Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played in -2C this morning. Bracing :good:

TeB7M9c.jpg

Locally here in my part of Wisconsin the temps this week have gone from a low of -24degF to +41degF. The other day when it “warmed up” to 20degF people were in short sleeved shirts and not wearing gloves outside.

We went from bitter cold to too nice. Yesterday the local courses were so crowded I had to play an executive course to avoid slow play.

Today was sunny. I'm pretty sure the course was open to walk this afternoon, but that is the weekday for you. Supposed to snow tomorrow and the next six days...
FORE! more weeks... likely.

What a mad man!!!

Nah, it wasn't too bad - virtually no wind, so virtually no wind chill :good:. The worst part was coming across a totally frozen green (I mean thick sheet ice rather than just frost - it hadn't had hardly any decent sun since the freeze descended), where my putt was moving across the surface faster than the ball was spinning/rolling. Watching it made me feel drunk, but at least it was a pretty smooth surface and stayed on track pretty well.

Last edited:
Had a lot of rain in this part of the UK and we have a storm coming today and saturday. Hopefully out playing on sunday at a links course so drainage is not an issue there, wind however.... will be

Out weather bites a big one right now. Boo.

I’ve had golf weather for two days and I couldn’t get out to play. Brutalllllll

Nah, it wasn't too bad - virtually no wind, so virtually no wind chill :good:. The worst part was coming across a totally frozen (I mean thick sheet ice rather than just frost - it hadn't had hardly any decent sun since the freeze descended), where my putt was moving across the surface faster than the ball was spinning/rolling. Watching it made me feel drunk, but at least it was a pretty smooth surface and stayed on track pretty well.

It's colder where you are, I'm surprised the green staff let you play with the greens being frozen. The rivers around here (Darlington) look like they are full already, not good for the golf courses one bit

Today should be a good one. No clouds in the skies, 72 at tee off and a high of 75.
Going off at 1pm today.

Currently 5*, feels like -16*. No outdoor golf today.

I'll find myself at the dome this weekend working with the Power Package though. It's 65* in there.

Today should be a good one. No clouds in the skies, 72 at tee off and a high of 75.
Going off at 1pm today.

Thats sounds glorious. We may need live update pics to live vicariously through you guys

Thats sounds glorious. We may need live update pics to live vicariously through you guys

Haha. Im sure there will be plenty of stuff going on over the next few days, that is for sure.

I got you brotha. Teeing off with 3 THPers tomorrow 10:22am. High of 77!! I'm talking temperature not score :act-up:

d2173329c516407492a90bbcdd4ac80d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The weather this weekend blows, literally. Highs low 40s with wind. My tournament got moved to next weekend when it will be in the 70s. Gotta love Texas weather.

T-Minus 5 days until my Myrtle Trip! Checked the long range forecast and it looks like we'll be in store for mid 60's all week which will be a welcome vacation from the crap ice storms we keep getting in CT.

I just looked at basically flights anywhere from here next weekend (south) so I could be warm and golf.

So bored of Ohio winter. SO over it.

Before I hopped on the forum I was looking how far South I would have to drive to get to warmth to play. The answer was really disappointing.

Before I hopped on the forum I was looking how far South I would have to drive to get to warmth to play. The answer was really disappointing.

I think if I went another week out the numbers wouldn't offend me.

I could drive down to TN to play in some decent temps but rain is upon us ugh.

I’ll be at hammock beach next weekend otherwise we could have made something happen.

Attachments

• BEBE1348-4582-49DA-92A9-9ED4A5C670E8.jpeg
    BEBE1348-4582-49DA-92A9-9ED4A5C670E8.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back