Oakley Sunglasses

I currently use a pair of sliver with grey lens. The grey tends to be a bit dark in some shaded areas of the course, so I then futz with taking them on and off. I am considering a pair of Holbrook metals with the red irridum lens to let a bit more light through and have the amber hue that i tend to prefer in my shades. Any thoughts on the holbrook metal frames?

Last edited:
Choosing a pair of sunglasses is sometimes difficult. With the arrival of each new line of glasses, Oakley logoHave you ever sold the comfort and clarity of Oakley sunglasses? You will be thrilled to know that Prizm technology enhances visual acuity, which has made the reputation of the manufacturer, now allows to reveal details and nuances that would be invisible to the naked eye. In a nutshell, Oakley 100% Anti-UV and Blue Light eye protection now offers road and mountain bikers ultra-specific eyewear.
aviator-sunglasses-polarized-mens-pilot.jpg

thumb.aspx
Tennessee Titans Women's Bombshell Sunglass

The free Frogskins I received from sportrx after moaning about their buggy website. With the lenses, about $500. Just so I didn’t get too excited though, they chose a nice pink bag for me to carry them round in.
986149e7750ff332a6c01ccc682ab35d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The free Frogskins I received from sportrx after moaning about their buggy website. With the lenses, about $500. Just so I didn’t get too excited though, they chose a nice pink bag for me to carry them round in.

That's pretty sweet

WHat?? You had a bad website experience and got prescription glasses free??

WHat?? You had a bad website experience and got prescription glasses free??

Yep. I posted a bad review on their Facebook page (it wasn’t that bad, along the lines of I’m sure the company is great but the website sucks so I’ll shop somewhere else). The next morning, I have a reply telling me to look out for a pm. An hour later, the owner pm’s me asking for detailed feedback of the issues and for my troubles I can get a free pair of glasses. When I phoned them up, I was aware these were a freebie, so when they asked me what I wanted, I told them I wanted a pair of polarized Oakley’s but didn’t want to take the piss. Amazingly, they said, yep, we can do that.

I've been rocking 2 pairs of Oakley sunglasses on the course for years, mostly because they fit my head well with the rubber in the right places and they are both prescription so I can see more than 75 yards!

I’m still on the fence about the prizm lenses. Love the frame and fit but I don’t know. Maybe I’m just so used to my transitional lenses I always wore. I now use contacts and often just take them off early in the round.

^^The Oakley’s not the contacts!

I added a new set of radarlock frames to the stable this weekend, along with a couple new ear socks options. Still easily my favourite frame and bummed they are taking a backseat to Radar EV but whatever. I saw that they are selling the Jade and Sapphire prizm lenses for radarlock finally so I'm sure eventually I'll jump on those.

Just waiting for them to sell prizm dark golf in a profile that doesn't suck on my face.

While my brother was deployed to Iraq, he bought me a pair of Oakley M-frames because like Paladin said, he could get them cheap. I loved them. I have a large head and finding sunglasses that fit me well is quite the feat. I wore them all the time, until the lens started peeling and the rubber on them started getting slimy. I think that was because I would always leave them on my dash if I wasn't wearing them. Which meant the sun was beating down on them constantly. I'll snap a pic of them later. They are still in my car. I believe they have the polarized lens. I'd love to get another pair, but they are pricey.
Amazon sells the rubber kits and replacement lenses. I have rocked m frames since the military and get all my replacement lenses and rubber kits off Amazon since oakley does not sell m frame anymore.

Sent from my SM-J737VPP using Tapatalk

I added a new set of radarlock frames to the stable this weekend, along with a couple new ear socks options. Still easily my favourite frame and bummed they are taking a backseat to Radar EV but whatever. I saw that they are selling the Jade and Sapphire prizm lenses for radarlock finally so I'm sure eventually I'll jump on those.

Just waiting for them to sell prizm dark golf in a profile that doesn't suck on my face.

Don't like the regular golf prizm?

Don't like the regular golf prizm?

On darker days I don't mind them, but at 30% light transmission I need something darker on almost every single occasion. The dark golf is 22% light transmission which could work well.

Most days I am rocking the Prizm Road (20%) or Shallow Water (15%) which is decent.

On darker days I don't mind them, but at 30% light transmission I need something darker on almost every single occasion. The dark golf is 22% light transmission which could work well.

Most days I am rocking the Prizm Road (20%) or Shallow Water (15%) which is decent.

I went with Baseball Outfield Prizm for that exact reason, it's 15%. I figured it would be tuned pretty similarly to golf (white ball in air, green grass ground). Works great for me and is available in almost every frame style.

Edit- looks like sometimes it's just called "field" and not outfield. So it's the baseball lens that isn't called infield lol

matte black radarlock frames paired with sky blue ear socks and the blue deep sea prizm lenses. They have silver "O" as well.

Look absolutely incredible, and will be amazing during the super bright days both casually and on the course.

matte black radarlock frames paired with sky blue ear socks and the blue deep sea prizm lenses. They have silver "O" as well.

Look absolutely incredible, and will be amazing during the super bright days both casually and on the course.

pix!! pics!!

Love my deep sea prizm! Wear them more than the golf prism as I have sensitive eyes. Awesome for just bright casual days too!Options galore and radarlock rocks!

Been using Oakley since I was a teen. I now have the m frame 2.0 from when i was in the military. I have sweep polarized lenses in then at the moment. Love my oakley's.

Sent from my SM-J737VPP using Tapatalk

Love my deep sea prizm! Wear them more than the golf prism as I have sensitive eyes. Awesome for just bright casual days too!Options galore and radarlock rocks!

I’m pretty sure some flak drafts with dark prizm golf are my next acquisition. They dropped the light transition by nearly 10% with them I think.

I’m pretty sure some flak drafts with dark prizm golf are my next acquisition. They dropped the light transition by nearly 10% with them I think.
Have u tried the road prizim...I got a pair of crossrange XL last year with those lens. Might be a touch too dark for me but work really good in super bright days.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Have u tried the road prizim...I got a pair of crossrange XL last year with those lens. Might be a touch too dark for me but work really good in super bright days.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’ve got five lenses for my radarlock. The road are one of them and I love them. Everything but the part where they are red haha. Tough to match.

I continually find myself ordered items in outlandish colors because they're 30-40% cheaper than black and navy.

61Yr03H2K-L._UX679_.jpg

2 pair of prescription. 1 Flak 2.0 Golf Prism and 1 Targetline with darkest lenses they make. Targetline frames are huge but I like the coverage they provide. Already got my raccoon tan this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back