our season ends in about 1 month or so.i have a few medals in october and then they finish.

i plan on getting maybe custom fitted for my clubs or at least an idea of my swing speed and what shafts i should be aiming for.i plan on finding a driver or having a proper shaft fitted to my current driver,same goes for my 3 wood.at the moment the shafts are to soft in both my 905r and the g10.

i'll be concentrating on my iron play and wedge play.hopefully when the season comes back round again i'll be ready and straight out the blocks quickly with good low scores.my original plan this year was to get down to 4 but i'm hoping to maybe get to 5.....it's looking like that won't happen so 6 would be alright....just need to lose 0.3 and i'm there.

Well, the annual visit to the sister in Abu Dhabi taken care of. Perhaps a month in Spain at some point. Another swing by Florida isn't out of the question either. :D

No off season for me, I play all year long with maybe missing three or four weekends due to bad weather during the the average winter.

I'm pretty excited for the fall as I'll be playing every day after school until it snows. I've decided to take a "sabbatical" of sorts from full swings. I'm going to do almost exclusively short game practice Monday-Saturday for about two hours, and I'll be playing a full round every Sunday to keep my swing in shape. I'm hoping to get my up-and-down percentage as well as my sand save percentage way up for next golf season. Very jealous of all you guys that have no offseason...

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

My off season goal for this winter is to get my left shoulder re-habbed.
I've got tendonitis and an impingement in it that is really bothering me in my backswing.
It may take surgery to full correct it, but I sure hope not.

I want to get a putting green and just work on my putting all winter while hitting. I did great last year in the winter and want to continue doing so.

For me it'll be to ingrain everything that I've worked on this year....tempo being the key. More importantly however my goal is to get healthy and I'm dedicating myself to a workout regimen where cardio will be key. That commences September 1st.

Alex

My goal is to continue with Golftec, get some range time at least twice a week. And update my clubs.

I plan on practicing excessively, studying the game and starting next season as a 10 and under handicap, I am a 15 right now.

My goal is to get my putting average down below 30 per round. 34.7 Putts per round is killing my score.
I'd like to do more short game but once the grass thins out it's not as real to me seeing any results with the chips around the green.

What's an off season??:confused2: If its 40* or above without 20 mph winds,we are playing year round.But I would like to rest my right shoulder a little and work on my putting.

Hoosier: The Playabilty test is 80 in back to back rounds I believe. But my friend who is a Pro said that they have been willing to go higher with this because they don't get the same amount of applicants that they used to. Their thinking is that by the time you finish your 3yr apprenticeship with a pro that you will shoot lower. But thats the biggest drawback, depending on pay during the apprenticeship it makes it very hard for someone to give up a job that pays the bills to scrape by with a lower paying job. I feel I am in a good position, I am 30 and single and I don't get paid incredible at my job so if the pay was close I would def jump at the opportunity. I just need to get my game to where it needs to be.

Coming in late to the conversation, but I'd say if your desire is to be a teaching professional, make the jump NOW. Obviously if you're shooting in the 90's, you can't become a teaching pro yet and perhaps can't even start your apprenticeship. But there's not going to be a better time. The longer you wait the more reasons you'll find to say you can't do it. You'll buy a house, or a nicer car and say you can't start because your payments are too big. Or you'll get engaged and can't do it because you're saving for an engagement ring. Etc, etc, etc.

Find a pro that's interested in helping you and make the jump now. Perhaps you'd even just work in the golf shop for a few years while you're getting your game in order and then start your apprenticeship after that. Yes, the pay would be poor, but 5 years or so of crappy pay would be worth it in the end. If you wait for things to "line up," chances are you'll never do it.

Just my advice....

Our off season is upon us. Planning a round this Wed. with a few guys I met last week at the course I play. It will be warming up a bit to around 47 degrees so should be a good day. LOL I plan to get a putting green from birdie ball for Christmas and am hoping to pick up the new ghost spider s once they are in. I need to try it out first but I really liked the old one I have been trying out. So lots of putting and confidence building this winter. And learning a lot from the great people here at THP!

Completely revamping my grip (hand placement) on the golf club. Very weird feeling now, but I am getting used to it. Also working on correcting the awesome fade I have with my driver. Offseason goals!

Tapping from my Steve Jobs talking device

Coming in late to the conversation, but I'd say if your desire is to be a teaching professional, make the jump NOW. Obviously if you're shooting in the 90's, you can't become a teaching pro yet and perhaps can't even start your apprenticeship. But there's not going to be a better time. The longer you wait the more reasons you'll find to say you can't do it. You'll buy a house, or a nicer car and say you can't start because your payments are too big. Or you'll get engaged and can't do it because you're saving for an engagement ring. Etc, etc, etc.

Find a pro that's interested in helping you and make the jump now. Perhaps you'd even just work in the golf shop for a few years while you're getting your game in order and then start your apprenticeship after that. Yes, the pay would be poor, but 5 years or so of crappy pay would be worth it in the end. If you wait for things to "line up," chances are you'll never do it.

Just my advice....

How does one start an apprenticeship? Without taking the pat and attaining level 1 Head pros will work with and hire those who express interest ?

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

How does one start an apprenticeship? Without taking the pat and attaining level 1 Head pros will work with and hire those who express interest ?

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Not 100% on this but I think to be a teaching pro one would have to complete either a PGA program or something like one of those golf colleges. Although my buddy is the head pro at our local course and I don't think he completed either. More of who you know in his case.

Same as last winter, just take everything a step further.

Add more muscle and explosiveness.
Make my swing more centered and hit the ball longer and higher.

figure out and fix my gigantic snap hook with my driver. perfect my iron shot-shape...

My short game is where I leak alot of strokes so there and my diver too i never get off the Tee.

My short game is where I leak alot of strokes so there and my diver too i never get off the Tee.

Compass Point and Diamond Ridge have some great practice areas.
I'm sure in no time your game will be rocking YB.

My off season goal is to work on making better contact with my irons. I've been hitting behind the ball way to much this year.

I'm pretty excited for the fall as I'll be playing every day after school until it snows. I've decided to take a "sabbatical" of sorts from full swings. I'm going to do almost exclusively short game practice Monday-Saturday for about two hours, and I'll be playing a full round every Sunday to keep my swing in shape. I'm hoping to get my up-and-down percentage as well as my sand save percentage way up for next golf season. Very jealous of all you guys that have no offseason...

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.
I hope you don't see any snow during your entire 4 years down here buddy. Snow is not a given each winter down here, you know my age and I have probably only seen snow 7 or 8 times in my entire life. I don't really like it as we are not set up for it at all, everything just stops here.

Back on topic, I really don't see an offseason, 2 years ago when we had a snow storm we were playing golf something like 3 days later. So with the occasional 2 to 4 day periods the really is no down time.

My offseason goal is to try and gain some flexibility back. My swing continues to get shorter and shorter.

My offseason goal is to try and gain some flexibility back. My swing continues to get shorter and shorter.

You and me both, we gotta catch up to some internet distances

Back