Nike Vapor Speed Driver - Preview Thread

Jman,
I currently game the 2.0 and love it. Is there really much difference between that and the Speed? I saw in your notes that a 95mph swing will see a 3 yard increase so I am assuming it is not worth the upgrade but I wanted to know your opinion.

The cool thing was they were straight forward with their numbers, in the center of the face the ball speed was the same, but, they dropped the spin and upped the launch a touch between the two. Truth is, it'll just depend on what you need spin/launch wise.

As with anything if you're rocking it with the 2.0 and are comfortable then why mess with it? We all do love shiny things though! Hahaha

It was more stable of a head IMO, I believe there is something to the Fly Beams there, I really toed a couple on the Trackman to feel it and see what it would do and there was less shudder than I remember with my time with the 2.0 there.

In the end only you can justify trying it or my though buddy, ya know?

Let's nudge this one.

Forget nudge I want to swing this one. Lol. Can't wait for the release.

Nudge it its. I am surprised there aren't many comments in here. The technology is intriguing and I am in the boat this can and will suit a large group of golfers including me. I hit 10-15 drives with the 2.0 at a demo day and it was a solid driver, just couldn't pull the trigger on a new and shiny thing for the bag at the time. While I am leaning towards the pro as a ponder/direction for next new shiny thing this speed as me intrigued as well.

How would you compare launch/spin/forgiveness with G25?

Nudge it its. I am surprised there aren't many comments in here. The technology is intriguing and I am in the boat this can and will suit a large group of golfers including me. I hit 10-15 drives with the 2.0 at a demo day and it was a solid driver, just couldn't pull the trigger on a new and shiny thing for the bag at the time. While I am leaning towards the pro as a ponder/direction for next new shiny thing this speed as me intrigued as well.

How would you compare launch/spin/forgiveness with G25?

I'm not gonna get into that just yet, sorry dude. I got a solid 30 monitor swings with it all across the face and diff shafts, but I always want more time for cross brand comparisons.

I'm not gonna get into that just yet, sorry dude. I got a solid 30 monitor swings with it all across the face and diff shafts, but I always want more time for cross brand comparisons.

No worries. Will be following all the Vapor threads for updates.

I'm hoping that this is what I felt Covert 1.0 should have been. I'll be interested in hitting it.

Thanks for all the great detail. It's a solid start to a thread that I'll be following.

Awesome write up Jman. Definitely going to give this and the irons a swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henley looks to be getting his Speed on:

Russell_Henley-620x258.jpg

He's killing it too.

Finally replaced his VRS.

Yep, I think he's vapor all though the woods now.

I should have gone Speed looking back. More launch, more spin. Not bad things for me, but my numbers with the Pro we're good enough to go that way in my fitting. Still...the Speed as fun too.

What's the playing length of the Speed driver ?

Nike Vapor Speed Driver - Preview Thread

Question:

Got a buddy that is thinking about going this route. His swing speed is in the mid 90s, really between the R and S as far as shafts go. But which head would be better? The Speed is a more forgiving head, but it sets up closed. Where as the Pro sets up neutral. Any suggestions?

Question:

Got a buddy that is thinking about going this route. His swing speed is in the mid 90s, really between the R and S as far as shafts go. But which head would be better? The Speed is a more forgiving head, but it sets up closed. Where as the Pro sets up neutral. Any suggestions?

The cog should let you tweak face angle witHout changing loft, so maybe take a look at it in the open setting in the Speed to see if it's closer to neutral?

Do we have any idea when stores will get these in to hit? My local golfsmith had pretty much all the other drivers a month before release, but still has no Nike vapor drivers to hit.

Do we have any idea when stores will get these in to hit? My local golfsmith had pretty much all the other drivers a month before release, but still has no Nike vapor drivers to hit.
1/30/15

I need more time with this one, this IMO would be a better head to compare to the 815 for me. But I don't know if ANYTHING will be as forgiving as the 815 is on my miss.

I want to find out though.

I need more time with this one, this IMO would be a better head to compare to the 815 for me. But I don't know if ANYTHING will be as forgiving as the 815 is on my miss.

I want to find out though.

Contemplating picking one up? Agreed that a comparison with the 815 is better suited for this than the Pro. I obviously leaned towards the pro for the lower spin attribute but I regret not at least swinging this one.

Contemplating picking one up? Agreed that a comparison with the 815 is better suited for this than the Pro. I obviously leaned towards the pro for the lower spin attribute but I regret not at least swinging this one.

I am, ish.

I could have gone either way, 400ish more RPM for me with the Speed on the Trackman and another degree and a half of launch I think. My swing was good that day, so I went for the lower spin. I love the Pro head to death, but this one makes me curious.

I don't know that anything could take the 815 thought to be honest.

Weeeeeell...looks like I'll be reviewing this one along with the Vapor Pro...

20150202_164120-L.jpg

20150202_164132-L.jpg

I'll have better photos up soon, as these were just taken the other day when it arrived. Please refer to the first post for basic info on the head, I'll start updating in here once I get out and recording information.

And in X. Man among boys sir

And in X. Man among boys sir

Meh, its the setup I got to try at the Oven and saw solid numbers so I figured why not.

Can anyone comment as to the stock Fubuki in the Speed. The salesguy I normally chat with at Golfsmith said it was extremely soft to flex. Wondering if others have felt the same.

Everytime I go to Golfsmith all the Vapor drivers are being hit by people. Seems like some decent buzz around it.

Back