Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. I just don't really care for the feel from the S300's.

I don't either dude. KBS is worlds better to me in terms of feel.

agreed. there's just something about the feel of the KBS's that sets them apart

I don't either dude. KBS is worlds better to me in terms of feel.

Ok so you are talking about Hawk in general. Understandable

Yeah what KMac the Master Fitter of Irons would put Hawk in so he could own fools at the MC.

Hawk. Remember, some of these guys and I say SOME FLTC, are on the other team. Just sayin...

"Hawk, yeah those 295gram shafts would be PERFECT for you bro, yeah I can see you in those all day long broski" when in reality your arms will fall off after swinging those heavy shafts for 30 hours on the range and 10 rounds of golf in 2 days. :bulgy-eyes:

Yeah what KMac the Master Fitter of Irons would put Hawk in so he could own fools at the MC.

Hawk. Remember, some of these guys and I say SOME FLTC, are on the other team. Just sayin...

"Hawk, yeah those 295gram shafts would be PERFECT for you bro, yeah I can see you in those all day long broski" when in reality your arms will fall off after swinging those heavy shafts for 30 hours on the range and 10 rounds of golf in 2 days. :bulgy-eyes:

I think he should get Nunchuk shafts in all his woods and hybrids too

I think he should get Nunchuk shafts in all his woods and hybrids too

See this your honor. Example A. Shovel Brother trying to lead the OG Hawk astray.

I am pondering the feel of the PX black shafts that are coming in my J40 swag. Also, I am pondering the wedges and how awesome they are going to be. I am digging the spinners in my wedges currently and I am generating some massive spin. Still have to get used to them because it seems to have brought down the flight a pretty good bit.

I am pondering the feel of the PX black shafts that are coming in my J40 swag. Also, I am pondering the wedges and how awesome they are going to be. I am digging the spinners in my wedges currently and I am generating some massive spin. Still have to get used to them because it seems to have brought down the flight a pretty good bit.

You already positive that you are requesting the PX black in your J40 woods?

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Thought you'd like the spin off of them Seth! They really do work.

I hear ya on the trajectory though, it takes a while to get used to.

You already positive that you are requesting the PX black in your J40 woods?

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I had GG put it in my spreadsheet. I like low launch, low spinning shafts and this should be what I need to have my back spin be around 2500-2700 with a launch of 13º. Same stability as the PX blue in a lighter weight. Gotta love it.

Thought you'd like the spin off of them Seth! They really do work.

I hear ya on the trajectory though, it takes a while to get used to.

I backed one up about 15 feet Saturday I believe. I had another little low hop and stop that gave me about 2 feet to the hole. It was awesome because I actually hit it a bit further than I intended, but the spin really helped me on that shot.

I had GG put it in my spreadsheet. I like low launch, low spinning shafts and this should be what I need to have my back spin be around 2500-2700 with a launch of 13º. Same stability as the PX blue in a lighter weight. Gotta love it.

Cool, makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

Just debating if I want lighter weight or not. Not enough experience to know for sure in all honesty.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

His dispersion would be fantastic though...

I will keep that in mind!

In a perfect world, I'd find something a little lower launching, similar spin, and a little tighter dispersion.

Greetings,
Long time, no chat. Family deaths will do that I guess. Any hoo, since you have access to a custom shop see if you can ask your guy about Novatech shafts. They're also a Kim Braly shaft and certain lines of the shafts are very KBS like. The BTR series for example is essentially a KBS Tour with a lower launch with very similair spin and launch. The website is pretty ghetto (http://www.novatechshafts.com/) but the shafts are excellent and quite well priced (I think I was $15CAD a shaft before install/grip).
The only annoying bit is you usually have to order them through someone that has a KZG account which sometimes can be tough to find.

ST coming out of nowhere to drop some knowledge!!

I hit the Launcher SL290 tonight with a stiff shaft. If the Classic is ANYWHERE near this driver I'll be buying one. Was smashing it. 106-108 average SS ball speed was around 150. 9.6* launch, was killing it. The few I really got a hold of my SS was up over 110, balls started to draw and fade some, may would look at a X shaft.

I put in an offer for the Superfast driver I've been using the last few rounds.

I'm going to buy a purple THP Sligo shirt when I get to my computer, and I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a white one too. I just don't know.

Thought the winter would slow my pondering down. Not so!

Thought the winter would slow my pondering down. Not so!

Heck no, its traditionally THE worst time for me. When I'm not playing I start pondering, when I'm playing I'm usually quite satisfied unless something just doesn't fit.

I am really pondering the 588 cb's. If they live up to what JB has been saying, they are exactly what I am looking for. I am fortunate to be able to hit them later this week, and may be even more in full ponder are that.

Agree on the 588's. I love their classic look as well.

Tappin' using my Galaxy Tab

Pondering some THP Pure Grips on my Bridgestone J40 DPCs...

Pondering some THP Pure Grips on my Bridgestone J40 DPCs...

Nice ponder. I will be ordering some as soon as I know the 588 CB's are on the way.

Pondering supporting Bridgestone some more.

I'm sick on top of it, so that makes the trigger finger more itchy so I can buy something to make myself feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back