Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the feel of the Metal X! I swear the feel almost makes me think I am rolling a milled face putter. The Metal X 8 is a sweet looking flatstick too!

It really does feel like a milled face. Stopped in to drop my Classic off to get reshafted, and saw them. Had to give them a roll.

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

pondering the same thing dude

Am at golfsmith, and I just rolled the metal x 8 and 9, along with the Nome. Metal x felt better to me, although the Nome is smooth. Hawkpondering a metal x now.

Love the feel of the Metal X! I swear the feel almost makes me think I am rolling a milled face putter. The Metal X 8 is a sweet looking flatstick too!

Roll the Nome and you don't have to imagine you're rolling a milled face putter :alien:

Yeah, the Mashie hybrids are out for the moment. The 3W is my dilema, I love the Mashie 3W in the fairway and even light rough, it rocks. But I am thinking the RBZ would own it off the tee. I am kind of thinking replacing my driver with the RBZ 3W.

Don't know how much more distance you'll see out of the RBZ over the Mashie, Kmac may be able to provide some input here as he's had both. I prefer the RBZ off the tee and hit it pretty good off the deck, but I would say that the Mashie is probably easier off the deck. Curious to see your numbers vs. your driver. Have you ever gone for a driver fitting?

My 14* Mashie is every bit as long as the RBZ 3W was that I had and far easier to hit. It is stronger lofted too so that plays a part I'm sure but you'd be surprised how long the Mashie is.

My 14* Mashie is every bit as long as the RBZ 3W was that I had and far easier to hit. It is stronger lofted too so that plays a part I'm sure but you'd be surprised how long the Mashie is.

maybe not 17 yards longer, but around 15 hehe
The thing I like about the 14* so far is that I don't find it difficult to hit. Good distance and is a piece of cake to hit.

maybe not 17 yards longer, but around 15 hehe
The thing I like about the 14* so far is that I don't find it difficult to hit. Good distance and is a piece of cake to hit.

which is exactly what you want from a faiway wood IMO. It is a get out of jail club - for me anyway.

JN, if the #8 is the same shape as the Black series #8, get that. I love looking down at that putter. Gives me confidence.

i'm in deep shiesse. i went to dicks at lunch to try out the Ping i20 set of irons. i'm f'ed. iron-lusting in full effect. all my numbers were better than my current set with these and i'm on the hunt for a set now...darn you lunch breaks!

It really does feel like a milled face. Stopped in to drop my Classic off to get reshafted, and saw them. Had to give them a roll.

Got the blue this morning? Let me know how it works out for ya.

I'm such a headcase when it comes to equipment. When I was fitted into my R11 with Fubuki alpha, it was a killer combo for a while. It started to go south, and I got it stuck in my head that it wasn't forgiving enough. I went out looking for answers, and ended up ordering a G20.

When the G20 came in, I straight up MURDERED the ball for a few weeks. LONG straight drives... then it went south, way south. Lately I've been back to aiming into the woods on the left, hoping my slice would stop before it got to the woods on the right. On a whim I pulled out the R11 and WOW. I was hitting big high bombs. Carrying the ball farther than I ever have, and it was straight, with a draw being my miss.

I have no doubt both drivers are just fine for my game, its just all mental.

i'm in deep shiesse. i went to dicks at lunch to try out the Ping i20 set of irons. i'm f'ed. iron-lusting in full effect. all my numbers were better than my current set with these and i'm on the hunt for a set now...darn you lunch breaks!

Yet another one get's bitten by the i20's. It doesn't let up, does it?

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I'm pondering Metal X's.

I can understand that! The Metal X and Black Series are the two smoothest feeling Odyssey putters I've rolled.

I was on with my Black Series today. If the Metal X is better, I need one lol.

I was on with my Black Series today. If the Metal X is better, I need one lol.

I'd call it a tie, actually, in terms of feel...Black Series is milled, Metal X has an insert that feels like you're hitting a milled putter. But if it were me, I'd go Metal X purely because it has an alignment line on the back of the #8 where I don't think the Black Series has one.

I'm pondering Metal X's.

Dude, they rock. I reckon I might get one for my collection/hoard. Every time i'm in the shop, I roll them. I'm such a sucker for an insert.

Dude, they rock. I reckon I might get one for my collection/hoard. Every time i'm in the shop, I roll them. I'm such a sucker for an insert.

It's a money insert.

Get that #7. It looks and feels so much better than the old 7. I like the top line so much better.

I agree dude. I almost oem'ed that #7 last time I was in GG.

Get that #7. It looks and feels so much better than the old 7. I like the top line so much better.

Have you seen them local? I've only seen a few in golfsmith and no 7s

I agree dude. I almost oem'ed that #7 last time I was in GG.

I was heartbroken to find that the only lefty Metal X putters at my Golfsmith were the #1, #8, and #9. I wanted to roll that #7 so badly...

I don't need a putter right now. I'm getting my milled on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back