Odyssey Putters Thread

I love my V-Line Works, but one thing that bugs me is that the satin finish on the top line seems to scratch easy.

I was thinking about trying to remove the rest of the satin finish on the top line with a Scotchbrite pad, but I'm afraid I'll just mess it up worse.
Picture?

I love my V-Line Works, but one thing that bugs me is that the satin finish on the top line seems to scratch easy.

I was thinking about trying to remove the rest of the satin finish on the top line with a Scotchbrite pad, but I'm afraid I'll just mess it up worse.

Yep. It's super annoying. it seems to happen really easily too, because I had a hard time when I went in to buy a works 7 when they first came out that didn't have scratches in the finish. Just simple bumping into the other putters they had on the rack seemed to do it.

I swore I was done buying putters but I've got a major itch for a Milled Collection #2.

I saw the white hot rx online yesterday and I wish I wouldn't have.
How does it work when you buy off rakuten? Is their extra costs after the purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interested in seeing the answer to this. I was wondering the same thing. Duties, etc.. Prices look to good to be true. You know what they say.....

I asked someone in the know yesterday and the answer was that you have to be careful, just like online auctions in the US. While this is not an auction, the online store is a placeholder for other stores and does not monitor things as closely as they need to. The company acknowledged this a few years back and is trying to work with brands (including luxury brands) to rid the issue, but they are still there. Rakuten is trying to fix the problem which they believe begins with counterfeit reviews of stores which promotes the products. There are a lot of articles out there on this.

There are good sellers and bad sellers and the problem exists when trying to weed through that if you have a language barrier, time change barrier and are overall unsure if a product is real or fake to begin with (many times its hard to tell). While as a company, Rakuten is very large (Japans largest online retailer, based on number of transactions), they will struggle in instances such as this just like any other "place holder" type of company does.

I am going to add The Tank Versa #1W to my line up. I'll be interested to see the weighting difference the Tank cruiser and the regular Tank

I purchased my WHP #3 around a month ago after seeing a photo of the one that blugold owns. I've always been a fan of clean blade putters but typically prefer a straight shaft. But the slant neck in this is so minimal that I have no issues with it at address.

I've been through countless putters over the past several years with nothing lasting more than a few months. Seem to consistently be in that 32-34 putts per round while hitting anywhere from 6-9 GIR.

The feel of the WHP is fantastic, it is soft but has enough audible response to know when you've hit a putt correctly. I'm still trying to get over a fear of it being too soft and therefore I run it past the hole.

While I still had 34 putts yesterday it's how they happened that is making me think this could be a little bit different for me.

- I made 2 putts in the 20-30 foot range yesterday (this is a rarity to even make one)
- Was making everything inside 6 feet
- Ran a few longer putts by the hole (down slope and didn't recognize it) about 8-12 feet and made 2 of the come backers for par

I'm still burning edges but I'm also dropping some putts. Excited about the future with this one, 2 rounds in the next 4 days to continue getting it dialed in.

I have an urge to go back to my roots with the putter that started it all for me as a THP Staff Writer, the metal-x 6. Love that putter, and I still love that insert to death.

Now finding one in good shape could be an issue.

I have an urge to go back to my roots with the putter that started it all for me as a THP Staff Writer, the metal-x 6. Love that putter, and I still love that insert to death.

I remember reading that review and bring blown away. I had just left the course and stopped in the parking lot to finish reading it.

This may be a little off the beaten path, but I REALLY like center shafted putters (thanks Jman) but find myself starring longingly at the Tank Cruiser #1 Wide. I wonder if there would be any benefit to this head shape in a CS model. I think I looked everywhere and cant seem to find one. Any ideas?

JM

This may be a little off the beaten path, but I REALLY like center shafted putters (thanks Jman) but find myself starring longingly at the Tank Cruiser #1 Wide. I wonder if there would be any benefit to this head shape in a CS model. I think I looked everywhere and cant seem to find one. Any ideas?

JM

Although it's rare, if you can find a Metal X #6 CS. I think it's the widest blade CS I've seen from Odyssey. It doesn't have adjustable weights like the tank cruiser models

I remember reading that review and bring blown away. I had just left the course and stopped in the parking lot to finish reading it.
Hahaha, its funny I actually went back and read it the other day. Instantly felt the nerves again, and cringed at some of the writing looking back hahahahaha

Makes me smile though, it all started there for me.
Although it's rare, if you can find a Metal X #6 CS. I think it's the widest blade CS I've seen from Odyssey. It doesn't have adjustable weights like the tank cruiser models

Yep, that's the closest you'll get.

I actually found a pristine condition metal x #6 used at Golfsmith earlier this year for like $60. Basically brand new. Too bad I ended up taking it back as this year for putters has been crazy haha

I can honestly say the Metal-X 6 is one of the best performing putters I've ever owned. There is something about the headshape of it that looks really good to me. If this whole mallet #7 thing doesn't work out, you better believe the #6 will slide right back in.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Like that one more than the VLine and the Big T?

Odyssey Putters Thread

RX White Hot? I may or may not have one on the way

I have a RX white hot on the way but it's the #2. I'm so excited for it I might change the delivery option to pick up at post office of my work.

Last edited:
Like that one more than the VLine and the Big T?
I'm just more of a blade or mid mallet guy than anything. The 5 is going nowhere, but I'd like to have an Odyssey blade to put in the rotation again, and the 6 mx is my favorite Odyssey ever.

Loving my #7 MXM again!
Stroke feels good, and I have confidence over the putt.

Such a good putter!

Odyssey Putters Thread

It's an interesting head shape. Like a compact 7...

Was really hoping for a VLIne bc I'm rolling the Works TC well and that's not going anywhere, but this is a great putter to tinker with

Last edited:
Was really hoping for a VLIne bc I'm rolling the Works TC well and that's not going anywhere, but this is a great ute tot tinker with
Dude 150 for a JDM (unavailable normally in us) odyssey is a no brainer imo. The white hot rx insert is pretty damn good too

Back