Nippon Shaft MODUS3 Tour115 Review

I finally picked out grips to go with them but still can't decide which irons I want to put them on. They would look pretty damn good on the X Forged CB's... :unsure:

Okay that makes more sense for being a blend of 105 and 125.

115 in irons and 125 a flex down in wedges could be a very potent combo.

I also hope the modus 130 profile will eventually get a lighter option.

20201130_163601.jpg

Why do I feel like any heads I would put them in would just be temporary placeholders for the MB's? I don't want to swap out the IO's yet, but I can't get this combo out of my head. They just look right together.. 😠

View attachment 8977007

Why do I feel like any heads I would put them in would just be temporary placeholders for the MB's? I don't want to swap out the IO's yet, but I can't get this combo out of my head. They just look right together.. 😠

whoa. those look amazing.

Thinking this will make a fun combo.

EEF7ACD9-B30D-4772-8AD6-2A5AC0453B08.jpeg

2E7AF631-189C-4C83-82D8-06966DBB92D1.jpeg

noice. looking forward to your thoughts!

Im kind of baiting @Canadan here : )
Although I am looking forward to shafting them up and playing a sim round this weekend.

looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this combo, do you have any shafts that u will or can compare these too in the forged head? Any chance u have experience with px lz's?

Plenty of experience with the LZs and enjoyed those a lot.

Reactions: MH
how you doin

C192675E-5E6A-47F1-A74A-92F1A5F00A3D.jpeg

i spent some time hitting the modus 115 in stiff flex today. first, the finish looks SO GOOD in person. it's not the matte, almost rough-textured black that the previous modus black finish was.

it was SO NICE to have the modus feel back in my hands. this 115 feels exactly as advertised: the smoothness of the 120 with the speed of the 105. it's my goldilocks porridge: just right. too bad these black shafts were a limited offering, because i would love to have them in everything i can get my hands on.

i haven't hit a golf ball in about a month thanks to holidays and covid. but my speed with this setup was still 88-90mph with a 7i, which is as fast if not faster than the elevate 105 stiff i have in my mav pro. launch and spin were very good. this is seriously just about the most perfect fit for me i have tried in a long time.

i spent some time hitting the modus 115 in stiff flex today. first, the finish looks SO GOOD in person. it's not the matte, almost rough-textured black that the previous modus black finish was.

it was SO NICE to have the modus feel back in my hands. this 115 feels exactly as advertised: the smoothness of the 120 with the speed of the 105. it's my goldilocks porridge: just right. too bad these black shafts were a limited offering, because i would love to have them in everything i can get my hands on.

i haven't hit a golf ball in about a month thanks to holidays and covid. but my speed with this setup was still 88-90mph with a 7i, which is as fast if not faster than the elevate 105 stiff i have in my mav pro. launch and spin were very good. this is seriously just about the most perfect fit for me i have tried in a long time.
Any more info, or thoughts on these? Wish they were a option for the new Apex21 irons. Trying to decide to go another route, PXLZ maybe and get out of the 105's, but really like some of the info found on the 115's.

Any more info, or thoughts on these? Wish they were a option for the new Apex21 irons. Trying to decide to go another route, PXLZ maybe and get out of the 105's, but really like some of the info found on the 115's.

i went to the range again today. i must have left my swing in the car though because it was ugly. i did button a few, and the 115s are just so SMOOTH.

i've been one of many huge fans of nippon for a long time. 950 and 1050 gh are some of my favorite shafts ever. i was in modus 120 for awhile, then went to 105 when i lost speed. along the way i have tested 125 and 130. 130 is the only nippon shaft i've actively disliked. all the others i love! but my favorite feeling has always been the 120. the 105 feels fast, but it has lacked the smooth feeling for me. the 115 gives me everything i could ask for. and the limited edition black is just so mean.

i went to the range again today. i must have left my swing in the car though because it was ugly. i did button a few, and the 115s are just so SMOOTH.

i've been one of many huge fans of nippon for a long time. 950 and 1050 gh are some of my favorite shafts ever. i was in modus 120 for awhile, then went to 105 when i lost speed. along the way i have tested 125 and 130. 130 is the only nippon shaft i've actively disliked. all the others i love! but my favorite feeling has always been the 120. the 105 feels fast, but it has lacked the smooth feeling for me. the 115 gives me everything i could ask for. and the limited edition black is just so mean.
Killing me. :) I am getting older but really still like the 105's in my Apex19, even with them being bent weak they are getting distance like I want, but in my extra set of Pro19's they just spun and ballooned way to much, thought the heavier 115 might help with the pros from research, and would like to get a set of ApexPro21's and debating on shafts. More research coming I guess.

I'm a huge 120 fan as well. If my graphite experiment doesn't work out, these will be high on the list for me to try.

@McLovin Do you feel like the Nippon 115's are a lot lighter than the 120s? I am thinking about making the switch from the 120X to the 115X because I am wanting black shafts. Just don't want to make the change if they feel A LOT different because I love the 120s. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

@McLovin Do you feel like the Nippon 115's are a lot lighter than the 120s? I am thinking about making the switch from the 120X to the 115X because I am wanting black shafts. Just don't want to make the change if they feel A LOT different because I love the 120s. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

hmmm, A LOT different? no, i wouldn't say so. i think @Jman has also spent some time with the 115 and can comment. to me, the 115 feels surprisingly like the 120. i have the 120 in a gw that i can take to the range tonight and put against the 115 in a pw. i'll report back!

fyi the 115 is not black, per se. it's more of a gunmetal to my eye. i think it's gorgeous.

hmmm, A LOT different? no, i wouldn't say so. i think @Jman has also spent some time with the 115 and can comment. to me, the 115 feels surprisingly like the 120. i have the 120 in a gw that i can take to the range tonight and put against the 115 in a pw. i'll report back!

fyi the 115 is not black, per se. it's more of a gunmetal to my eye. i think it's gorgeous.

If you don't mind, that would be great! I'm interested to see if you notice any big differences. Like I said, I love my 120x shafts but want a different color other than chrome. It's hard to drop $400+ on the 115's without hitting them, which is why I am looking for some feedback. @Jman Do you have any feedback on the 115's compared to the 120's? Thanks!

If you don't mind, that would be great! I'm interested to see if you notice any big differences. Like I said, I love my 120x shafts but want a different color other than chrome. It's hard to drop $400+ on the 115's without hitting them, which is why I am looking for some feedback. @Jman Do you have any feedback on the 115's compared to the 120's? Thanks!
I’ll circle back to this when I get home here in a few hours if that’s ok!

my 115 is in an iron, with a heavy grip.
the 120 is in a wedge, with a lighter grip.

so swingweights are different.

i did not notice any difference in flight. i hit the gw a little better, but the smoothness was pretty much identical. i still say the 115 is just about perfect.

my 115 is in an iron, with a heavy grip.
the 120 is in a wedge, with a lighter grip.

so swingweights are different.

i did not notice any difference in flight. i hit the gw a little better, but the smoothness was pretty much identical. i still say the 115 is just about perfect.

Thanks for the information. Good to know. I wish the color of the shaft was a little darker. Maybe the pictures make it look lighter than it actually is but it doesn't look like it's very dark at all. I've got some decisions to make. Trying to decide if I should go with the 115's or possibly the KBS $ Taper 125 S+ shafts. @Jman Any feedback on the 115's from your end?

Back