Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm a Nets fan through and through. Besides, they'd have swept either of those teams so it's okay.

Haha, I know buddy. Just busting your chops!

Hey, I'm a Nets fan through and through. Besides, they'd have swept either of those teams so it's okay.
Why do you cheer for a team from Broocklyn?

Cannot believe that just happened. Broken record or not I really can't. I never thought it would work here in Oklahoma. Crazy, crazy, crazy

Cannot believe that just happened. Broken record or not I really can't. I never thought it would work here in Oklahoma. Crazy, crazy, crazy
They really were Supersonic tonight thats for sure.

Why do you cheer for a team from Broocklyn?

They weren't always from there. They just moved to that loser town from beautiful NJ. I'm not liking recent changes to the Nets franchise. Not a fan of this whole Russian thing they've got going on. AND Dwill's gonna leave.

Something is working! The crowd is elctrifying

Something is working! The crowd is elctrifying

When the Hornets were here the state embraced them but I still didn't think it would work out like this or ever really get a permanent team. Say what you want with how they got here, Supersonics are dead and this is the Oklahoma Thunder now. Its killed college basketball attendance in the state...but I'm ok with that because my Sooners suck at basketball anyways! lol

I hate basketball but this has got me hooked like everyone else in the state.

When the Hornets were here the state embraced them but I still didn't think it would work out like this or ever really get a permanent team. Say what you want with how they got here, Supersonics are dead and this is the Oklahoma Thunder now. Its killed college basketball attendance in the state...but I'm ok with that because my Sooners suck at basketball anyways! lol

I hate basketball but this has got me hooked like everyone else in the state.

Yeah how could you NOT root for them if you lived in OK!

I miss my Sonics

How's a cat supposed to afford a new arena?!? Thats just cruel Jman.

Haha, maybe his tears are made of gold and he could sell them?

Whats crazy is I used to really like Seattle when they had Schremph and Kemp (pre-lockout Kemp, not all I did was eat donuts during the lockout Kemp), strange to think back on. Hell, they were my favorite to use on NBA Jam! LOL

They weren't always from there. They just moved to that loser town from beautiful NJ. I'm not liking recent changes to the Nets franchise. Not a fan of this whole Russian thing they've got going on. AND Dwill's gonna leave.

Haha, maybe his tears are made of gold and he could sell them?

Whats crazy is I used to really like Seattle when they had Schremph and Kemp (pre-lockout Kemp, not all I did was eat donuts during the lockout Kemp), strange to think back on. Hell, they were my favorite to use on NBA Jam! LOL

Hahaha dude yes! Im not a sonics fan myself but that NBA jam combo was legit.

Just give it a little tappy-tap.

Based on going back some pages, the unbeatable were defeated last night. Great win for the state of OK. They better get used to this though, this team is that darn good.

Yeah I agree this team is young and very good. Youth was served last night. How cool would a old guard celtics versus the new guard Thunder finals matchup be? I'd love to see that.

The NBA is built on streaks, OK is on theirs and I really see them taking down the Celtics in the finals. They are young, talented and hungry. Sorta look like a team playing for the love of the game instead of x's and o's

Im still kind of surprised that most people believe the Heat vs Celtics matchup is over. I dont think it is really, as I believe that the Heat are still right in it. THey are too talented not to be. The ironic thing is how many people thought the Celtics would be done in 5 or at the most 6 and now they dont believe the Heat can win 1 to force game 7.

I was one of those that thought the heat would beat the celts in 5. Now that Garnett and pierce have started to play and rondo got a shot of vitamin H they look good. I just don't see enough from the heat if this goes 7. I see the heat winning tonight but losing in Beantown.

I was one of those that thought the heat would beat the celts in 5. Now that Garnett and pierce have started to play and rondo got a shot of vitamin H they look good. I just don't see enough from the heat if this goes 7. I see the heat winning tonight but losing in Beantown.

I believe the game tonight is in Boston and game 7 is in Miami

I am still pretty shocked how SA folded on the last 4 game of the series. They looked near unbeatable for 2 games and then *poof*.
I didn't watch the second half last night, but OKC must have put on a show... or taken Parker out at the knees.

I am still pretty shocked how SA folded on the last 4 game of the series. They looked near unbeatable for 2 games and then *poof*.
I didn't watch the second half last night, but OKC must have put on a show... or taken Parker out at the knees.

Flopping leads to bad karma....I kid I kid

I thought the Heat would just run roughshod over the "old" celtics but that just hasn't been the case. I won't get into the specifics because I think we've beat that to death but the Celtics have shown heart and deserve to win this series.

Based on going back some pages, the unbeatable were defeated last night. Great win for the state of OK. They better get used to this though, this team is that darn good.

I don't remember anyone saying they were unbeatable. I said they were the best team in the league at the time, and they were. But they lost their mojo in a big way and couldn't recover. Last night was a good game, I wish some calls wouldn't have been made but the Spurs didn't handle their business and lost.

I'm also disappointed this is an unwatchable finals for me, I can't support a team that was stolen from another city, I'm anti-Boston for all sports, and I have made it clear how I feel about the Heat haha.

SA won too many in a row to keep that level of playing going. Once OK started to believe they belong they ran the old men out the gym.
The heat need huge out puts from their big 3 tonight in Boston. Maybe spread the floor with some sharp shooters so king and wade can slash,bosh can post up

Im still kind of surprised that most people believe the Heat vs Celtics matchup is over. I dont think it is really, as I believe that the Heat are still right in it. THey are too talented not to be. The ironic thing is how many people thought the Celtics would be done in 5 or at the most 6 and now they dont believe the Heat can win 1 to force game 7.

One way of looking at it is that this series could be over if the Celtics had gotten a couple of different breaks in Game 2. However, I choose to take your view and I'm still very frightened by Miami tonight. Bosh is going to play more than in Game 5, and that will definitely help them out. A lot of people don't think that Boston will lose at home because they do not want to go back to Miami and the crowd will be a huge factor, but it's not like Miami has no chance tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back