Official Equipment Pondering Thread

So that Bettinardi ponder turned into a trip to the PGA Store, which turned into some time in the bay with wedges, which turned into a Titleist Thursday fitting, which turned my ponder into a purchase: SM8 Vokeys in 55 & 60. Still thinking about that Betti though...

To go against the grain I currently have no pondering.

Driver is good. Do not feel like spending $500 on a new one and don’t feel like anything used can beat my TS2.

New sim max 3w and 4h/5h are money along with new p790 irons which I am getting along with great.

Wedges are great and switch to spider x for 2021 has been awesome.

My boss enabled my ponder for a new putter Friday afternoon. We had some prior-generation equipment left in stock, and he told me if I could sell it I could bury a new putter on my expenses. Friday: Mission Accomplished;)

Now I just have to wait for the province to reopen so I can go for a fitting.

Nothing to ponder right now thankfully. All of my current sticks are doing their jobs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to ponder something.

My course had a Cobra demo day yesterday. Many ponders now. The XB driver seemed to be automatic, I don’t think it was any longer but they said on trackman I was consistently 14 degree launch and 18-2000 spin. Great ball flight. I just bought a sim max last year but have been struggling with it.

Also the Rad Speed OL irons. I’m playing the OL F9’s currently and hitting them fairly well but the Rads really seem to be a bit of a step forward. I’ll probably hold off on the irons for a bit but it was great to see the 5iron launch higher by a good bit than the F9 version. I could perhaps just order the 5 and 6 iron and be set but These were really good though and the sound is good to me.

That driver though....Sheesh. I think I’ll ask our pro if I can demo that next time out, if I can replicate what I did on the Trackman this won’t be a ponder for very long.

Still hoping the CBX2 wedges go on sale soon!

Still wondering if I should have gone with the Modus3 Tour 105s instead of the 120s. Seriously considering test-shafting the 7-iron just to get the thought out of my head.

That’s an eclectic group right there!
I know! LOL! The TE is being considered because i play the Hot Launch hybrid irons and thought it would ease the transition into the wedges. Also very affordable.
The Hogan because it is forged and would be able to be built to my specs at a reasonable price.
The Cally because I've heard from others how good they are.

I still want to buy SOMETHING. :(

7-Wood.

Definitely pondering a Taylormade 5wd

Been contemplating a new shaft in my Srixon U85 2i. I’m finding the Recoil 95 F4 to feel a little loose.

Frontrunner right now is a Project X EvenFlow Blue in 6.5.

I want to reshaft mine as well - same thoughts 95F4 is a tad loose. Pondering which shaft to order.

I want to reshaft mine as well - same thoughts 95F4 is a tad loose. Pondering which shaft to order.
I'll post up my thoughts on the EvenFlow Blue as soon as I'm able to get the build done. Shaft is supposed to be here next week!

I'll post up my thoughts on the EvenFlow Blue as soon as I'm able to get the build done. Shaft is supposed to be here next week!

I hope you like it! I have EF Black 6.5 in a Mav hybrid and think it plays really well.

Pondering 60* ZipCore Full Face. And maybe a set of irons for my Dad.

I hope you like it! I have EF Black 6.5 in a Mav hybrid and think it plays really well.
I've got more of a moderate transition, and I was hoping for a mid-launch ball flight so went with the blue over black. Glad to hear some confirmation of my research about the EF line being used in a hybrid!

I've got more of a moderate transition, and I was hoping for a mid-launch ball flight so went with the blue over black. Glad to hear some confirmation of my research about the EF line being used in a hybrid!

I was going to comment that I could see blue being fun in a driving iron. I think the Zx is .355, EF blue might be .370?

I was going to comment that I could see blue being fun in a driving iron. I think the Zx is .355, EF blue might be .370?
Yep, the EF Blue hybrid shaft is .370. I’ll have to sand just a little.

Big Bertha B21 3&5 woods, Cleveland CBX2 wedges

Back