Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna put the TM Tour Preferred MCs back in the bag for my next round. I know they're less forgiving than the DPCs, but I think something's off. I need to get fit as I bought the DPCs used and make the adjustments, but I played much better golf with the MCs in the bag. It's probably just in my head, but I want to see if I'm right.

Given that this game relies a lot on our mental fortitude, I can see running with the MCs until you can get comfortable with the DPC setup. Completely understandable.

I'm pondering stand bags. The Ogio Wood system looks perfect, but their colors and patterns are a bit goofy.

Yep, would be the perfect bag.

I mean, seriously... Someone has to have given Ogio feedback on their designs, and what might sell better. Maybe I'm assuming too much?

So my club build has been put on hold temporarily while I save up some money for the shafts & supplies. Until then I'm pondering ferrules. Grips will be red & blue UTx, with the Speedblade heads. Any recommendations on where I can find some options? Currently pondering blue or blue with a stripe in it somewhere.

j40/i25/bio cell driver shootout. Seeing if the forgiveness of the bio cell can trump the anticipated distance gains from the low spin options.

have been thinking of the SM three 5 but am intrigued by the Nexus stand bag.

have been thinking of the SM three 5 but am intrigued by the Nexus stand bag.

I have no experience with the nexus, but the three 5 is a great bag

I am reaaly looking forward to April and trying out the J815...really pondering this and some Callaway driver goodness.

BB 815 3W in either 14* or 16* (while I like the V Series FW a lot I'm just not 100% sure yet)

Cleveland Black.

Piretti putters right now...again haha

seconded.

I am reaaly looking forward to April and trying out the J815...really pondering this and some Callaway driver goodness.

thanks...this is the way I'm leaning but the stand on the nexus it was intrigues me. My bag is either on a pull cart or riding cart so the nexus stand is more for when I'm at the range. But I was looking at the three 5 at GG the other day and it's solid.

thanks...this is the way I'm leaning but the stand on the nexus it was intrigues me. My bag is either on a pull cart or riding cart so the nexus stand is more for when I'm at the range. But I was looking at the three 5 at GG the other day and it's solid.
The new three5 does has straps for the legs for when it's on a cart, though it doesn't stand vertically on its own too well (not that I've ever had a need to do that)

Lots of Nike. Vapor Pro Driver. Flex 5wood and 3hybo. Mmmm

Lots of Nike. Vapor Pro Driver. Flex 5wood and 3hybo. Mmmm

Dude the volt is growing on me from a looks standpoint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude the volt is growing on me from a looks standpoint

I gotta be honest at first I hated it. I thought it was so gimmicky, but it has grown on me a lot. The hyrbid felt SO good. I only got to hit the 3 wood, which I've never really gotten along with 3 woods probably a mental thing but even the driver felt great too. I'm serious ponder mode on them. I'd compare the hybo to the 915H all day long.

I gotta be honest at first I hated it. I thought it was so gimmicky, but it has grown on me a lot. The hyrbid felt SO good. I only got to hit the 3 wood, which I've never really gotten along with 3 woods probably a mental thing but even the driver felt great too. I'm serious ponder mode on them. I'd compare the hybo to the 915H all day long.

I haven't hit them- but bingo on the color. I felt the exact same way. Now I like it. I have running shoes with it haha

Putters!

Wilson Staff South Side
Scotty Cameron X5
tpluff's Tank Cruiser #7

I need a second job

The new three5 does has straps for the legs for when it's on a cart, though it doesn't stand vertically on its own too well (not that I've ever had a need to do that)

The one I saw had elastic band for each leg. Is there a strap or two separated bands

The one I saw had elastic band for each leg. Is there a strap or two separated bands
Yes sorry, that's what I was referring too. They work well. I slipped them on when I was storing the bag in my guest room and couldn't figure out why the stand wouldn't deploy when I went to use it.

Yes sorry, that's what I was referring too. They work well. I slipped them on when I was storing the bag in my guest room and couldn't figure out why the stand wouldn't deploy when I went to use it.

cool. It fooled me when I was messing with the bag in the store too.

Thinking I want to put a 7W in the bag, which means I need to pair it with a 4W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back