Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hit a few putts with the Odyssey Jailbird and while I prefer blades that's a nice looking mallet. Pretty good roll too.

I am pondering a more forgiving 5 and 6 iron. My first thought is Apex, as I have hit those extremely well the last few times at the shop, but $275 for two irons is a bit steep. However, I like that the Apex are forged, because it means I can more easily get them bent to fit my gapping. Anybody have any other suggestions? Clubs that come to mind are Adams CB3 (would match my other irons nicely), Cleveland 588MT...

I'm definitely not counting the Apex out, but a lower cost alternative would be nice.

Pondering an XHot or X2 Hot 3W. Found a good deal on a demo XHot 5w, and I'd like to round out the top of the bag.

Pondering this bag. Love this color combo the problem is being in NC State,Duke, UNC country everyone will automatically think I am for UNC which is not the case at all. The bag would lead to a lot of ribbing from my playing partners

sun-mountain-four-5-golf-bag-2014-20.gif

Pondering the top of my bag. Long irons, hybrids, FW's, or some combination thereof. Thinking about 2 and 3 hybo taking place of 4 and 5W. The Adams XTD Ti, SLDR, Anser, Fli Hi, G25, and X2Hot are all on the table. I need more time with my 3 and 4i to figure out the rest. Just not sure if I use the FWs enough to justify a spot in the bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't ponder anything until I can get outside to play golf. Playing indoors is really screwing with my swing and I am not happy.

I need to get out and play some dang golf!

Pondering an XHot or X2 Hot 3W. Found a good deal on a demo XHot 5w, and I'd like to round out the top of the bag.

The X2Hot FWs are very nice, but I suspect you can get a really nice price on an XHot right now.

I can't ponder anything until I can get outside to play golf. Playing indoors is really screwing with my swing and I am not happy.

I need to get out and play some dang golf!

I am always worse when I am inside. The winter is hit or miss if I can play here and the weeks that I cant I always ponder all week and usually end up with something new even if I dont need it

I am always worse when I am inside. The winter is hit or miss if I can play here and the weeks that I cant I always ponder all week and usually end up with something new even if I dont need it

Haha. I know how you feel, but I can't even think about going outside to play. I guess I can ponder putters? I have too many of those anyways.

Well, the store had 5 customers in it, 3 salespeople. The 3 salespeople sat in a group and talked about parties and when their birthdays were, and ignored all the customers. There were no Bio Cell+, and when I wanted to hit Bertha and Alpha, my request was rejected. Not at all happy.

Don't hesitate to talk to the local manager or go beyond that and complain. GolfTown is becoming a joke nationwide it seems. They view customers who want to try things before they buy as "non-serious" and a waste of time and they act like taping up a driver head or handing you a demo is way beyond their job description.
I've learned who the really good guys are at the locations near me and I won't deal with anyone else now.

The X2Hot FWs are very nice, but I suspect you can get a really nice price on an XHot right now.

Totally. The demo 5w I found is as close to new as you can find. No signs of wear at all. Hoping I can find the 3w.

Seriously thinking about the new X2Hot Hybrids. I currently game a 20* X Hot Pro hybrid and 4 iron. I think I want to replace those with and 18* and 23* Pros.

When ya going lopsta?

My wife and I are heading over in May for 4 nights. Kids are staying with Grandma so it will be nice to not have to worry about them. We have been looking at stuff to do and I have been finding out where all the golf shops are.

#7 Odyssey Tank.

I need one, I think.

#7 Odyssey Tank.

I need one, I think.

I love mine. It shot thr new SeeMore HT to the top of my ponder list in all the same specs

I think you do too. Then I want to come visit and roll it.
If the MXM comes in a tank #7, I will have one the day it is released.

I am pondering a more forgiving 5 and 6 iron. My first thought is Apex, as I have hit those extremely well the last few times at the shop, but $275 for two irons is a bit steep. However, I like that the Apex are forged, because it means I can more easily get them bent to fit my gapping. Anybody have any other suggestions? Clubs that come to mind are Adams CB3 (would match my other irons nicely), Cleveland 588MT...

I'm definitely not counting the Apex out, but a lower cost alternative would be nice.
Mizuno MPH4. Also forged to enable bending. A little on the beefier side to promote help with forgiveness, etc. I have the 3-5 and like them for exactly the reason you are looking. I think I bought all 3 on the bay, including KBS tours, for maybe $225.

My wife and I are heading over in May for 4 nights. Kids are staying with Grandma so it will be nice to not have to worry about them. We have been looking at stuff to do and I have been finding out where all the golf shops are.

Haha. Crafty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back