Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going out today, weather report says 20% chance of rain.. What do they know??! :D

Wouldn't you know it.. the SOB's got it right today. It was misty/drizzly and cold and like a trooper ( or idiot) I went out and tried to tackle a very challanging course. I stopped after 9 with what I will call a draw.

No more snow for a while but it's not supposed to get much past 20° for the next week.

Snow, Snow, and today more snow arizona florida georgia sound great right now

Snow, sleet and rain today. Not a good mix for NYE.

it got to 44 today... but it rained all night last night... course was soggy and shots were fat

It is 53* today with the wind it is a feels like 40 or so. The high is 59 and the gusts of wind are cold.

Got the cart heaters and cart cover ready

It is about 0° today and the wind chill is below 0! We may hit 12° today. Brrrr.

27* with a few flurries and a little wind. Even if there wasn't snow on the ground, it would be too cold to play.

I got up and drove to the course this morning. It was clear and 29 degrees and the wind was blowing 20-25 mph. Only 2 other golfers in my Big Game showed, none from my regular group. I decided discretion was smarter than valor today; no use going out in what a buddy of mine used to call 'combat conditions'. I stopped by the donut shop on the way home!

It is 53* today with the wind it is a feels like 40 or so. The high is 59 and the gusts of wind are cold.

Got the cart heaters and cart cover ready
Cart heaters and cart covers! That would be a balmy day for me. :)

We are expecting a foot of snow this weekend with wind gusts between 40 and 60 mph.

It's supposed to be in the low 40's for the next 2 or 3 days, but it won't be enough to melt the snow before the next cold snap the middle of next week. :confused2:

I went over to the course on Thursday just to visit a bit (pro shop is open Monday - Friday even when the courses are closed). Talked to the head pro for a while. Best thing about this is that the course gets a needed rest. No stress on the turf from traffic while the grass is dormant.

He also said that the experiment at the end of last year was a success and they have managed to budget the funds to buy a greens roller, so the great putting surfaces we had during the test period will continue. They will start keeping the greens at about 9 to 9½ on the stimp from now on... not bad for a muni. :clapp:

Bingo!

Sun and 19 inches of fresh powder. Off to see if I can find new body parts on which to fall.

Did you already run out of college boys' body parts to fall on?

its really sunny out... temp is low 30's... but the wind is pretty brutal... getting that wind chill down to low 20's

We're supposed to get another 1.5" of snow tonight. Not supposed to get out of the teens for the next week.

Did you already run out of college boys' body parts to fall on?

Pffft. The better instructors are in their 50s and 60s.

I fell on my shoulder for a second time. I can barely raise that arm.

I'm guessing your getting a little snow by now Smally & Mo, or soon. Liz and I are in Manhatten tonight and the snow's coming down pretty good. About a 1/2 to 1 inch so far I'd say.

Yep duey, we've got about a half inch out there.

It was actually 80* today, but haven't been able to golf in a while, not until next weekend :( but its been GREAT summer weather around here!!

I'm looking for a smack you upside the head smiley! hehehe

Yeah, how soon until California falls off into the ocean? haha. I hope you break a sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back