Official Sligo Thread

First bold - Isnt that why you came to FL a few months back? I think you saw so many Rocky movies that you felt as though you had a chance at redemption because the punch drunk guy with the funny accent always won at the end. Well except when he doesn't...

Second bold - Clearly not, but at this point like I said, I just feel dirty. It is like ripping off a special child. At this point you should be happy just getting a wink and a nod and feel honored to be out there with me....:bulgy-eyes:

This might be the funniest thing I've read in a long time! I'm still laughing!

I think we might need a TC vs JB thread at some point as the outing nears. hehe

fine with me, it wouldn't be the outing for me if i didn't have some sort of wager on the line. i like my chances.

fine with me, it wouldn't be the outing for me if i didn't have some sort of wager on the line. i like my chances.

I will be decked out in Sligo gear and that means bring it time. We both know the truth here. You are a better ball striker than I am by a pretty good margin. Yet when it comes down to it, me with a Wallack shirt on from Sligo has mystical powers that say "Man that guy has an aura around him that kills me every time".

At the end of our rounds, I might as well have said "hey little boy, you want some candy". Because frankly I felt like it was a complete molestation out there the way those knees of yours start to shake, you get a little sweaty in the palms with a small lead. That leads to you gripping a little tighter and the whites of your knuckles showing through. In one simple glance I see the collapse coming. You call it feeling bad, I call it destruction to the 9th level.

guys, can we get this back on topic about SLIGO? there is a banter away thread for this. hehe. I kid

I am actually enjoying this

I will be decked out in Sligo gear and that means bring it time. We both know the truth here. You are a better ball striker than I am by a pretty good margin. Yet when it comes down to it, me with a Wallack shirt on from Sligo has mystical powers that say "Man that guy has an aura around him that kills me every time".

At the end of our rounds, I might as well have said "hey little boy, you want some candy". Because frankly I felt like it was a complete molestation out there the way those knees of yours start to shake, you get a little sweaty in the palms with a small lead. That leads to you gripping a little tighter and the whites of your knuckles showing through. In one simple glance I see the collapse coming. You call it feeling bad, I call it destruction to the 9th level.

this was actually hilarious! It may not be at PGA National but this rematch needs to occur

i say bring it! let's do this! i want to win a wallack shirt.

I would just like to point out a post by TC on the thread called "WHAT I LEARNED IN 2010". Notice the bold.
i learned a few things in 2010:

1. i'll never miss a THP outing
2. it's always windy in florida
3. THP'ers are good people. i've made some wonderful friends here and i hope to add to the list in 2011.
4. don't make bets with JB
5. putter fittings are priceless

I guess it wasn't learned that well :D

I would just like to point out a post by TC on the thread called "WHAT I LEARNED IN 2010". Notice the bold.

I guess it wasn't learned that well :D

yeah, yeah, i know, but i'm stupid.

Yeah I was told about that one earlier. Nice to see the Epic shirt making the course. Im playing golf with team Sligo tomorrow and look forward to chatting with them about that epic shirt of theirs.

I need to see this trilogy happen. If there is a way that I can be in that group I would love to be.

How do Sligo shirts fit? Are the super tight like some of the Nike TW stuff or a little loose? I see a Austin shirt on Amazon for $30 but the cooler looking "Sligo Green" one isn't available in large. I'm in between a L and XL. Some of the tighter shirts i can get away with a XL but then other shirts in XL the seams that should be at your shoulder arm halfway down the upper arm...

How do Sligo shirts fit? Are the super tight like some of the Nike TW stuff or a little loose? I see a Austin shirt on Amazon for $30 but the cooler looking "Sligo Green" one isn't available in large. I'm in between a L and XL. Some of the tighter shirts i can get away with a XL but then other shirts in XL the seams that should be at your shoulder arm halfway down the upper arm...

If you truly are between a L and XL, I'd highly recommend the XL in Sligo. They fit and are cut to more of a "Euro" fit.

I would say they are more of a Euro fit, ~1/2 size smaller than most other apparel companies. The Larges are 23" from armpit to armpit and the XL are 24".

Hope that helps...

Cool thanks, that works out as the color I really wanted was only in XL... Well actually available in every size but large...

If you truly are between a L and XL, I'd highly recommend the XL in Sligo. They fit and are cut to more of a "Euro" fit.

Not always true. Their length is a little longer than normal. I normally need a L but was able to step down into a medium in sligo Polo's. This coming from a 6'2" guy.

Not always true. Their length is a little longer than normal. I normally need a L but was able to step down into a medium in sligo Polo's. This coming from a 6'2" guy.

Ruttro, I already pulled the trigger on the XL... Extra length doesn't bother me (I'm a tucker) as much as not fitting in the shoulders...

You'll be fine I think. I always have to settle for way to much bag in the shoulders to get the shirt long enough. Sligo was long enough that I didn't need to do that and I could trim up the shoulder/chest fit compared to my other polos

If not, the CS is FANTASTIC.

Wow, I have not really seen that at all. I wear a large in every single brand on the market outside of Sligo and JL (a few smaller brands as well). Those I wear an XL. I can do L in Sligo, but much prefer the fit of the XL.

I struggle with getting things long enough for my arms/torso. I don't with sligo, meaning I can step into a more fitted polo. I still wear "large" on anything that has long sleeves otherwise I end up 2 inches short on the arms.

Yes, but you're also extremely thin dude, lol

+1 Sligo tends to be a little short in the arms for me in their L size but shirt length and arm length is perfect in the XL
Wow, I have not really seen that at all. I wear a large in every single brand on the market outside of Sligo and JL (a few smaller brands as well). Those I wear an XL. I can do L in Sligo, but much prefer the fit of the XL.

I struggle with getting things long enough for my arms/torso. I don't with sligo, meaning I can step into a more fitted polo. I still wear "large" on anything that has long sleeves otherwise I end up 2 inches short on the arms.

Sounds like me. With long sleeve stuff, I err on the side of larger, or else I end up with the same problem. This info will help me when I go all Sligo crazy when my tax return gets here!

On the Morning Drive this morning they said Brian Gay looked like a professional bowler

Back