shaft where your eye line should be, but that putter was released back in what, 2004 or 2005? and i've also read that scotty has ripped off LOTS of people.

And everyone has ripped off the Ping Anser. I think the thread should be about Zach Johnson. I don't own a Scotty but the Scotty hate and smarm should probably be in another thread.

I cant say why he made a change.
I can say that he is getting paid to have the Cameron in play.
In the grand scheme of things it is not a lot, and is not something that came in the instant, it has been out there for a long while.
He had been going through some stroke changes and if the money is sitting there and you are thinking of changing anyway, grab it. Similar to a few other guys when you see them show up in different footwear.

I like SeeMore. I like ZJ. The two have nothing to do with each other. #playwhatyouwant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard in the broadcast yesterday that he was asked about the switch and he replied along the lines of it "being time to have a different look". The announcers did make reference to his long use of a SeeMore, no mention of the replacement.

Back