Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That upcharge would make me pucker.

Yeah, I saw +60 upcharge and thought, hey that's not so bad... but then I realized it was per club lol.

Both felt awesome. No discernable difference for me after my shaft change in the cf16. Pros feel good though, but a lot more spin and 15 yards shorter was silly for me.

That's wild. Hard to wrap the head around a 'pro' model increasing spin, but your reasoning is sound. Great sampling for those pursuing new Callaway irons for 2016.

Random ponder of a set of 6-AW AP2's. Or 850 forged. Or wait for the next set in that 825/850 line up at most likely the fall of 2016.

Full ponder mode for a set of Apex CF 16s. In fact they may be in a cart right now. :)

Full ponder mode for a set of Apex CF 16s. In fact they may be in a cart right now. :)

Same here... in a cart somewhere whispering in my ear "it's only money, buy me now, come on, we'll have fun together..."

Same here... in a cart somewhere whispering in my ear "it's only money, buy me now, come on, we'll have fun together..."

Pull the trigger guys, so I can live vicariously through you :drinks:

Pull the trigger guys, so I can live vicariously through you :drinks:
Haha. My wife would be so far up my you know what it wouldn't be funny! I have the green light in the spring just not right now.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Johns 815 head toss in my whiteboard 3wd shaft could be fun. Not sure I need to be tinkering right now though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that was Apex though, not Apex Pro? I bet there's a decent difference between the two.

You are correct, just discussed the CF with wardy. I'll be switching the cart when I get home.

So I guess I'll join the Un-official Official Apex CF16 pondering thread.....
Wonder how many THP'ers will have a WITB with these in the spring....:alien:

So I guess I'll join the Un-official Official Apex CF16 pondering thread.....
Wonder how many THP'ers will have a WITB with these in the spring....:alien:

One THP'er would be me! :)

Add me to the Callaway bandwagon. The results everyone got with the CF16s are just silly.

I am pondering the apex hybrid.

Need to rebuild 80% of my bag. Thinking of a hybrid. Maybe apex? Maybe 916h. Maybe something else. Don't need a ton of distance but forgiveness is a plus

Winter overhaul for me will likely include GBB driver, Heavenwood, and Apex 5 hybrid. Also looking at wedges but have had a hard time finding anything better than what I have in the bag.

Apex hybos are amazing.

Need to rebuild 80% of my bag. Thinking of a hybrid. Maybe apex? Maybe 916h. Maybe something else. Don't need a ton of distance but forgiveness is a plus

If current things are in the mix, it's hard to beat the Apex's if you're looking more for launch/forgiveness more so than distance. There are longer hybrids on the market, but the Apex's perform wonderfully.

If current things are in the mix, it's hard to beat the Apex's if you're looking more for launch/forgiveness more so than distance. There are longer hybrids on the market, but the Apex's perform wonderfully.

There are certainly more forgiving options, but they fall almost right in line with their iron replacement. I got the 4H shortened a bit and it is about a 15 yard gap from my 5i which is exactly what I was looking for. Doesn't hurt that it sounds and feels amazing as well

There are certainly more forgiving options, but they fall almost right in line with their iron replacement. I got the 4H shortened a bit and it is about a 15 yard gap from my 5i which is exactly what I was looking for. Doesn't hurt that it sounds and feels amazing as well

Maybe I just happen to have a good swing going when I go in then...because every time I test them out in store they are right online nearly every time. Seem plenty forgiving to me haha. I certainly haven't hit what I would say is anything noticeably more forgiving in my time with hybrids. For iron replacements like you said, they are easily one of the best if not the best right now.

And stupid versatile. First hybo I've been able to comfortably hit from fairway bunkers.

And stupid versatile. First hybo I've been able to comfortably hit from fairway bunkers.

I hit one from there as well. Also hit a perfect heavenwood from some pretty nasty rough. The new stuff is silly good. Cannot wait to play them more and start posting some reviews

I really want a larger mallet putter. I need to go try out the Works Cruisers.

9613ee183c450f63abe4756b9d26a0a4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back