Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are practically giving the Bio Cell away online. What shaft are you looking to put in it?

Not sure. Looking at a white tie, ad-di 6sr(between reg and stiff), and kiyoshi purple. There are deals on all of them online. I had a beat on a head last night on ebay but literally in the last 10 sec someone stole it out from under me.

Not sure. Looking at a white tie, ad-di 6sr(between reg and stiff), and kiyoshi purple. There are deals on all of them online. I had a beat on a head last night on ebay but literally in the last 10 sec someone stole it out from under me.
You launch the ball pretty good, what about the red tie? It's the stock shaft in the bio cell + . Will spin a but less than the white tie

You launch the ball pretty good, what about the red tie? It's the stock shaft in the bio cell + . Will spin a but less than the white tie

I don't like the feel of the red tie its a little boardy to me. Frankly I like my NV 65 so I may just buy one of those.

After about an hour at Golfsmith this afternoon, I solidified two ponders:

Odyssey Works.............1 Wide (surprised at this one).

XR Pro irons (holy moly was I right when I hit them in California).

Thank you, Paddy, for the great win and furthering my :wilsonstaff: ponders...

Infinite South Side Putter, Duo Spin, D200 driver/fairway, V4 irons, and red Nexus stand bag.

Pondering a high degree hybrid and having three hybrids in the bag this year. This year is all about forgiveness for me. Idk how long the srixons will last.

A Bassara Eagle shaft to put into my Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy 7 Wood. Most likely will need to find it on eBay pulled from a Tight Lies fairway.

After about an hour at Golfsmith this afternoon, I solidified two ponders:

Odyssey Works.............1 Wide (surprised at this one).

XR Pro irons (holy moly was I right when I hit them in California).

sweet. i was too and picked this up in counter balance last week.

sweet. i was too and picked this up in counter balance last week.
I'm rolling the Metal X Milled Versa #7 really well, and I like that head shape, but there is just something off with that headshape with the Works for me. I know I'm nuts, but the 1 Wide seemed to frame and roll the ball just a little better for me.

Went to GG this afternoon to hit a bunch of stuff. I'm finally starting to get excited for this season and a bunch of things just went on the ponder radar. But I want to wait until I can hit outside before deciding on anything. Still though, the following really wowed me.

XR hybrid and 3w
Apex with 680 F4 Recoils
Titleist 714 AP1 irons, but with Adila Proto 75R shafts. These were in the used clubs section and are baffling to me, as the Adila's aren't offered for 714's, only the 712's. It was a nice combo though.
Alpha 815. I was hitting the 9.5 degree and getting very good distance, so am wondering what would happen with more loft.

Out of that stuff, I can see getting the XR clubs, as I have had every Callaway X model through the years and see myself gravitating towards it. My love of the Apexes doesn't seem to fade, so it may be time to pull the trigger on those as well.

I'm rolling the Metal X Milled Versa #7 really well, and I like that head shape, but there is just something off with that headshape with the Works for me. I know I'm nuts, but the 1 Wide seemed to frame and roll the ball just a little better for me.

thats awesome to hear. i was content with my FGP and my putter ponder was a z3c(long way away from buying that one). I was messing around with my fitter after my lesson last week and he wanted to show me the new callaway putters and how he went ss grip on most of them and asked my opinion then we started rolling a couple and he handed me the 1w cb and it felt great. wasn't in the market for putters so we went back up front and were talking drivers with my instructor and shooting the breeze in general. i went back to the putting area again and started rolling more putts and decided i had to have it. it just felt good and setup really nice to my eye.

That tour edge hybrid at rock bottom for 18 bucks. Figure easy way to try a hybrid and not be mad if its not for me.

Gonna put the TM Tour Preferred MCs back in the bag for my next round. I know they're less forgiving than the DPCs, but I think something's off. I need to get fit as I bought the DPCs used and make the adjustments, but I played much better golf with the MCs in the bag. It's probably just in my head, but I want to see if I'm right.

thats awesome to hear. i was content with my FGP and my putter ponder was a z3c(long way away from buying that one). I was messing around with my fitter after my lesson last week and he wanted to show me the new callaway putters and how he went ss grip on most of them and asked my opinion then we started rolling a couple and he handed me the 1w cb and it felt great. wasn't in the market for putters so we went back up front and were talking drivers with my instructor and shooting the breeze in general. i went back to the putting area again and started rolling more putts and decided i had to have it. it just felt good and setup really nice to my eye.
I really wanted to roll a Tank version of the Works today, but my GG stinks, and they only had 2: a 38" 2-ball Fang (anchored to my chin); and a left-handed 35" 2-ball Fang (I was 1 of 3 from about 10 feet--ha).

I'm pondering stand bags. The Ogio Wood system looks perfect, but their colors and patterns are a bit goofy.

I'm pondering stand bags. The Ogio Wood system looks perfect, but their colors and patterns are a bit goofy.

yeah thats a recurrent topic, we all wish for the woode top on a bag that looks like a sun mountain

yeah thats a recurrent topic, we all wish for the woode top on a bag that looks like a sun mountain
Yep, would be the perfect bag.

Got my Performance Center fitting later this week, gettin stoked, so I'm pondering all sorts of things, Big Bertha 3W, Vapor Pro Combos, C Taper Lites, NS Pros, wide flange putters...lots of possibilities on the table based on my range session with the fitter. Whether or not I pull the trigger on any of it will depend on what the data tells me. But I'm excited for the experience either way!
Yeah I'm sure we'll both be pondering a few things after that haha.

I know my launch conditions have changed since I was fitted last year so I'm excited to see what's up.

DevRickus is bad for my bank account. Pondering these beauties this morning.

nike-show-x2-sunglasses-620-144.jpg

And of course, they are Canadan Blue (Yes, its an actual color, look it up)

True, thats Canadanablue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back