Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently selling my ironset, Taylormade RAC LT. Pondering upgrading to something newer. Definitely thinking of the TM R9's or ADAMS CB2, A4 or A7'S. ive been real happy with the feel of the ADAMS everytime i demo or try a set at the GS. Havent hit the R9's. Hopefully ill be able to pull the trigger on one of these today.

My comfort zone is definitely with the KBS. Their online fitting tool recommended me a couple options to try out. My spin numbers are not high with the R flex, but my launch is way up there. Why do you say KBS is better than DG? I don't really have experience with the DG to have any point of reference.

I think KBS makes a very good shaft and any time Ive ever hit one or the other I feel like KBS is far and away superior in feel. I have hit numerous demo clubs with DG and have never been overly impressed with any of them. Im sure I could get all dialed in and find one eventually though. You know how it goes though, everyone has opinions and experiences that very, like your mileage. Just from seeing and golfing with you I feel like the KBS 90 would suit you well and go stiff to control the launch a bit.

I'll definitely take a look at them when it comes time. If my instructor can't fit me, I think I'll head to a GolfTec in the Chicago area here in a month or so.

Would like to pick up a 33" Scotty Cameron 2.6..

Rolled a friends at the course the other day and enjoyed it. I had never rolled a center shafted putter before and liked it.

Would like to pick up a 33" Scotty Cameron 2.6..

Rolled a friends at the course the other day and enjoyed it. I had never rolled a center shafted putter before and liked it.

I haven't rolled that SCAMeron. I have rolled Seemore's that are very much like it. I always enjoyed that alignment aide.

I haven't rolled that SCAMeron. I have rolled Seemore's that are very much like it. I always enjoyed that alignment aide.

I see what you did there.

I like it.

My comfort zone is definitely with the KBS. Their online fitting tool recommended me a couple options to try out. My spin numbers are not high with the R flex, but my launch is way up there. Why do you say KBS is better than DG? I don't really have experience with the DG to have any point of reference.

IMO KBS just feels a little smoother for me Hawk. But the Tours do launch pretty high. Have you tried the C Tapers? My experience with DG has been that the regular S300's are a mid launch. I like the DG just fine in terms of feel. Just feel like the KBS is smoother.

IMO KBS just feels a little smoother for me Hawk. But the Tours do launch pretty high. Have you tried the C Tapers? My experience with DG has been that the regular S300's are a mid launch. I like the DG just fine in terms of feel. Just feel like the KBS is smoother.

KBS website recommended Tour in S+ and Tapers in S as a second option. To be honest, I'd be scared to go with either without trying them. I've had a little annoying dialogue in my head for a few days now.

KBS website recommended Tour in S+ and Tapers in S as a second option. To be honest, I'd be scared to go with either without trying them. I've had a little annoying dialogue in my head for a few days now.

S+ would bring the flight down a little in the Tours. I think you will like that dude. Is there no place for you to try some CTapers?

S+ would bring the flight down a little in the Tours. I think you will like that dude. Is there no place for you to try some CTapers?

Not around here. There are GolfTec's within 2-3 hours and I think I may end up doing a shaft fitting with them. Only concern is we could be asked to choose any time and I'm not going to be able to get it done for a little while.

FLTC has put some time in with the CTaps. Maybe he can shed some light. IMO I would go with the Tours as I don't mind the higher flight. I need a little more spin than the CTaps provide. Tours are perfect for me. If I had a club with a CTap in I would send it your way but I don't

I'm honestly not considering them at all. If I got fit for them I'd change my mind, but I like the Tours. I'm really curious what difference I'll see with a stiffer iron shaft. I know the generalities, but I'm mostly interested to see what the numbers look like.

Maybe a new driver this year> I am still hitting the Bridgestone J33 R460 Driver. If I can find one I hit better than this it may be time to switch.

I'm honestly not considering them at all. If I got fit for them I'd change my mind, but I like the Tours. I'm really curious what difference I'll see with a stiffer iron shaft. I know the generalities, but I'm mostly interested to see what the numbers look like.

Hawk, forgive me for skimming, but what shafts do you have in your current iron set? I'm a fan of KBS Tour shafts, but I have also played Dynamic Gold in the past. For me, KBS feels slightly smoother and I can get a higher ballflight compared to the Dynamic Gold shafts.

If you wanted an easy test, just go to a golf shop and look for irons that have either KBS Tour or Dynamic Gold as the stock shafts in them, and hit them to see how they feel. Obviously, it won't be apples-to-apples because the clubheads are different, but it could help you in the pondering process. I did that recently when I was looking to test the feel of Project X Flighted, but I only found 1 set in the golf shop that had those as the stock shaft.

I have the KBS Tour R Flex. I'm going to see if my instructor has some clubs with the DG's in them. The True Temper fitting tool puts me into a PX, but again, never tried them.

Hawk, if you ever feel the urge to get really adventurous to explore it I've got a spare set of DG S300's in the closet I'd be happy to shoot your way.

Oh yeah, pondering....still the J40 445. Sheesh.

Hawk, if you ever feel the urge to get really adventurous to explore it I've got a spare set of DG S300's in the closet I'd be happy to shoot your way.

I will keep that in mind!

In a perfect world, I'd find something a little lower launching, similar spin, and a little tighter dispersion.

I have the KBS Tour R Flex. I'm going to see if my instructor has some clubs with the DG's in them. The True Temper fitting tool puts me into a PX, but again, never tried them.

I realize this is a slight leap of faith, but if you're hitting your 6-iron 170+ like you did in that video you recently posted, you could probably go up in flex. That's about my 6-iron distance, give or take a few yards, and I'd solidly in the KBS Tour stiff flex right now. I'm not sure that I could pull off the S+ flex like you talked about though.

I will keep that in mind!

In a perfect world, I'd find something a little lower launching, similar spin, and a little tighter dispersion.

S300's would do that, but you would def find them not as "smooth" feeling as the KBS Tours. I played them for so long because they gave me more feel than a PX but a lower flight than the KBS Tours. Luckil I've since found the C-Tapers, best of all worlds for me.

Seriously though, I've got a set of .370's and a set of .355TT's in the closet if you ever get the itch, no worries.

Thanks again, Jman. I'll see what I can find here and definitely let you know.

Hawk if you go with the 588's I think you should consider the KBS Tour 90:

Stiff102g.355" taper.600"discrete2.352%mid-highn/aChrome

Not sure a 125+ gram shaft would be best with those irons.

I ponder some 588 CB's with KBS Tour S+ for Hawk. 5-PW

Hawk if you go with the 588's I think you should consider the KBS Tour 90:

Stiff
102g
.355" taper
.600"
discrete
52%
mid-high
n/a
Chrome

Not sure a 125+ gram shaft would be best with those irons.

Another one I haven't tried. Jeez, I need to broaden my iron shaft horizons.

Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully I can just get fit. I do think I'm under-shafted right now, hence the pondering.

Oh yeah, pondering....still the J40 445. Sheesh.

Cant get that one off of my mind either. Just got a text from someone that just hit the J40 3W....it is a bomber!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back