Official Rant of the Day

My college sent a donation to the local hospital today.
4 cases of gloves (that had just come in that morning), 12 tubs of Clorox wipes, and 120 N95 masks. (Why do we have N95 masks? Someone panic bought 2 months ago, we have used absolutely none of them).

Why is this a rant? They had to stage the heck out of pictures for social media showing the donation. "We don't want it to look like we staged it."
FFS. Just donate them then. Forget the pictures. Do the right thing, and stop trying for the likes and shares.

Honestly, even outside of this pandemic, a goodly portion of people are "dirty, virus people".
You aren’t wrong. But I don’t want to visibly show people that I think that of them. Good news is that I have a mask now to hide distain

Our two cats appear to have become nocturnal. WHY?!

When a salesman sets up re-rent of a piece of equipment 3 months ago & then doesn't bother to tell you it was cancelled. So now you have to go back & credit 3 month's worth of rental invoices. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Wife just got terrible news from the doctor today. It's always bad when the doctor calls and not the nurse. We'll have a test again on Thursday, but it's unlikely it was a bad test.

Literally went from being super happy hitting my new 4 iron to cant believe this happening.

Not COVID19.

Wife just got terrible news from the doctor today. It's always bad when the doctor calls and not the nurse. We'll have a test again on Thursday, but it's unlikely it was a bad test.

Literally went from being super happy hitting my new 4 iron to cant believe this happening.

Not COVID19.
Prays for you the wife!

Not COVID19.
My wife had symptoms two weeks ago. Found out Sunday she was positive. Took almost two weeks to get the results back. We are in the New Orleans area so there is a lot of testing right now. Good news is the only symptom she has left is that she can't taste or smell anything. Definitely scary and helpless feeling.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

It's not COVID but today has turned into a trainwreck.

More tests Thursday.

Not COVID19.
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the bad news. Hoping for the best

Little blue.

Not COVID19.

Prayers for you and your wife. 🙏

Not COVID19.
I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts.

I'm at my school this afternoon, volunteering to helping pass out loaner chromebooks to families that need them for online learning. They had already done the paperwork, so all we had to do was as each car pulled up in line they would tell us their last name and confirmation number, we crossed them off the list, handed them the computer, and they drove away. The line got backed up a bit at times but everybody was very patient and extremely grateful.

Except for one woman, who drove up and didn't want to lower her window. So she's trying to shout the information through the glass over the sound of other cars and traffic going by. That's fine, nothing wrong with being cautious. Of course I can't hear her, so I put my head right next to the window. Right at that moment, she finally decided to lower the window, but not the volume of her voice, so she ended up screaming directly into my ear. And she couldn't understand why I jumped back and looked upset. She popped her trunk open for the chromebook and then drove away without an apology for screaming in my ear or even a thank you. And I couldn't even give the sarcastic you're welcome that I really wanted to since my assistant principal was right there.

I'm at my school this afternoon, volunteering to helping pass out loaner chromebooks to families that need them for online learning. They had already done the paperwork, so all we had to do was as each car pulled up in line they would tell us their last name and confirmation number, we crossed them off the list, handed them the computer, and they drove away. The line got backed up a bit at times but everybody was very patient and extremely grateful.

Except for one woman, who drove up and didn't want to lower her window. So she's trying to shout the information through the glass over the sound of other cars and traffic going by. That's fine, nothing wrong with being cautious. Of course I can't hear her, so I put my head right next to the window. Right at that moment, she finally decided to lower the window, but not the volume of her voice, so she ended up screaming directly into my ear. And she couldn't understand why I jumped back and looked upset. She popped her trunk open for the chromebook and then drove away without an apology for screaming in my ear or even a thank you. And I couldn't even give the sarcastic you're welcome that I really wanted to since my assistant principal was right there.
That’s like a part of a three stooges routine.

Not COVID19.
Sending thoughts and prayers your way Mark.

I hearby refuse to let myself fall into the funk that I feel coming on. Endeavor to persevere.

when you feel like your son made a good decision and the military (USAF, in this case) is bungling this corona virus thing....

Just spent my lunch hour listening to my 8 year old daughter beg me to bring her to work with me. She wants to be anywhere buy home with her sister she says. It's been a slow brewing storm between them that has finally started to cause some issues. I think they're going on 4 weeks home together every day now.

And, on my way back to work, it started snowing...

When everyone else's emergency becomes an emergency for you, but when you have an emergency no one seems to care. :mad::mad:

Spring storms rolled through, so my dog is doing his best 85lb impression of a shadow while trying to trip me and step on my feet at every turn. Gave him some CBD treats, which may or may not just be very expensive stinky treats.

Just spent my lunch hour listening to my 8 year old daughter beg me to bring her to work with me. She wants to be anywhere buy home with her sister she says. It's been a slow brewing storm between them that has finally started to cause some issues. I think they're going on 4 weeks home together every day now.

And, on my way back to work, it started snowing...

is the recipient of the nutshot @badolds???

is the recipient of the nutshot @badolds???
Lol. I couldn't see the entire Gif play out in the plug in. Once I posted it, that is exactly who I thought of, haha. He took it like a champ at the very least.

My rant - today should have been Masters Thursday, dang it! Oh, and by the way, it would have been a brutal day for every player in the afternoon draw - the wind kicked up around 1 PM, and was up and down and strong gusty, then calm, then up again. It blew a section of pine straw I spread Saturday away - well about 10 feet away at least. Tomorrow is supposed to be much cooler, high of 66, low 40's Saturday morning, and stormy most of Sunday. Maybe November is for the best.

Back