New putter for Zach Johnson

The certainty that is has to be about money.

Understandably, Seemore doesn't have the resources Sac does. Just a thought though.

I'm not really reading that opinion as a certainty, but it's a fact that money talks. So do his other sponsorship dollars I'm sure.

Guys putt poorly, and they make a switch. We'll see what's in his bag in two months.

I hope he shows up at Augusta with a Cure

This thread is funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know I am apart of this thread, but it is funny.

I fully admit which company I like better. But I don't think either makes bad putters.

For the record, I do not believe this switch about the money. Unless you count the winnings he thinks he will earn, as money.

He should try a pxg.

I'm not really reading that opinion as a certainty, but it's a fact that money talks. So do his other sponsorship dollars I'm sure.

Guys putt poorly, and they make a switch. We'll see what's in his bag in two months.

Heck we'll see what's in his bag tomorrow. I'd think he gives it a full tournament if he is trying a switch, but it wouldn't be the first time someone changes putters mid tourny.

I don't know if it was about money but it sure seems like it could be influenced by money...is it not uncommon for tour pros to change equipment because of new contracts aka more money?

I know I am apart of this thread, but it is funny.

I fully admit which company I like better. But I don't think either makes bad putters.

For the record, I do not believe this switch about the money. Unless you count the winnings he thinks he will earn, as money.

I would tend to agree.

I don't think he's hurting for money.

I don't know if it was about money but it sure seems like it could be influenced by money...is it not uncommon for tour pros to change equipment because of new contracts aka more money?

i don't know what it is about putters, but i don't lump putters in the same camp as full equipment sponsorships. putters are so personal, so mental, especially on that level, that i just think it's a different animal. just my impression.

Heck we'll see what's in his bag tomorrow. I'd think he gives it a full tournament if he is trying a switch, but it wouldn't be the first time someone changes putters mid tourny.

didn't matt every just put a different putter in the bag on sunday to go on to win bay hill?

Probably just unlucky with that one. The difference for me is in the customer service and feeling of family. One company probably doesn't need to do it, one company made a decision to do it.

Neither really matter in this scenario. I don't much care about ZJ or the particular putter he was in love with for so long. I don't think it makes or breaks SeeMore and I bet he returns to his beloved FGP sooner rather than later.

You are right. People only see the numbers of people using the putter and are overshadowed. I am not saying all Scotty's are bad its my experience with them and what I am more comfortable using.

didn't matt every just put a different putter in the bag on sunday to go on to win bay hill?

Yep. But in all fairness all he did was switch from a milled collection #9 to a works versa #9. Same insert, same putter shape/head, just maybe difference in weight.

I have a Scotty and a SeeMore and don't care for either of them. Can I still get paid?

Interesting that he's making a switch after all these years. Not surprising that he's going with Scotty with his Titleist sponsorship. Time will tell if this was the right move.

Lol @ "money talks". You know what else talks? Winning. And you can't win if you keep putting the way he is. It was time for a switch and he chose the putter that fit him best. If it was an odyssey there wouldn't be the kind of talk there is in this thread

Lol @ "money talks". You know what else talks? Winning. And you can't win if you keep putting the way he is. It was time for a switch and he chose the putter that fit him best. If it was an odyssey there wouldn't be the kind of talk there is in this thread
You're right. Particularly because odyssey does not pay for play.

I have a Scotty and a SeeMore and don't care for either of them. Can I still get paid?
Have any trade interests for scotty :)

Also I'm just glad none of us blame the clubs and change it up every now and then

I think a lot of people are grossly estimating what club contracts are worth. My guess is 90 of the Top 125 earn the majority of their income from winnings, not sponsorships.

I think a lot of people are grossly estimating what club contracts are worth. My guess is 90 of the Top 125 earn the majority of their income from winnings, not sponsorships.

From a major OEM president, to get a top 25 player to sign will cost millions

Back