Original Penguin 2024 Outerwear Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
The resurgence of the Original Penguin brand in golf stateside has certainly added another fantastic lineup to our list of options. They have found a way to provide modern takes and materials and mix it with just enough nostalgia for one of the absolute coolest logos, and mascots, in golf. That has continued into 2024 with them now flexing their style into more unique outerwear pieces, of which we were able to get a couple in hand for a closer look.

Continue reading...

The resurgence of the Original Penguin brand in golf stateside has certainly added another fantastic lineup to our list of options. They have found a way to provide modern takes and materials and mix it with just enough nostalgia for one of the absolute coolest logos, and mascots, in golf. That has continued into 2024 with them now flexing their style into more unique outerwear pieces, of which we were able to get a couple in hand for a closer look.

Continue reading...
I like that wind jacket. Very nice

I’m ordering that jacket today.
Saw it recently and loved it in hand

Great writeup! Really like the looks of that puffer wind jacket. Don't know that I'm gonna drop $180 on it though. Not a knock on them, that's an in general statement.

I'm not always a fan of the OP tops (love their pants/shorts), but that jacket is legit.

I really like the look of that 1/4 zip windbreaker. I'm going to keep an eye out for the sale and try and snag one then.

• Staff
OP is absolutely crushing it lately. The 1/4 is one of my favorite pieces right now.

Great write up @Jman ! That jacket is
Fan Heatwave GIF by MOODMAN

Like that jacket. Their subdued stuff is always really nice when they go wild they go off the deep end a bit for me. Now the only thing I think about when I hear Original Penguin is in the podcast when the lady talked about Pete, so weird :ROFLMAO:.

The 1/4 zip windbreaker is on sale right now for $40. They have medium and large available and even though I'm "husky" I grabbed a large.

I really dig the look of that jacket. I could see myself wearing that on and off the course.

Thanks for the peek at the new Original Penguin offerings!

Their stuff is so nice. Great write up, James.

I like that jacket very much.

Ooh those are nice. I have one Original Penguin thing and it is super nice, comfortable, and seems well made. Like what they have here.

Looks great! At first look I didn't live the hoodie design, but when I zoomed in it actually grew on me.

Having a couple of their previous years items...I can attest to the quality and craftsmanship. Really really good and comfortable stuff

Already onsale lol.
IMG_9529.jpeg

If I liked hoodies I'd get the windbreaker. Love me some dancing Pete. Alas, i don't love a hood flopping around.

@Jman, I think we're similar sized, right (6'5, 230)? Did you get the XL or XXL hoodie? I need long arms and not too wide.

@Jman, I think we're similar sized, right (6'5, 230)? Did you get the XL or XXL hoodie? I need long arms and not too wide.
I’m 6’3 215, the L fits, the XL gives me room without being boxy.

I'm liking that jacket. The quiet gray color looks awesome.

Not exactly my style, but I'm boring.

Really digging the jacket. I wish they'd go back to using the small logo without the circle more often though.

Back