Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gamed one in the past for a few rounds, and liked it for certain things. It's just a matter of me finding one that i want.

I vote Tour Trusty. But I'm very biased now.

On the bold, I agree. And that is my key with having it in the bag, if it becomes a crutch, then its going away. But for CERTAIN things, its incredibly useful for me.

What type of things? I guess I struggle to see the value of a club that I probably wouldn't hit full shots with at all.

What type of things? I guess I struggle to see the value of a club that I probably wouldn't hit full shots with at all.
Sand shots. Green side shots to carry all the way to the hole. Short sided shots. Full swings too.

Carrying only 13 clubs has me with an open spot, why not add it?

Oh sure, get selected for testing and now you are a Ping homer :)

I like my G20 3W. The G25 felt very very similar to me but was maybe 5 yards longer. I haven't hit the other lines.

Frank I just fruity and like things to match lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sand shots. Green side shots to carry all the way to the hole. Short sided shots. Full swings too.

Carrying only 13 clubs has me with an open spot, why not add it?

I can see it for short-sided shots, but not much else. My 58 degree wedge is an 80 yard club, I'm guessing a 62 or 64 would be 50-60 yards, I don't have those shots very often. I could see it for sand shots if you don't want to open the face, but that's not me.

What's the distance gap you're seeing between the F5 and the 4-iron?

I get a LOT of hardpan greenside here as was as short side uphill greenside shots.

I think its awesome that so many say to just open up the 58, that's great, I'd rather play a shot where I don't have to open it up because that's my personal preference. Also, I didn't get it for full shots, if I start trying full shots with it then it goes away.

I get a LOT of hardpan greenside here as was as short side uphill greenside shots.

I think its awesome that so many say to just open up the 58, that's great, I'd rather play a shot where I don't have to open it up because that's my personal preference. Also, I didn't get it for full shots, if I start trying full shots with it then it goes away.

Forgot about the turf condition aspect of things. Up here, the turf is usually pretty soft so opening a wedge up and adding bounce isn't a bad thing. Maybe that's why I don't like the turf when I play in Texas. ;-)

I can see it for short-sided shots, but not much else. My 58 degree wedge is an 80 yard club, I'm guessing a 62 or 64 would be 50-60 yards, I don't have those shots very often. I could see it for sand shots if you don't want to open the face, but that's not me.

What's the distance gap you're seeing between the F5 and the 4-iron?
Distance gap is minimal, actually, with the 4i being 20*

F5 typically is around 220 for me, 4i is getting me 205 off the deck and a bit more off the tee

X Hot 3 Pro 3 wood. My swing is not getting along with the 3deep right now.

Hit about 50 balls tonight choked up on my driver 1.25" with pretty good results. I hit about half the fairways right now but wondering if I can increase that by taking the shaft from 46 to 45 while having a new grip put on next week.

Man.... I'm always pondering new clubs. I would love to try a set of irons that is a little more GI I guess. I love the J40 cb but they may be a stretch for me, not always as forgiving as I would like. I have my eyes on the JPX 825, RB tour, and the XHP from Callaway.

A change up for #wpf. Going with the Cleveland Smart Sole 58° SW today for my ponder.

For my #WPF, I am going back to what started it all; Nike Wedges.

My #wpf would have to be the new Tour Trustys in that awesome black finish.

A change up for #wpf. Going with the Cleveland Smart Sole 58° SW today for my ponder.

I had a minor ponder of this just a few hours ago

Pondering is running wild on 2 slots in the bag. I want to replace my 913F and 913H with clubs that are easier to hit. Regular X-hot 3 and 5 wood could do the trick or maybe the new Bafflers? I love the Cobra heads but I'm hoping I won't have to replace the stock shafts on whatever I buy.

The standard #WPF...

Also, pondering an Adams Super DHY to replace the 3 hybrid.

Pondering is running wild on 2 slots in the bag. I want to replace my 913F and 913H with clubs that are easier to hit. Regular X-hot 3 and 5 wood could do the trick or maybe the new Bafflers? I love the Cobra heads but I'm hoping I won't have to replace the stock shafts on whatever I buy.

I fully support any and all XHot ponders haha. Since you play a hybrid at 19* I'd encourage you to put the XHot 3h in there instead though - would take some getting used to if you put a 5W in there with the bigger head/longer shaft.

I have no equipment ponders right now, cause I acted on 3 of them in the past 3 weeks haha. I am pondering a 5 lesson series at an indoor place near me for over the winter though - 5 1 hr lessons for $300 is a pretty good deal?? I could really do with getting rid of this missing short and right thing, and maybe pick up a little clubhead speed if I'm not swinging as efficiently as I think I am (hint - I'm probably not!).

SLDR, SLDR, SLDR. That driver was amazing for me. It is time for me to find someone who wants to get rid of theirs.

SLDR, SLDR, SLDR. That driver was amazing for me. It is time for me to find someone who wants to get rid of theirs.

Considering what we've been hearing in the review thread, good luck with that one haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back