Ill have to get pictures of mine up here ASAP, turned out pretty well....

that metal x came out really good

Tip of the day - don't apply 40 min stripping gel on Sunday afternoon and forget about it till Tuesday morning
:dohanim:

I found a small tub of Selleys paint stripper in my garage and used it on an old club I found in there. It's not my club, used the Selleys and I'm not joking when I say it got the paint out within probably 2 minutes. I checked the metal and it's fine. It's almost a gel and works stupid well.

Came across this at a local Advance Auto (I "think" they are called Western Auto west of the Mississippi).
If you need to strip ALL the paint off anything, this is it.
Spray it on and paint bubbles up and away in less than 5 minutes.
I stripped the crown off an old Steelhead #5 in < 10. Every last drop of paint.
BEWARE! This stuff is NOT a toy. Wear gloves, and probably some goggles, and long sleeves if you're going to get sloppy. Ask me how I know.
10035245_swm_ksear322_pri_larg.jpg

How do you know?

HAHA! Well, first, we were both typing similar posts at nearly the same time this morning.

Second, I had sprayed the old Steelhead and after the paint bubbled, I wanted to see how easy it would come off.
We have a big, deep sink in our garage so I put it under the faucet and cranked on the water, which then spashed off the top of the club and got on my arm.
It took about 2 seconds for it to start feeling like a match was being held to my skin. Good thing I was in the sink and could flush the crap out of it!

Pimped out my new putter. Murdered it on top and the bottom/face got my old high school's colours, what do you think?

v49iqg.jpg

r0nh9f.jpg

2yxnf47.jpg

2po88i1.jpg

Nicely done, but I can't stand a putter that's got a black on black sight line. It's why I never got a SC with the black finish. Still though, your putter looks very cool.

Did some painting today and re-did my Ferrules to match.
9985229534_d93952895a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
9985273176_52d8580765.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks nice NJRob

Tapatalk: Gently Tapped like a downhill three-footer.

Nicely done, but I can't stand a putter that's got a black on black sight line. It's why I never got a SC with the black finish. Still though, your putter looks very cool.

Thanks dude. I really just don't like sight lines or dots so I tried to hide 'em as best as possible. Especially the vertical one, it was a huge eyesore.

Those irons look awesome, love the ferrules

Somehow matched the grips almost perfectly.
Looks better in sunlight.
And I hit about 5 big shots with it last night with no ill effects.
Spoiler

IMAG0378_zps5b4a0a82.jpg

Actually getting some good comments on this on the course, so I stripped the head of my AMP hybrid this weekend to do the same blue. Problem is, the metal underneath is pretty awesome. I might just leave it bare.
IMAG0403_zps88aac369.jpg

IMAG0402_zpsf5600782.jpg

I like the metal look, TOAD. Looks very futuristic!

I think a subtle light decal as alignment aid and a top coat of varnish would look great on that.

Actually getting some good comments on this on the course, so I stripped the head of my AMP hybrid this weekend to do the same blue. Problem is, the metal underneath is pretty awesome. I might just leave it bare.
IMAG0403_zps88aac369.jpg

IMAG0402_zpsf5600782.jpg

Shouldn't this be in the paint Unfill thread? :)

How is it for glare? Looks pretty sweet.

I think a subtle light decal as alignment aid and a top coat of varnish would look great on that.
I looked all over the place for replacement logos with no luck. Would be great to replace that original "COBRA" and go over it with clear.

Shouldn't this be in the paint Unfill thread? :)

How is it for glare? Looks pretty sweet.

Not too bad. I often think I should just close my eyes and swing anyway.

9985229534_d93952895a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
9985273176_52d8580765.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have a few ferrules coming out. Do I have to pull shafts to fix them. I've never attempted this and don't know. I've only ever regripped.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Did my set the other day all green logos and numbers
a2umujaz.jpg
hu9esebu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

With one eye on a bag in staff colours and some off course time, time to redo the fills....

bluewhitewedges.jpg

The blue turned out better than I thought so might reverse the colours shown here so the blue is prominent.

Nice job JJJ, blue paint fill & Cleveland look great togeather.

Back