Official Jon Rahm thread

Freddy has proved to have severe foot in mouth syndrome and been wrong on so many occasions.
But his opinions carry great weight, or so I've heard :LOL:

Freddy wants people to go for free? I saw something last night that he starts at $75k for appearances.

But his opinions carry great weight, or so I've heard :LOL:
I am sure it does. Everyone likes Freddy. He is soft-spoken and comes across very laissez-faire. Plus everyone loves his swing. But I think in many cases and places he has been so dead wrong it is not even funny..

They should be happy, but the PGA talent pool keeps getting smaller. Sponsors are not going to be thrilled to put up big money for nameless talent, that is just the facts. The folks behind LIV have the leverage, signing Rahm was just a flex. The PGA needs to engage them in order to have a viable product.

These 3 golfers are happy about his move to LIV.

They should be happy, but the PGA talent pool keeps getting smaller. Sponsors are not going to be thrilled to put up big money for nameless talent, that is just the facts. The folks behind LIV have the leverage, signing Rahm was just a flex. The PGA needs to engage them in order to have a viable product.
Therein lies the concern. If "Top talent" keeps departing, no matter if they have won recently or not, what will be left? People show up and tune in to watch their favorites. Sure, the up and comers are fun, the guy out of left field going low is too, but that isnt what garners the most attention.

Therein lies the concern. If "Top talent" keeps departing, no matter if they have won recently or not, what will be left? People show up and tune in to watch their favorites. Sure, the up and comers are fun, the guy out of left field going low is too, but that isnt what garners the most attention.
Sponsors can’t keep being asked to come up with more money when the fields for their events are diminished in quality.

That is my point and that is what LIV is betting on - it also what players like Rahm are betting on.

Sponsors can’t keep being asked to come up with more money when the fields for their events are diminished in quality.

But if their favorites are over on the CW that poses a problem as well. Maybe they find new favorites and forget about the old. 🤷‍♂️

Not at all, which is why I continue to say that Monahan completely blundered the handling of this all from the start.

But if their favorites are over on the CW that poses a problem as well. Maybe they find new favorites and forget about the old. 🤷‍♂️
There is no correct answer or solution, at least that I can offer.

I am a fan of Brooks Koepka, I think he's an ass, but I love his interviews and just find him entertaining and enjoy watching him play golf. I had LIV on for a number of events to keep up with him. Am I a LIV fan? Nope, but I like Brooks so I wanted to see how he was playing, especially leading up to the Majors.

There is no correct answer or solution, at least that I can offer.

I am a fan of Brooks Koepka, I think he's an ass, but I love his interviews and just find him entertaining and enjoy watching him play golf. I had LIV on for a number of events to keep up with him. Am I a LIV fan? Nope, but I like Brooks so I wanted to see how he was playing, especially leading up to the Majors.
Makes sense. I can't say I'm tied to any one player like that where I need to go find whatever channel or website they are on. I haven't actively seeked out LIV and since its not on my regular viewing I've probably missed out on a few things. I think next year I'll make a better effort to at least check it out.

Makes sense. I can't say I'm tied to any one player like that where I need to go find whatever channel or website they are on. I haven't actively seeked out LIV and since its not on my regular viewing I've probably missed out on a few things. I think next year I'll make a better effort to at least check it out.
With that said, typically when I have tuned in to LIV, it's been at the bike shop, where we have multiple TVs all with sports on for some background noise, etc. I would not say that I regularly seek it out for consumption purposes, rather than to have on it he background.

Lets keep this thread to Jon Rahm please.
We have many LIV threads vs the PGA TOUR

Freddy has proved to have severe foot in mouth syndrome and been wrong on so many occasions.
Good thing they never made him the captain of the Ryder team.

I wonder if one of the reasons Rahm left was to get out of some of the limelight? He was quoted on Wednesday as saying, "The only thing is that I'm seen on TV right now, and that's it. ... Hopefully a little less so in the future."

I wonder if one of the reasons Rahm left was to get out of some of the limelight? He was quoted on Wednesday as saying, "The only thing is that I'm seen on TV right now, and that's it. ... Hopefully a little less so in the future."

He can't take the pressure and he's right there will be less in the future because nobody watches LIV.

Jon Rahm, Bryan Bros, and Grant Horvat. Some great golf being played. A great format for 2 good golfers vs 2 tour level golfers. 2 man best ball vs 2 man scramble. Lots of good tidbits in these videos

Front 9

Back 9

Jon Rahm, Bryan Bros, and Grant Horvat. Some great golf being played. A great format for 2 good golfers vs 2 tour level golfers. 2 man best ball vs 2 man scramble. Lots of good tidbits in these videos

Front 9

Back 9

That was a fun watch. Rahm is a beast.

I watched the front last night. Great video.

Freddy wants people to go for free? I saw something last night that he starts at $75k for appearances.
Fred Couples? He has stated that the players should be honest about their reason (money) for joining LIV . He's been critical of players like DeChambeau and Rahm spinning nonsense about "growing the game", and he's right to do so.

Back