Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering some new sticks......the Ping i20's perhaps......

Single handedly the best golf investment I have ever made. They are flat out perfect.

Pondering the entire j40 line... beautiful

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I really should not be pondering anything right now, but dang if I'm not pondering a Tour Edge XCG6 driver now. Hitting ArmyGolf's yesterday, it was a rocket launcher. Need to get on a launch monitor with this puppy.

Make sure you reach out to previous Bridgestone staffers. They have been very helpful in providing insight about the product. I still haven't hit all of them yet, but I plan to.

JM

Test drive program will be your guys' best friend! Any questions dude, do t hesitate to ask. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

I really should not be pondering anything right now, but dang if I'm not pondering a Tour Edge XCG6 driver now. Hitting ArmyGolf's yesterday, it was a rocket launcher. Need to get on a launch monitor with this puppy.
I should have just let you take it home with you, don't know why I didn't think of that. It's just quietly collecting dust in my living room...

I should have just let you take it home with you, don't know why I didn't think of that. It's just quietly collecting dust in my living room...

Haha it's all good man, like I said the last thing I need to be doing is messing with something that works for me (the R11S). That being said, I'll have to see if Pro Golf has one in the store next time I'm over there to get some LM numbers, because I can't take my own advice :act-up:

Hmmm, I seem to have a 52 degree vokey in my bag I forgot about. Those X-Cage Vibes keep looking better to me, perhaps a Vokey sell off is in order to raise some funds!

Seriously considering PGA tour academy home edition

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Is it fair to say everything Bridgestone offers? Excited about the J40 line and the new True Balance putters. Been non stop browsing!

I've played a long time with "stiff" shafts, and in the iron section I've found that KBS Tour stiff works for me quite well, and my driver needs to be stiff (or what is comparable to what I've got), but I've started to ponder if my future Morgan Cup 3 wood / 5 wood / Hybrid should be a step softer. I played a round in Spain with super bad rentals, but the 5 wood I had there was regular and it felt awesome...the the ball lifted up in the air like never before and I could hit some really good distances.

I know...get fitted and all...and what ever suits you....but have you guys any experience of "mixed" flexes...do you see any down sides if I played "stiff" everything else, but went a lot softer on the woods?

My driver is at the moment AD-DI 6 S, and 3 wood Fubuki K-series 60.

Swing speed with the driver is about 100 MPH.

Considering something similar as well Castor. When I was swinging the club my very best I still preferred a softer flex than what common knowledge would point me to. I think they work with my tempo better. Tour 90's were my absolute favorite and at that time when I was taking lessons every week or two I was swinging a 7 iron in the high 80's.

I know it's early...way too early, but as the mind starts to ponder, there's no stopping to it. Most likely I WILL NOT go in to this sort of detail with custom lofts, lies etc. but this is what I'm currently looking at, and when we know which equipment we can use and which not, ALL WILL change. But, as a mind game, this is where I start to ponder.

1ftc.png

Considering something similar as well Castor. When I was swinging the club my very best I still preferred a softer flex than what common knowledge would point me to. I think they work with my tempo better. Tour 90's were my absolute favorite and at that time when I was taking lessons every week or two I was swinging a 7 iron in the high 80's.

Love those shafts, so much they may be going into the TM CB's

I've been mulling over going back to them, though what I have in the X2Hots seems to be working fine for me.

lots of different conversations last week at the show about shaft flex and the real effect it has. Opened my eyes a little bit more.

lots of different conversations last week at the show about shaft flex and the real effect it has. Opened my eyes a little bit more.

I so want to hear more.

You and me both. So many misconceptions out there, and when you hear info about it from the sources, it opens eyes.

I so want to hear more.

Suffice to say I'm going to tinker with some R-flex shafts in clubs coming up soon.

I don't see a ton of variation between flexes on the monitor, but I do know what I like to swing.

KBS Tour 90 is definitely an option for me.

Castor has just won the thread.

Best, most inclusive ponder ever.

You and me both. So many misconceptions out there, and when you hear info about it from the sources, it opens eyes.

Suffice to say I'm going to tinker with some R-flex shafts in clubs coming up soon.

When I got home I checked out the hoard. I have a few R Flex clubs in there I am going to try out. Searching for an R Flex driver shaft now too.

I don't see a ton of variation between flexes on the monitor, but I do know what I like to swing.

Talked a LOT about this the past week. With flexes it becomes much more about feel and height and not left/right misses (contrary to the internet golfer belief system :alien: ), I'm curious to find that feel that I like and if if happens to be R-flex, then heck yes I'll rock them.

Talked a LOT about this the past week. With flexes it becomes much more about feel and height and not left/right misses (contrary to the internet golfer belief system :alien: ), I'm curious to find that feel that I like and if if happens to be R-flex, then heck yes I'll rock them.

very interested to hear multiple people talk about the belief that the effect is more up and down rather than left and right.

$_3.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back