Official Rant of the Day

The bank I work for has officially lost their damn minds. They came to us in 2019 about offshoring easy/mundane tasks for reporting and updates. I said it won't work because you still need a business knowledge and quick response to any issues as we are dealing with loan facilities that start at 500mm and only go up. At this time I was the manager of the team that handled risk and fed reporting, accounting, and cash/money controls, which I had cut the dead weight and cleaned up. Needless to say they now handle a good portion of what my former team does I am now no longer managing the team because they shipped all of it offshore while I am supposed to be doing more risk an libor transition work, but I spend most of my day dealing with a bunch of people offshore messing stuff up and having no idea how to do anything related to the job. They made me move off 3 solid employees and hired on 4 offshore people who cannot complete 1/3 of the work the other 3 did, or even do that 1/3 of the work correctly even with over a year of training at this point.
:mad:(n):(

Please don't be an ungrateful and unappreciative child when it comes time for your parents to move into an assisted living facility or nursing home.

Yard waste is now picked up by the city, and they now require that we purchase paper bags for them to go in. First of all, paper bags can't hold any weight, and dirt is heavy. Second, paper bags tear easily, and branches tear right through them. Third, they use an arm/crane thing to pick up the bags, and if the bag rips when the arm goes to pick it up, and it will rip because it's a freaking paper bag, then it just falls to the ground and the city leaves it where it fell and moves on.

Needless to say, I am now sweaty, covered in dirt, and pissed off.
My city changed it's policy this year to collecting yard waste every-other week. I drive past house after house that has had bags sitting out front since the middle of March. Apparently they are not only not going to pick them up every week, they are also not going to pick them up until the beginning of May. That is going to be quite a mess.

I've been on a voluntary/non-voluntary lay off from work since the end of January. Understanding was that the phones would be forwarded to his other company and the situation would be explained with my expected return date of 4/13. Today I stopped by to drop off some tools I had brought home and when I went in the office, I found 361 voicemails on the answering machine! Needless to say I have a bunch of pissed off customers and will have to spend all day on the phone trying to make them happy and continue as my customers. Really makes me wonder why I still work at my job when I run into this crap! 🤬😔

Yard waste is now picked up by the city, and they now require that we purchase paper bags for them to go in. First of all, paper bags can't hold any weight, and dirt is heavy. Second, paper bags tear easily, and branches tear right through them. Third, they use an arm/crane thing to pick up the bags, and if the bag rips when the arm goes to pick it up, and it will rip because it's a freaking paper bag, then it just falls to the ground and the city leaves it where it fell and moves on.

Needless to say, I am now sweaty, covered in dirt, and pissed off.
It sounds like they didn't think this all the way through. Or they have somebody in charge of the decision making who's never done a lick of yard work in their entire life.

Being ill is no fun

Went down with a cold last week, fair enough, but the coughing that it has caused me to do has got me in so much pain due to the spasms in my back, and this morning I coughed so much whilst trying to bring up the crap off my chest caused me to be sick, which has made my back even worse

It sounds like they didn't think this all the way through. Or they have somebody in charge of the decision making who's never done a lick of yard work in their entire life.
Probably because in their minds “yard waste” = grass clippings. I kind of get the paper bag thing (renewable, compostable, etc.) but they’re worthless once they get wet or torn.

Maybe GG should put the stuff in plastic bags, then put those into paper bags with a little stuff on top 😏

Probably because in their minds “yard waste” = grass clippings. I kind of get the paper bag thing (renewable, compostable, etc.) but they’re worthless once they get wet or torn.

Maybe GG should put the stuff in plastic bags, then put those into paper bags with a little stuff on top 😏

Haha, we tried that on one bag, they literally went through it and left it there.

It was 70 last friday and its going to be 41 with snow this fri.

It was 70 last friday and its going to be 41 with snow this fri.
I feel your pain, a little, lol. Been pretty much 80 all last week and this week and now the high for the day of my tournament (Saturday) is 57 and we tee off at 745am, so it will be in the 40s when we do. :mad:

The housing market is my rant... Should be enough said.

As a first-time homebuyer, this has been UNBELIEVABLY frustrating

sunshine all this week.

sunshine almost all of next week.

it's going to be evened out with 2 months of rain.

We get some much needed rain...but of course hail comes with it.

Tomorrow will be busy taking calls to file claims.:facepalm:

sunshine all this week.

sunshine almost all of next week.

it's going to be evened out with 2 months of rain.
Don't say that. This weather is absolutely amazing right now and I don't want it to end. Ever.

I love it when I spend a whole day going through a prospects equipment and give them a detailed proposal for the repairs and they tell me they had to get another quote and gave them my proposal, minus the pricing, to quote from. I don’t mind the second quote, but make them earn it.

Getting parts installed on car today. Made 7:30 appointment. At 8:00 they figured out what the appointment was for despite previously confirming. At 8:05 they confirmed the third party installer would be there in 45-60 minutes. Lovely.

Getting parts installed on car today. Made 7:30 appointment. At 8:00 they figured out what the appointment was for despite previously confirming. At 8:05 they confirmed the third party installer would be there in 45-60 minutes. Lovely.
Third party installer? What can’t the garage/dealership do?? (Are you having warp drive installed?) 😳

I love it when I spend a whole day going through a prospects equipment and give them a detailed proposal for the repairs and they tell me they had to get another quote and gave them my proposal, minus the pricing, to quote from. I don’t mind the second quote, but make them earn it.
That's why I started charging for quotes, price will be reduced off the final price if I get the work but, I'm not putting the time in looking up parts and figuring time for someone else to get the job.

Third party installer? What can’t the garage/dealership do?? (Are you having warp drive installed?) 😳
Nothing so exotic. Apparently a rear bumper appliqué is beyond their scope of work. Makes me wonder about coming here to actually service the car 🤨

Like a child on Christmas eve, I couldn't sleep last night awaiting my Mav pro irons.
Except it's morning and my gifts are not here yet.
915aa173741fb069bcf60014280c28f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Some weeks I feel like Mother Nature loves to troll people. Gives you a 70 plus sunny day on a Tuesday or Thursday then laughs as she gives you 50’s and rain on the weekends.

When meetings end early and the host says "I'll give you xx minutes back in your day."

It really annoys me!

RAIN.

SNOW.

SNOW 2!!

Back