Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter Preview

I'm looking forward to getting my #7 soon. I have liked the head shape since it's debut but just never always enjoyed the double bend shaft. That will change soon and I can't wait to get it and put it through its paces.

Been playing the MXM #7 for approximately 5 rounds now and with each round I am putting better and better. The highlight was at Waterlefe with THPer Howzat and rolling in just about everything I looked at. A little backstory is that when I first got back into the game, I played the White Hot #7 when it first came out and for some reason its a shape that has always looked right to me.

When the MXM came out this year I knew I had to give it a roll. It sets up well for me like the previous one and the soft and muted thud sound at impact is exactly what I like. My one area that I have always thought I could improve was making sure I get every ball to the hole, after all, you don't make anything that does not get there.

For some reason, this putter more than any other I have had before it, gets everything to the hole and in turn has helped me make more putts than ever before.

You using the stock grip?

Thank you Howzat and he is right I am using the stock grip. That may change to a new Lamkin I-Line however.

Been playing the MXM #7 for approximately 5 rounds now and with each round I am putting better and better. The highlight was at Waterlefe with THPer Howzat and rolling in just about everything I looked at. A little backstory is that when I first got back into the game, I played the White Hot #7 when it first came out and for some reason its a shape that has always looked right to me.

When the MXM came out this year I knew I had to give it a roll. It sets up well for me like the previous one and the soft and muted thud sound at impact is exactly what I like. My one area that I have always thought I could improve was making sure I get every ball to the hole, after all, you don't make anything that does not get there.

For some reason, this putter more than any other I have had before it, gets everything to the hole and in turn has helped me make more putts than ever before.
Do you think the pace/speed has to do with the face more or weight? Or maybe something different?

I have the SS 3.0. Might go to the 2.0

Do you think the pace/speed has to do with the face more or weight? Or maybe something different?

I have no answer for you unfortunately. Perhaps a combination of all of it.

I have no answer for you unfortunately. Perhaps a combination of all of it.

I have found that to be quite true with putters sometimes it's tough to narrow it down to one thing.

Thank you Howzat and he is right I am using the stock grip. That may change to a new Lamkin I-Line however.

The green one would look great on that putter.

Well it's taken a few rounds but the mxm shined today.

26 putts with only 11 on the back 9. Lots of scrambling today but the wedges and putter bailed me out

So today I had a pretty amazing round with the MXM #9. I didnt have my best stuff today tee to green, but my putter was the one club I knew I could count on time and time again. I had 12 putts today and while I was scrambling my butt off, I did have about 3 or 4 putts that I had to make to save a par or bogey that were longer that 8'.

The one putt I had when I knew my putter would be on came on my second hole. It was a par 3 from 179 yards and the 2 club wind was blowing straight back into our face. I hit a great 4 iron that came up about 35' short when it plugged right in its ball mark. Looked at the putt and lined up and ended up draining it dead center. From that point on my speed and line were just really great all day.

I continue to just love this putter. The feel is incredible, soft yet firm, with an amazing sound feedback. I love the single sight line on the flange of the putter and the head shape really fits my eye well. The heavy toe hang is really something that fits my stroke well and I consistently put a great roll on the ball time and time again. I don't see this putter leaving that bag soon but there is always room for some competition.

Dan, couldn't agree more dude, glad you had a day with this. Even on the winter greens I was putting on, I was stroking the ball really well. In one awesome stretch for me today that included 3 birdies in 5 holes, I had 6 putts with 1 being a missed eagle putt. Loving the feel and sound of my #9. I was a heart breaker on the greens today when I really didn't have many good approaches. It's an amazing feeling having confidence in this putter and it showed today.

my #7 shows this week I cant wait. Woot woot.

Pro shop called, the MXM-V #7 come in today.
I know where I will be going for lunch Tuesday.

Got my MXM Versa #9 today. Such a good looking putter.

Ugh. I want to order one but I am sure the wife will kill me. But dang do I want one bad.

Ugh. I want to order one but I am sure the wife will kill me. But dang do I want one bad.
I need a doctor! I'm kicking around the same thing. The doctor will be need to extract a shoe from my arse when Lee finds out lol

that one looks sweet, look forward to hearing your thoughts

I need a doctor! I'm kicking around the same thing. The doctor will be need to extract a shoe from my arse when Lee finds out lol

Haha. Thats my problem. Is it worth the grief I will get for a few days? Right now I am saying yes....but I just dont know.

Haha. Thats my problem. Is it worth the grief I will get for a few days? Right now I am saying yes....but I just dont know.
My plan is to wait and let her boxes from Callaway come in....then I will weigh my options again

I want one, but it's hard to justify considering I recently bought a Versa 9.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

And then you have to go and do this. Might dwell on it for a bit, but I've had this ponder ever since the PGA Show. It just looks so dang good. Thinking black shaft and SuperStroke Midnight Black/Silver grip. If i do it, it will be done right.

Its just sitting in my cart....taunting me. Dang it.

Its just sitting in my cart....taunting me. Dang it.

The headcovers for them are freaking sweet too. Pull. The. Trigger. #IAmAnEnabler

The headcovers for them are freaking sweet too. Pull. The. Trigger. #IAmAnEnabler

It feels so good. Glad it happened now instead of waiting forever. Just so you know, if I get blamed for this I am directing my wifes wrath at you. :D

Back