Odd question I have never seen asked before.

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
When on vacation & using rental clubs I know they don't provide balls, but what about tee's? Thinking about what I need to pack just wondered if I should bring some? Don't want to buy any if I don't have too.

Thinking about 3 sleeves of balls, a glove & a pocket full of tees. Not bothering with the gps since I can't update my list anyways. Computer has a glitch & I need to wipe out everything golflogix related & start over.

Seems to vary a lot. Some courses I've played will have all the tee slots on their carts filled, but I'd say plan to bring along a batch.

Going to throw another odd question out there & maybe one of the rules enforcers knows the answer? There are creeks with crocodiles in them, obviously if my ball goes anywhere near the water they can have it & I will simply take the penalty. But say my ball lands near one sunning himself, I still won't go get that ball but am I allowed a free drop & if so where?

You are allowed a free drop if your ball is located someplace that is considered dangerous. Crocs, ratllesnakes and bees all count. Cactus, poison ivy, and thorn bushes do not. I don't remember the exact rule but I'd go under 1 - 2 club lengths from the nearest spot of relief no closer to the hole. With a croc, the nearest spot may be a good 20 yards away for me. Those things can move fast if they want, I believe. Golf is real fun and I like to score as low as possible, but I ani't gonna be a crocs snack just to save a stroke or ball.....

I have received free tees, even divot tools, but since these items are small you might as well bring them. + A good-size Bowie knife for the crocs!

You are allowed a free drop if your ball is located someplace that is considered dangerous. Crocs, ratllesnakes and bees all count. Cactus, poison ivy, and thorn bushes do not. I don't remember the exact rule but I'd go under 1 - 2 club lengths from the nearest spot of relief no closer to the hole. With a croc, the nearest spot may be a good 20 yards away for me. Those things can move fast if they want, I believe. Golf is real fun and I like to score as low as possible, but I ani't gonna be a crocs snack just to save a stroke or ball.....

It's one club length from the nearest spot that isn't dangerous - not NPR. If you're in a hazard and it's too dangerous to drop in that hazard - you may find a similar hazard and drop no closer to the hole. If that's not possible and you have to drop outside the hazard, then you must take a 1 stroke penalty.

I'm allergic to bees so I know this rule well.

I'm allergic to getting my arm bitten off by crocs:D

If you where a pair of those Crocs golf shoes they won't bother you.

Kevin

When I played the Kiawah Island ocean course we got really close to a gator and it acted like we where not even around. But I did have a 3 wood in my hand just in case :D

If you where a pair of those Crocs golf shoes they won't bother you.

Kevin

I will never ever wear a pair of rubber shoes like those.

I stay away from Crocs and Aligators....dont want to be an Amos Moses. My nearest place of relief just may be the next hole. I recall playing down in Hilton Head last year and was paired with a threesome. Someone shanked a shot towards the water and in the brush. They proceeded to look for the ball and heard some hissing in the brush and everyone took off running. Couple minutes later we saw a 12 foot 'gator strolling out and into the water. I dont take chances and glad to know there is a rule about the free drop.

Some courses around here actually have complimentary tees and ball markers.

down here in Florida there are gators on 99% of the courses we play, thankfully as long as you leave them alone they leave you alone. now as far as a "crocodile" I say screw the golfball and Run Forest Run!!

back to the original question I agree tees are small enough to throw a bag in the luggage to be sure you have some. of course you can usually find a handful on most tee boxes that are useable

If its a nicer course, I cant see them not giving you tees Dyna. Most resort type courses I have played at have always had them.

I played with my brother yesterday and he asked me what color the flag was on the 6th hole - he's color blind. I asked him what he does in competitive play and he said he's allowed to ask the color because he's not asking for yardage. It got me thinking about other things that may affect us - like I checked the ruling on bees. Is there anything that you've checked the ruling on because it only affected you?

I played with my brother yesterday and he asked me what color the flag was on the 6th hole - he's color blind. I asked him what he does in competitive play and he said he's allowed to ask the color because he's not asking for yardage. It got me thinking about other things that may affect us - like I checked the ruling on bees. Is there anything that you've checked the ruling on because it only affected you?

i've never checked this ruling before D, but then again i've never asked my playing partners the color of the flag. most of the courses i play do one of two things for pin placements on the day:

1. they tell you the pin position before you start your round, then i just look on the card to see the position.

2. they place the flag higher on the stick for a back pin placement, middle of the stick for middle placement, or lower on the stick for front location.

i don't think that i've ever played a course where they used colors of the flags to alert the golfer of pin placement. it'll be interesting to see what the ruling is, and i hope someone knows the answer.

I've seen color for pin placement a lot.

Dyna, some courses have local rules for alligators. Also, bring all that small stuff with you. I have yet to play a course in Mexico that provided any of it.

The course I play has blue for back, white for middle, and red for front. I prefer it to using a card, as I dislike pulling out scorecards or pin placement sheets on every approach shot. But then again, I usually just aim for the middle of the green! :bulgy-eyes:

The course I play has blue for back, white for middle, and red for front. I prefer it to using a card, as I dislike pulling out scorecards or pin placement sheets on every approach shot. But then again, I usually just aim for the middle of the green! :bulgy-eyes:

sacul, you need a gps.

I've seen color for pin placement a lot.

Dyna, some courses have local rules for alligators. Also, bring all that small stuff with you. I have yet to play a course in Mexico that provided any of it.

It's already packed, dozen balls, some tee's, a glove, etc. Not bringing my golf shoes, will probably just play in sandals.

And I have seen different colored flags indicating pin placements on a lot of courses.

Back