Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hey. More freezing ick until Thursday.

Yay.

It is currently 14° and windchill has us sitting at 0, so no golf today. Oh I forgot about the 3 inches of snow on the ground. :banghead:

NorCal has been getting some constant rain past 2-3 months (typical winter here). It's been relatively cold too (not like everyone in midwest, central, east though). I was able to get 13 holes out yesterday and it was by far the muddiest, soggiest conditions. Huge ponds of water everywhere. It was actually quite miserable. I'd rather be fighting some wind than getting my entire foot stuck.

It was mid to high 50s all morning in Orange County. Sunny, even though it was supposed to rain all day. Clouds rolled in around noon when we were just finishing up the round. Aside from a light sprinkle it never really rained, but it got colder.

High in the upper 30s with rain rain rain.

6" of rain last week, rain today. High of 54° tomorrow then 4 more days of rain.

I thought maybe @Kev had come down to Hot Springs Village to golf.

Just brutal the last few days golfing in 83 degree sunshine :act-up:

Just brutal the last few days golfing in 83 degree sunshine :act-up:

You suck!!!

I'm with Snickerdog.

Played 1 time this month, and that was a soggy mess. T-storms right now and through the night. Then rain through Sunday. Monday looks doable weatherwise,but after 2 weeks and a foot of rain it probably won't be happening.

Rock
Go Big Orange

I'm with Snickerdog.

Played 1 time this month, and that was a soggy mess. T-storms right now and through the night. Then rain through Sunday. Monday looks doable weatherwise,but after 2 weeks and a foot of rain it probably won't be happening.

Rock
Go Big Orange
I'm just poking fun at the northerners from the Sunshine State. I know you guys are itching to hit March/April so you can get out 2x a week or so.

I'm just poking fun at the northerners from the Sunshine State. I know you guys are itching to hit March/April so you can get out 2x a week or so.

Been really weird this winter, we usually can play most of Jan and maybe miss part of Feb, but this year has been just nasty cold and wet. Really itching to get out and play, but you keep giving us hope at least. :D

The bad thing we have more rain and snow this weekend coming up. Friday rain, Saturday 3-5 inches of snow.

This is the first year since we've been back, retired and moved back in 2015, that we haven't played most weeks, unusually 2x. I think we've gotten 5 or 6 rounds in since Thanksgiving. Mostly it has been rain, and a couple of week the courses were closed because of cold.

I'm so ready for this weather pattern to run its course.

Rock
Go Big Orange

Hit 50 yesterday, praise infant baby Jesus.

Whoooo! And 53 today!

We are supposed to have 30+ mph winds with gusts over 40. Screw playing in that.

4 more inches on top of the six inches last week. More rain tomorrow. Then 4 days of no rain.
Looks like I will get some golf in next week. :D But it will be soggy walking and cart path only.

I'm south of CobraX51 this week. He's right about mid 80s and sunshine. It certainly doesn't suck to be in FL at this time of the year.

Rain, rain,
Came and stayed,
Two plus inches so far today,
We beg and plead,
But more on the way.

Rain, rain,
Please,
Go away!

Rock
Go Big Orange

I live in the Mansfield Ohio area (midway between Cleveland and Columbus). I haven’t set foot on a course since the end of November. Last winter I was able to play at least once every month. All the courses are closed but the owner of one will let me walk it anytime the greens aren’t frozen. Now granted a couple of the rounds last winter were a muddy plugging nightmare, but it was still golf. There was exactly one 4 hour window when I could have possibly played this winter and I was stuck at work.

Now accuweather is showing 6-10” of snow for Sunday. Bleck. I’m going stir crazy here. May need to take a weekend and drive south until I find an open course here in the very near future if this crap don’t stop.

Been a mixed week for the weather where I am here in the UK

Monday - teed off about 9.30 and had on my THP 1/4 zip but it warmed up to the point it came off after about 5-6 holes

Wednesday - teed off about 10.30 and was wishing I had worn shorts to the course it was that warm

Thursday - We were due to tee off at 9.10 but due to the frost we were told it would be about 30 mins delay, but whilst waiting the fog rolled in and we couldn't see a thing so got delayed even longer. Eventually teed off at about 10.30 and I had on my THP 1/4 zip over a polo and a base layer and it still felt chilly all round

Blustery today. Windchill of 12. Good news is Saturday it is supposed to be 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back