Odyssey Covers Thread

I get both sides of it, and I get the limitations, but the reality is, market will dictate whether that's a 100 dollar cover or not. Personally, I don't think it's a 40 dollar cover, but that's just me personally. We're all free to decide what it's worth.

Really do wish they tried to do more with the yellow/green -- But I don't know what they are able to do so I guess I can't judge.

I agree that I don't think the market is gonna be there. Hell the Question Mark, Odyssey Swirl and Windmill headcovers are all better looking IMO and are under $30

My "valuations of worth" is quite looser than yours and I wouldn't spend 40 on this cover

Haha, it must me bad then.

One concern I do have is what if I skip on the Masters cover and then the next 3 major covers are super awesome and I get them but don't have the Masters cover to complete the set

I don't mean to remain off topic, but I just looked at some emails and the Lamkin website and the grips say "celebrating the first major of the 2016 season" and "special edition Green" but no mention of The Masters anywhere that I can see.

I think that is what is the issue here, but they could at least make an appealing cover without the mention and just using the colorways.

I could be wrong, but I thought I saw Masters on their site earlier in the week.

Back to the topic at hand, the Odyssey headcover is not especially good looking, and I certainly wouldn't pay $99 for it.

I don't collect covers as much as i used to, but i have to say i wouldn't walk across the street to pick this one up if it was lying there. Color wise, it's not right, and it doesn't do anything for me. It's definitely a '2016 headcover' but nothing else. So many others have done a much better job (either the 'road to Augusta' type ones, or the bridge stone i think was amazing looking with the azaleas'. This, not so much. Heck, the Scotty Cameron one that had golf carts on it(2004) from a decade ago looked better than this. I look at the PGA cover from last year, and i get lots of subtle references to where the golf course is.

Has anyone thought this might be an April Fools joke, and the real one is yet to be released? This headcover is boring as hell...

Considering they took people's money online with this head shown I don't think so.

Does scotty have exclusive rights?
68f5227ed14c095ead55690e420e85a7.jpg

Now that Scotty cover is how it's done. Very nice

Is it? Hard to tell or me from those pics. Either way, at least it actually refers to the Masters.
Looks blue to me. I may be wrong.

Ah. Scotty Cameron ruining golf for everyone else.

Makes perfect sense. :alien:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if he does. So many other companies have had solid releases without the word masters and we all knew what they were. It shouldn't be an excuse for Odyssey putting out a sub par product.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Has anyone thought this might be an April Fools joke, and the real one is yet to be released? This headcover is boring as hell...

Agree with this. Bleh

Both the blade and mallet versions are still available for purchase on their site, if that tells you anything.

Some of the covers that are sold on the property are made by Cameron so he does have the license to use the name Masters. He does an exclusive on for Berkman's Place in addition to the limited Masters covers. I will look at them on Wednesday, but I know that I am not going to pay that kind of coin for a cover.

I wonder if Odyssey's reaction will be "we made too many covers. Not limited enough" or will they realize the reason people didn't buy it is because the cover sucks

That Toe Up cover is pretty freaking slick.

I want the cover without the putter.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back