Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter Preview

I was at the pro shop, someone bought a #7 put a Super Stroke #1 on.
Then traded in a week later, he's putting it on eBay for $250.00 should of waited two weeks lol

I was very excited about the MXM putters, but got the chance to roll a #1, #6 and #9 today against my trusty Metal X #6, all I can say is "Meh".

Other posters had said it is much different then the older Metal X line, and they were right, but not in the same context as my experience. I just couldn't get used to the feel, it didn't feel that great in hand, and overall felt lighter than the MX6. To each his own I guess. On the bright side, I saved $300 by NOT buying one, right?

One thing is definite about golf equipment, there is NO one size fits all product, we're all different!

Odyssey just took the MXM line off their web site.
Looks like they are not taking anymore orders for them.

Yup. They have sold out. Only availability is what retail has in stock or booked order being shipped out now.

If this is true I'm glad I got my MXM #7 when I did. I knew they were on a limited run, but didn't expect this fast.

Wonder if the Versa MXM is the reason

Spent some time rolling the #1 over the weekend while doing some ball testing. As said before, it's as soft as they come dead center, but does lose that good feel off the sweet spot pretty quickly. One of these months I might actually get to use it on a real putting green.

Was really interested when I saw these online. I'd love to try the #9 and see how it feels. Hopefully my local stores will have one soon

Just snagged one of these off Amazon as soon as I heard they had sold out. I know they will still be available at retail for a bit, but they will probably never get discounted now (which is a good thing for residual value). I really wanted to try before buying but it was one of the 3 putters I was considering along with the new Method Mod and a Cameron. I have no doubt I'll be able to find the other two in the future, but I have a feeling when winter finally breaks these are all going to be snapped up pretty quick. If I don't like it I should be able to sell for 80% without issue. Thought about waiting for the Versa version, but I'm just not digging the two tone, but it does look a ton better then black and white.

oh, bought the 330m

These were never going to be discounted. Callaway's plan the entire time with these was for them to be a limited release and when they were gone they'd be gone forever.

These were never going to be discounted. Callaway's plan the entire time with these was for them to be a limited release and when they were gone they'd be gone forever.

I think we all see that now, but when it's the first time a company does something (even when they say limited) it can catch fans off guard.

Word is the next line of the these (the Versa version) will be even more limited. Definitely looks like these guys are trying to carve into the high end nitch that is dominated by Cameron right now. His is a good move for Odyssey and while it may piss off a few fans in the short term, it could improve brand perception in the long term.

Picked up a MXM #7 putter today. Can't wait to roll this. Just have to wait for the ice we got yesterday to melt and the courses to open up. Balls roll so nice on the carpet.

Congratulations on your new MXM # 7 Golfever.

Spent some time rolling the #1 over the weekend while doing some ball testing. As said before, it's as soft as they come dead center, but does lose that good feel off the sweet spot pretty quickly. One of these months I might actually get to use it on a real putting green.

Having several rounds in the books I am realizing this to be true. Great distance control and speed when hit in or close to the center, but off center hits loose that feeling and putting results show.

Having several rounds in the books I am realizing this to be true. Great distance control and speed when hit in or close to the center, but off center hits loose that feeling and putting results show.

Compared to the WHP insert it's definitely different for me. That one is more consistent across the face, though I can still discern misses.

Lol! You mean you want one of the worst winters in history to end? I hope it's a slow thaw. Everything is going to be flooded as it is. I suspect the greens will be playing at a 4 during April. :alien:

I ended returning my MXM #7. The wanderlust quickly faded and the size of the head got annoying. Went and did a fitting and got put into a Scotty Monterey 1.5 .

I still think the MXM is a solid putter that a lot of people will like.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

Lol! You mean you want one of the worst winters in history to end? I hope it's a slow thaw. Everything is going to be flooded as it is. I suspect the greens will be playing at a 4 during April. :alien:

I ended returning my MXM #7. The wanderlust quickly faded and the size of the head got annoying. Went and did a fitting and got put into a Scotty Monterey 1.5 .

I still think the MXM is a solid putter that a lot of people will like.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

It's gonna be an ugly spring for sure. We are a month behind schedule it seems. Agreed, plenty to like about the line.

Finally saw these in person today at Golfsmith Extreme. The Rossie felt amazing. I'm usually an insert guy and the face of these truly does feel a bit like an insert. Certainly not all the way, but for sure somewhere between a normal milled face and an insert. I seriously considered seeing what trade in value I could get on my new White Hot Pro Rossie, but convinced myself to walk away. Still in the back of my mind though.

Finally saw these in person today at Golfsmith Extreme. The Rossie felt amazing. I'm usually an insert guy and the face of these truly does feel a bit like an insert. Certainly not all the way, but for sure somewhere between a normal milled face and an insert. I seriously considered seeing what trade in value I could get on my new White Hot Pro Rossie, but convinced myself to walk away. Still in the back of my mind though.

I was an insert guy before my #9 because I liked a little softer feel. While I don't find the sound the same (doesn't really matter at all) the feel and performance are great for me. Barry, I don't think you could go wrong either way!

Saw the MXM versa today, like an idiot I didn't take a picture of it, partially because I was shocked that it looked so great in person. The contrast is just right and if I have it my way, will probably be in the bag come April 15th or shortly thereafter.

MXM Rossie and I continue to forge our relationship. No 3 Jacks on an early spring golf course today. Made a few from outside 10' today. I will be putting the SS on a diet and going down to the SS2. I originally put the 3 on it and I'm finding it a little big, can't seem to get my hands comfortable on the grip.

Looking at picking up the #7, initially wanted to play a TM putter because of the nice design, but they feel horrible.

I would love a Tank version of the MXM Versa #7.

I would love a Tank version of the MXM Versa #7.

This would be my dream. I rolled the MXM #7 again last night and love how it feels. I was originally against the larger head as both my OG Metal X and Versa #7's are the smaller head. I really cant wait to see the MXM-V #7 in stores.

Been playing the MXM #7 for approximately 5 rounds now and with each round I am putting better and better. The highlight was at Waterlefe with THPer Howzat and rolling in just about everything I looked at. A little backstory is that when I first got back into the game, I played the White Hot #7 when it first came out and for some reason its a shape that has always looked right to me.

When the MXM came out this year I knew I had to give it a roll. It sets up well for me like the previous one and the soft and muted thud sound at impact is exactly what I like. My one area that I have always thought I could improve was making sure I get every ball to the hole, after all, you don't make anything that does not get there.

For some reason, this putter more than any other I have had before it, gets everything to the hole and in turn has helped me make more putts than ever before.

I really just think you like the ability to pick up the ball using the bottom of the putter :alien:. JB was basically unconscious with this for most of the weekend. He would drain these long putts that normally I would get all excited for people to make, but I just expected them to go in after a while. Really good stuff.

Back