Official Jon Rahm thread

@blugold I think it was Arnold Palmer who said you don't hit the ball with your backswing.
I know, it blows my mind that he squares that position up. It's awesome.

Keep the face closed and turn through, hard. It's amazing to me. That flexed left wrist is craziness.
The flexed (bowed) wrist in theory is more closed and promotes more of a draw, but both Rahm and DJ manage to hit a cut.

The flexed (bowed) wrist in theory is more closed and promotes more of a draw, but both Rahm and DJ manage to hit a cut.
Brooks and Colin Morikawa and Victor and basically every player with a closed face hits a cut with it.

It's fascinating.

Brooks and Colin Morikawa and Victor and basically every player with a closed face hits a cut with it.

It's fascinating.
Yeah, I think with the bowed wrist, you really have to clear your body (open to target) to hit a cut like that, but it is interesting.

Last edited:
Projections show Rors will win 1 if not 2 majors this year. They are saying he's ready to roll in 2024.
Just like they’ve said the last decade? LOL

Every once and awhile I’ll unhide my ignore content. It never lets down in this thread.

Just like they’ve said the last decade? LOL
And as each year passes it gets more difficult as the talent pool gets deeper and deeper.

For example, I just watched Notah Begay's national golf championship, ages 10–18, four brackets. These kids could flat out play.

Every once and awhile I’ll unhide my ignore content. It never lets down in this thread.
An option to consider. Makes some threads easier to read. :D

An option to consider. Makes some threads easier to read. :D
It does. Most people are rational and it just cuts out a bunch of noise to get real dialog and info. But every once in awhile curiosity gets the best of me.

Couples weighs in on Rahm going to LIV.

Projections show Rors will win 1 if not 2 majors this year. They are saying he's ready to roll in 2024.
Only 15 golfers have won multiple Majors in the same calendar year since WWII ended. I’ll take the under on Rahm and Rors.

Yup….sellout POS.
What do other pros's think of Rahm leaving only for money? Sounds like he lost a lot of respect. Freddie is saying what everyone else is thinking.

What do other pros's think of Rahm leaving only for money? Sounds like he lost a lot of respect. Freddie is saying what everyone else is thinking.
Im sure Rahm is overly concerned with opinions of others. I know I wouldnt be.

Im sure Rahm is overly concerned with opinions of others. I know I wouldnt be.
Jon asked me for my opinion back in October. I said, "Rahmbo (I call him that because we're besties), you gotta get that bag."

I would like to think I am solely responsible for him making that decision.

Jon asked me for my opinion back in October. I said, "Rahmbo (I call him that because we're besties), you gotta get that bag."

Of all the THPers I have personally met, why can I envision you and him sitting down, having some bourbon and actually having this conversation?

You mean all of those posts early in the LIV thread that you made were just for funsies? Or are you doing a 180 like Rory.

LOL. You were asked for your opinion? Non solicited? Seriously?

You mean all of those posts early in the LIV thread that you made were just for funsies? Or are you doing a 180 like Rory.
Yes. Because I had an opinion early. Listened to the counter points. Considered that information. Reframed what I thought. I changed my mind.

LOL. You were asked for your opinion? Non solicited? Seriously?
Rahmster, old nickname for the silly goose, is a good friend of mine. We chat daily. He asked me directly for my opinion. Seriously.

Back