newbie from Springfield, IL

ckates7

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey Guys,

My name is Corey and I'm from Springfield, IL. I've been playing since I was about 4 or 5. Played in high school and college, and now 6 years later the game has gotten away from me quite a bit but I still love to go out to have fun and also play in some amateur tournaments. My family has hosted an amateur tournament that has been one of the biggest in the central IL area for the past 27 years now, The Mike Steele Memorial Tournament. Since, my brother and I have recently taken over full duties, and it is quite the challenge!

A few years ago I got into Long Drive and met some good friends through there, and was improving very quickly until I found out my wife was pregnant. So since Long Drive took a lot of time and money from training, traveling, multiple clubs, etc. I stopped to give my full attention to my son and don't regret a thing. Nowadays I try to get on the course a few times a month, and still love the game.

I look forward to meeting you guys on here, and hopefully will make it out to an even sometime soon! I attached a video as well of when I was training for Long Drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxqf5AtsuXA

Corey

Welcome to THP, always good to have more from Illinois around here.

Welcome to THP, Corey! Glad to have you here.

Howdie and welcome to :thp: forums :hello:

Welcome to THP!!!

:welcome:

Welcome to the MECCA of golf forums.

Welcome!

Welcome corey

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Welcome to THP.

Welcome!