Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm, might be a little low on the loft for me, but IF you do feel free to shoot me a PM.

It will be a couple weeks before I make up my mind. Fooling around with a RAZR Fit right now.

Here's a question for my more knowledgeable shaft buddies out there, having just played with a set of blade irons with DG S300 shafts, what is the diference in ball flight I could expect with KBS tours in them?

CB you would see a much higher ballflight

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

CB you would see a much higher ballflight

Thanks buddy, the ball flight I was getting with them was good, but I would want it a touch higher so it basically confirms my shaft optimizer conclusions.

Thanks buddy, the ball flight I was getting with them was good, but I would want it a touch higher so it basically confirms my shaft optimizer conclusions.

What's funny is that when I get on the Vector, I hit the S300's higher than the KBS Tours and the PX's. Average shot height of 34 yards with the S300's, 32 yards with the KBS Tours, and 30.5 yards with the PX's.

I thin it just depends on the person man. If you liked what you were seeing on the course with the 300's, don't discount them bro.

What's funny is that when I get on the Vector, I hit the S300's higher than the KBS Tours and the PX's. Average shot height of 34 yards with the S300's, 32 yards with the KBS Tours, and 30.5 yards with the PX's.

I thin it just depends on the person man. If you liked what you were seeing on the course with the 300's, don't discount them bro.
You are a confusing fellow TC, I wish I could try a set with some Flighted PX 5.5's in them, and some KBS Tours and have a shootout.

You are a confusing fellow TC, I wish I could try a set with some Flighted PX 5.5's in them, and some KBS Tours and have a shootout.

Man, I'm just telling you what I see. No one around you has a Mizuno fitting cart? or any type of fitting cart?

Man, I'm just telling you what I see. No one around you has a Mizuno fitting cart? or any type of fitting cart?
Yep, about a month ago I did it and the KBS Tours had the best ball flight on the monitor, but there isn't anywhere around here that you can get on a fiting cart outside without paying for a fitting.
I'm not too concerned about it, even with X700's hard stepped I could beat cookie.

Yep, about a month ago I did it and the KBS Tours had the best ball flight on the monitor, but there isn't anywhere around here that you can get on a fiting cart outside without paying for a fitting.
I'm not too concerned about it, even with X700's hard stepped I could beat cookie.

Well, I did all my shaft fitting indoors. You should get a head like the MP 53, hit the S300 vs. the PX vs. the KBS and get you some averages homey.

What are some light hybrid shafts out there? I have the PX 6.0 which is listed at 92 grams, and I just hate how heavy it is. I want my hybrid to feel more like a FW I think.

Well, I did all my shaft fitting indoors. You should get a head like the MP 53, hit the S300 vs. the PX vs. the KBS and get you some averages homey.
I did do that and the KBS Tour was the winner, I just want to hit them all outside.

I did do that and the KBS Tour was the winner, I just want to hit them all outside.

ah, gotcha. You liked that penetrating, lower flight of the 300's bro?

Pondering a 3w.. any ideas?

ah, gotcha. You liked that penetrating, lower flight of the 300's bro?
It was good and certainly added some distance, but our greens are getting hard and fast and I need a higher ball flight to hold the greens better. They also feel.....not great.

It was good and certainly added some distance, but our greens are getting hard and fast and I need a higher ball flight to hold the greens better. They also feel.....not great.

Haha perfect description of the S300's

A hybrid. This Mashie is a hooking SOB and it gets me in trouble.

Pondering a new 60* wedge, any suggestions? I really liked the ATV that I tried out today because I tend to do lots of fancy shots anything from flop (i'm really good at the flop shot !!) to chip and pitch shots and my course has some nasty deep rough and the ATV seems good to me because of the different relative bounce and grinds that are built in to one wedge so i'm leaning to this one or a new vokey since I currently have an old vokey spin milled. Any other suggestions you all may have on a great 60* wedge for various shots?

Irons, just not feeling the JPX Pro's. Ping homer, eliteist or R11's...

Pondering a new 60* wedge, any suggestions? I really liked the ATV that I tried out today because I tend to do lots of fancy shots anything from flop (i'm really good at the flop shot !!) to chip and pitch shots and my course has some nasty deep rough and the ATV seems good to me because of the different relative bounce and grinds that are built in to one wedge so i'm leaning to this one or a new vokey since I currently have an old vokey spin milled. Any other suggestions you all may have on a great 60* wedge for various shots?

Haven't tried the ATV but I saw it yesterday and it looks a billion times better in person than in pictures. The Vokey SM4's are great and I'd say the Cleveland 588's are probably about equal.

I saw the ATV wedge this weekend and thought it was just as ugly in person as in pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back