NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy JVR he needs to break out of his shell. I think he's better than he's already shown. Injuries really made it a tough year from him. Really interested in Luke I dunno how good he is but def glad we got some young solid D instead of another older D. I doubt Homer is done though.

I think Suter goes to Detroit.

Losing Suter is bad enough - seeing him go to Pittsburgh or Detroit would be a kick to the groin.

I'm honestly not sure what to think of that trade. Philly gets a good, young defensemen. Not a huge offensive upside to him, though he can help on the PK. Leafs get a good forward who really needs to come out of his shell as Buck said. If it's like the Lupul thing where the light finally comes on, the Leafs could look pretty good.

Also with Gustavson's rights gone the Leafs are currently with Scrivens and Remier for their goalies. If that doesn't screen Luongo to go there nothing else does. One good whack to the head of Remier in a scrum and the Leafs are down to a AHL goalie for the season. No proven goaltender, no playoffs for the Leafs no matter how many goals they score.

Also if the Ducks don't move Ryan that's going to get ugly. They've treated him pretty poorly the past few years and looking at the interviews with him, there's just nothing good going on there with his motiviation.

I think Parise is going to the Pens it just makes sense but you never know what other offers may come about. Loungo and the leafs I have a harder time with that one. He is not good with a lot of media attention and Toronto would eat him as much as Vancouver did. A lot of goalies will be available on the market so I'm not sure what direction Burke is going to go I think he might have his eye on Harding a good goalie who could step up as a number 1 and with his new 2 mill contract is affordable and locked up for a while. Wouldn't take a lot to get him either.

Harding already resigned with the Wild.
Vokun got snapped up, Lindberg got traded. Gustavson is barely a backup. I think the goalie market is getting pretty dry outside of a BIG trade.

Harding already resigned with the Wild.
Vokun got snapped up, Lindberg got traded. Gustavson is barely a backup. I think the goalie market is getting pretty dry outside of a BIG trade.

I'll give you bryz for a bag of pucks. Lol I really hope he has a solid season this year he won't have half of the excuses he did last year. And the fans and media here expect a lot from every player. And if you're a goalie triple that!

I'll give you bryz for a bag of pucks. Lol I really hope he has a solid season this year he won't have half of the excuses he did last year. And the fans and media here expect a lot from every player. And if you're a goalie triple that!

A: Only if it's a small bag and has no more then 5 pucks in it. I expect he'll bounce back next year.

B: Philly, Vancouver and Ottawa. Where goalies go to die it seems.

A: Only if it's a small bag and has no more then 5 pucks in it. I expect he'll bounce back next year.

B: Philly, Vancouver and Ottawa. Where goalies go to die it seems.

Andersons playing great, and Luongo played great even though i've never been a fan it was always the Defense and the forwards not playing there positions prober that broke them down with him. But in the past yes 100%.

I think the worst team for goalies has been Toronto though :p but they have never had a team so can't really blame them.

And SP is right, i guarantee Suter signs with the Wings someone has to take over Captain Lidstroms spot on the Blue line and imagine the honer that would be.. And they will give him a good chunk of change i'm sure.

Andersons playing great, and Luongo played great even though i've never been a fan it was always the Defense and the forwards not playing there positions prober that broke them down with him. But in the past yes 100%.

I think the worst team for goalies has been Toronto though :p but they have never had a team so can't really blame them.

Cujo was great, if only they could have gotten a few more years out of him. However, I really like Reimer and if he can keep his confidence going, he'll be fine. New coach should help him. Apparently he went to Burke and told him that he[Reimer] will be the started no matter who they trade for. After that apparently Burke pulled back his offer for luongo.

Cujo was great, if only they could have gotten a few more years out of him. However, I really like Reimer and if he can keep his confidence going, he'll be fine. New coach should help him. Apparently he went to Burke and told him that he[Reimer] will be the started no matter who they trade for. After that apparently Burke pulled back his offer for luongo.

Thats very interesting !! I never heard that man! But i figured they were out of the Luongo saga once Schenn was traded to Philly as that was really the only D Man that was young that the Leafs would trade. Apparently Gillis was wanting Gardiner and everyone knows that was never going to happen! Plus the Panthers have a little more they can give up.

Thats very interesting !! I never heard that man! But i figured they were out of the Luongo saga once Schenn was traded to Philly as that was really the only D Man that was young that the Leafs would trade. Apparently Gillis was wanting Gardiner and everyone knows that was never going to happen! Plus the Panthers have a little more they can give up.

I don't think I did a good job with my pronouns, so I should add that it was Reimer who went to Burke and told him [Burke] that he[Reimer] fully intended to keep his starting job even if they went and got a luongo or someone else. Also, the sources were online, so who knows whether it's true; beyond a few guys from TSN (e.g. Bob MacKenzie) I never 100% trust anyone online.

How highly did the Blue Jackets value defenseman Ryan Murray before taking him with the No. 2 overall pick in Friday’s first round of the NHL Draft? Enough to turn down an eye-opening offer from the New York Islanders, who, according to numerous NHL sources, offered all of their picks—one in each round—for the right to move up from No. 4 to No. 2 for Murray.
That’s right, for the Jackets’ No. 2 pick, the Islanders offered pick Nos. 4, 34, 65, 103, 125, 155 and 185.

Danner, thoughts?

You have to remember Jackets also hired Murrays ex Head Coach for a reason.. And plan to have him play this season. BUT we don't know who the Iles wanted was it Murray or Galenychuk whom would have been rated number 1 if he did not have a knee surgery. Gally imo was the best player in the draft, and habs was never gonna give that up.

I agree Murray is a hell of a player but the Jackets need more than 1 guy no? All of those high picks could have really helped.

That piece proves that at best, they'd be lucky to get two quality NHLers out of both teams picks combined.. Trading a pick that nets a potential franchise defenseman for a guy who could very well cap at a 2nd pairing would be a horrible move as far as I'm concerned.. NYI drafted all defenseman this weekend.. There's a reason Snow wanted Murray.

You have to remember Jackets also hired Murrays ex Head Coach for a reason.. And plan to have him play this season. BUT we don't know who the Iles wanted was it Murray or Galenychuk whom would have been rated number 1 if he did not have a knee surgery. Gally imo was the best player in the draft, and habs was never gonna give that up.

If Snow wanted Galchenyuk he would have drafted a forward. The Islanders need defenseman, and they wanted Murray.

If Snow wanted Galchenyuk he would have drafted a forward. The Islanders need defenseman, and they wanted Murray.

Aside from Nail, is there any forwards you would have preferred?

Aside from Nail, is there any forwards you would have preferred?

I would have made that deal with NYI if they were in the 3rd slot and drafted Galchenyuk. Beyond that, no.

I would have made that deal with NYI if they were in the 3rd slot and drafted Galchenyuk. Beyond that, no.

Are you happy with Bob in net?

Are you happy with Bob in net?

Howson is quoted saying he's going after another goalie via trade or FA.. I think Bob was a necessary deal and they only gave up what they acquired from the salary dumps of Vermette and Pahlsson to get him.. I'm perfectly fine with the move.

Howson is quoted saying he's going after another goalie via trade or FA.. I think Bob was a necessary deal and they only gave up what they acquired from the salary dumps of Vermette and Pahlsson to get him.. I'm perfectly fine with the move.

What are they going to do with Mason?
t

What are they going to do with Mason?
t

I would assume trade, but I doubt Howson would blink at waiving him.. If he doesn't get picked up, they eat the 2.9 while he actually develops a bit in Springfield. Surprisingly, he's still only an RFA at this end of this coming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back