New Show on GC "Down The Stretch"

I finally got around to watching the first show this evening. Show was just OK in my book. The camera man must have been drunk and I'm not sure I undertand the weird color scale thing they did for the entire show. Between that and the forever bobbing around, in focus, out of focus, in focus, out if focus video, I was almost dizzy when it was over.

I finally got around to watching the first show this evening. Show was just OK in my book. The camera man must have been drunk and I'm not sure I undertand the weird color scale thing they did for the entire show. Between that and the forever bobbing around, in focus, out of focus, in focus, out if focus video, I was almost dizzy when it was over.

Lol funny how they went artsy isn't it? I will be shocked if they don't 'correct' these items with the next one. The diehard golf fan demo is too old to be following the shaky camera.

Lol funny how they went artsy isn't it? I will be shocked if they don't 'correct' these items with the next one. The diehard golf fan demo is too old to be following the shaky camera.

I thought maybe it was just me! :bulgy-eyes:

Enjoyed this show a lot. Hope it sticks around.

Awesome show, really well done. I could have done without the weird color contrasts but really good footage. 24/7 might be my favorite show on tv so I had high standards for this and it came through. Can't wait to see the rest of these!

I guess I was the only one who liked the colour contrast. I thought it made it different than some of the other tour focused shows.

I guess I was the only one who liked the colour contrast. I thought it made it different than some of the other tour focused shows.

agreed. Loved the color contrast on the camera shots.

Sent from my Evo 3D using tapatalk.

Some people should have been happy this week. No "cool" colouring effect.

Just saw this show earlier. Not bad.

Just turned this on the DVR. Interesting so far.

I haven't watched this yet. I'm wondering though, with 36 posts in this thread in 3 weeks, is it really worth it?

I've enjoyed the show, but I don't DVR it...yet. It just adds another interesting perspective on a golf tournament and it's really entertaining to hear the players micd up.

I am watching it now from last night and I have to tell you, this episode isn't that great. They added Webb Simpson to the piece and he shot 78. Nice little spots with GMac's family. I actually expected more from this episode.

I am watching it now from last night and I have to tell you, this episode isn't that great. They added Webb Simpson to the piece and he shot 78. Nice little spots with GMac's family. I actually expected more from this episode.

I agree, wasn't really sure about the Webb piece, but it's because the guys they pick to follow is determined before they shoot. So there's no way to know what will happen.

Next episode wont be until The Players Championship.

I agree, wasn't really sure about the Webb piece, but it's because the guys they pick to follow is determined before they shoot. So there's no way to know what will happen.

Next episode wont be until The Players Championship.

That's kinda weak, it'd be nice to see this each week and see how close they can get to the players
This may be a stretch but it seemed like the piece revolved around family and TW

Agree'd. The first week i like how it really followed Rory the night before and everything. Then with Justin Rose, they talked to him a lot before he tee'd off that morning.

Wonder if the players have a lot fo say in just how much the camera sees. Some guys might be more open to the concept than others.

As much as I like your thinking about the Rory and Justin thing, we shouldve known that Tiger wouldnt let too much be known.

Agree'd. The first week i like how it really followed Rory the night before and everything. Then with Justin Rose, they talked to him a lot before he tee'd off that morning.

Wonder if the players have a lot fo say in just how much the camera sees. Some guys might be more open to the concept than others.

I'm sure they do and I'm sure they requested footage from TW after Friday and Saturday's rounds. I'm assuming of course but if I were the producer I would have asked. I'll be disappointed if Phil wins this week and we don't get to see inside his world.

I may be in the minority here, but I really like this show. It's 30 minutes, so its a quick watch and isnt drug out to where it gets boring, and it gives a good look at the final day of the tournament. If nothing else, it shows great highlights. My wife, who watches Golf with me every Sunday really likes it as well, because it lets the fan see a sort of "behind the scenes" look to the Sunday of the tournament.

Last nights episode included Webb Simpson. Who, obviously collapsed on Sunday. But, I am glad they did, as it showed his family walking the entire round with and shared their thoughts on what was going on.

I'm sure they do and I'm sure they requested footage from TW after Friday and Saturday's rounds. I'm assuming of course but if I were the producer I would have asked. I'll be disappointed if Phil wins this week and we don't get to see inside his world.

I wonder why this week is not included. I understand the Masters, but not sure why this week will be left out, not like there's no big names.

I agree with wanting to see Phil, the guy is very intriguing.

I was hoping to get an inside look and was left hanging. I knew it wasn't like the others where we'd see his hotel room or anything. I loved the shot where Tiger walks into the locker room while they're filming Graeme and he doesn't even look towards the camera!

I may be in the minority here, but I really like this show. It's 30 minutes, so its a quick watch and isnt drug out to where it gets boring, and it gives a good look at the final day of the tournament. If nothing else, it shows great highlights. My wife, who watches Golf with me every Sunday really likes it as well, because it lets the fan see a sort of "behind the scenes" look to the Sunday of the tournament.

Last nights episode included Webb Simpson. Who, obviously collapsed on Sunday. But, I am glad they did, as it showed his family walking the entire round with and shared their thoughts on what was going on.
Don't get me wrong the show is entertaining....

I wonder why this week is not included. I understand the Masters, but not sure why this week will be left out, not like there's no big names.

I agree with wanting to see Phil, the guy is very intriguing.
My guess is they has a limited budget so had to pick prime spots..:confused2:

I was hoping to get an inside look and was left hanging. I knew it wasn't like the others where we'd see his hotel room or anything. I loved the shot where Tiger walks into the locker room while they're filming Graeme and he doesn't even look towards the camera!
That was a very quick hello between the two of them. TW was on his way to important meeting on the throne, it looked like...

Back