New Show on GC "Down The Stretch"

RonInThornton

LEFTIES UNITE!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
28 GHIN
From The Golf Channel:
Did you ever wonder what goes through a contender's mind and how he prepares for the final round of a PGA TOUR tournament? What happens as that Sunday unfolds, and how he reacts to winning or losing?

Through a unique series of four 30-minute shows, "Down the Stretch" on ...Golf Channel, PGA TOUR Entertainment will provide the ultimate inside look at contending players at each of four tournaments held in Florida, beginning this week.

Each show will air at 11 p.m. ET the Monday after the respective tournament: The Honda Classic (Monday, March 5), World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship (March 12), Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard (March 26) and THE PLAYERS Championship (May 14).

Tonights show should be very interesting especially to Yoccos as it features Rory McIlroy

Sounds pretty cool, will definitely be watching these.

Gotta be better than the "On The Range" show they just started up with....

You don't like? It does get boring sometimes. I thought it was going to be about preparation and showing what the guys are playing.

As for the new show, I will have to DVR this one. On way too late for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm going to have to set the DVR, who the hell can stay up til 11pm EST anyway? It does sound quite interesting though, I'll check it out.

You don't like? It does get boring sometimes. I thought it was going to be about preparation and showing what the guys are playing.

As for the new show, I will have to DVR this one. On way too late for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I DVR it and watch after the wife goes to bed. So far I have not been able to stay awake past the halfway mark...

Sounds interesting

I really like Golf Channels new direction. It seems they are really trying to connect the audience to the players. Teaching them about what they are working on, what they are playing, what they are feeling. Before it just seemed to robotic, "so and so won such and such, lets watch some highlights". They are obviously doing something right. Last year was the most watched Golf Channel had ever been in it's history.

Agreed. I was soooo disappointed in "On The Range". I thought we were getting access to swing coaches and lots of discussions and activity at the site of the tournament. Instead it is another studio show with lots and lots of canned observations.

I hope "Down The Stretch" is very transparent and behind the scenes. Stuff like player/caddy decision making, sound bites throughout the field of contenders. If it ends up being another vanilla offering I doubt I stick with it. It has the potential to be great.

Last edited:
I have it all set to record. Did you say Yoccos is in it? hehe

Agreed. I was soooo disappointed in "On The Range". I thought we were access to swing coaches and lots of discussions and activity at the site of the tournament. Instead it is another studio show with lots and lots of canned observations.

I thought the same as well.

Hearing what Wayne Player has to say about anything (other than his father) isn't that interesting to me...

Agreed. I was soooo disappointed in "On The Range". I thought we were getting access to swing coaches and lots of discussions and activity at the site of the tournament. Instead it is another studio show with lots and lots of canned observations.

I hope "Down The Stretch" is very transparent and behind the scenes. Stuff like player/caddy decision making, sound bites throughout the field of contenders. If it ends up being another vanilla offering I doubt I stick with it. It has the potential to be great.

Agree about the "On The Range" show. I emailed them and suggested they "go into the bag" of the pro they are showing practicing on the range. It would be interesting to show what clubs they are playing, shafts, lofts and wedge set ups. Also ask them what they are working on, what drills they use and what kind of fixes they are trying to make. Otherwise listening to Gary Williams and the others for an hour is plain boring.

Agree about the "On The Range" show. I emailed them and suggested they "go into the bag" of the pro they are showing practicing on the range. It would be interesting to show what clubs they are playing, shafts, lofts and wedge set ups. Also ask them what they are working on, what drills they use and what kind of fixes they are trying to make. Otherwise listening to Gary Williams and the others for an hour is plain boring.

That is something I would like to see

I'm going to have to set the DVR, who the hell can stay up til 11pm EST anyway? It does sound quite interesting though, I'll check it out.

I'll be awake, but I will be watching something else. Setting the DVR to record the series.

I set the DVR for this. Not sure why they have this stuff on so late, as not all of us are retired yet, but they do. I'm just thankful for the DVR!

Really great show. Didn't know what to expect, but was rather pleased.

Won't say too much, will give all those who PVR'd it to catch it first.

i was up last night and caught this show...gotta say i hope they stick with it b/c it was well produced and worth watching. i'll be watching as long as it continues...great show IMO.

Liked the show a lot when I caught it last night.

I thought is was a good show, I liked the behind the scenes video from the final group players.

From what I saw last night (before I fell asleep during a commercial) this show is pretty good. Much better than expected!

From what I saw last night (before I fell asleep during a commercial) this show is pretty good. Much better than expected!

Hopefully this will be repeated a thousand times like that damn Haney show and Big Break...

Hopefully this will be repeated a thousand times like that damn Haney show and Big Break...

I know. I didn't feel so bad about missing the last 20 minutes or so because I know it will be replayed 100+ times this week...

This show has the potential to be greatness. Great pick on whoever they hired to produce the show.

It was good. I liked the ironing board in the guys room, Keegan eating breakfast by himself. Kinda put things in perspective.

I just watched this. That was amazing! I hope this sticks around, as it has potential to be the best show on GC.

Back