My Step-daughter had Uni exams last week which meant my Wife and I were full time baby sitting for our 28 month old grand daughter. She had her first trip to the golf course.

We also had a lesson booked that week, fortunately my instructor, his wife and there 12 month old Golden Retriever are child friendly.

Two rough games in a row for the little league team. Our last game ended in a tie after we were up 5-2, tonight we lost 2-1 in a pitchers duel. We were proud of how the kids kept battling, but it's tough to watch them in tears because they lost. No matter how much we tell them all we want is for them to play hard, they get down on themselves. Plenty more games to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My son's team went into the playoffs as the number 1 seed. Starting with the last regular season game they've been laying an egg. They scraped by the first playoff game but got boat raced tonight. One more loss and they are done. It's going to be a bummer seeing such a good team finish this poorly.

100% and 90% on her Math tests, SUCK IT COMMON CORE

She ran to the door with them when I got home yesterday, proud Dad indeed
That's so damn awesome.just don't tell her she has about 100 more standardized tests to go. So lame on these poor kids.

Summer Camp appears to be a hit so far. They are running him ragged I do believe, which is a good thing. Probably spent 6 hours either outside and at the pool every day so far.

The boy has identified an enemy already. Apparently, he is an underpants thief lol. We suspect he ran off with a pair of my boy's the first day (from pool locker room), mainly because yesterday the same boy opted to steal somebody else's and throw them in the pool. Haha. The kids are not catching the humor here, but I can't help but laugh.

Warning, proud father rambling coming in 3...2...1...

My daughter earned perfect scores on two of her three SOL's and 93% on the third. I have mixed feelings about SOL's and their importance or relevance in educating our kids. I fear "teaching to the test" is greatly limiting creativity and possibly holding back those who may be able to advance at faster rates than others but it is the system we currently have in place. In an age of "redshirting" as early as the elementary school level to gain athletic and academic advantages, my daughter is the youngest forth grade child in the school system according to the Assistant Principal. She will not be 10 for another 6 weeks.

Warning, proud father rambling coming in 3...2...1...

My daughter earned perfect scores on two of her three SOL's and 93% on the third. I have mixed feelings about SOL's and their importance or relevance in educating our kids. I fear "teaching to the test" is greatly limiting creativity and possibly holding back those who may be able to advance at faster rates than others but it is the system we currently have in place. In an age of "redshirting" as early as the elementary school level to gain athletic and academic advantages, my daughter is the youngest forth grade child in the school system according to the Assistant Principal. She will not be 10 for another 6 weeks.

Congrats to your daughter and you!

I'm not really a big fan of SOL testing. My daughter (fifth grader) just went through hers as well. She had a softball game that same week and you could see how mentally drained and beaten down she and the other kids on the team were. Three straight days of testing would do that to pretty much anybody.

On a lighter note, I noticed yesterday that a box of cereal (Crunch Berries to be precise) was down on the counter and had been opened. I asked aloud of nobody in particular, "Who's been eating my cereal?"

Immediately my son replies: "It's not me dad, I only had one bowl!"

Vacation with a sick PITA 2 year old is fun

Went out for a quick round this morning before work with one of my twin 9 year olds boys, learned a while ago that both at the same time is not a good idea. I can usually squeeze in at least 7 holes sometimes 9 but with him it's a rush to finish 5, no biggie the extra time together is worth a few holes.

He had his first lesson 10 days ago and is really coming along nicely. He practices his pitching and putting almost nightly at the house. The one thing that makes me envious is his natural ability to hit a baby draw off the tee, I can't hit a draw to save my life. The second hole today was a par 3 playing about 170. I hit a choked down 5H to bunker left. He hit his driver, with the natural baby draw, right onto the green. Then says "looks like I'm going to beat you at this hole again." I ended up with a bogey 4, he got par 3 and a huge smile knowing he got me again. Good times!

He was also excited to break in his new golf shoes. Momma bear finally got tired of his school shoes getting wet and said it was time for some real golf shoes.

My oldest had a riot in her first day of jr golf camp.

Summer Camp appears to be a hit so far. They are running him ragged I do believe, which is a good thing. Probably spent 6 hours either outside and at the pool every day so far.

The boy has identified an enemy already. Apparently, he is an underpants thief lol. We suspect he ran off with a pair of my boy's the first day (from pool locker room), mainly because yesterday the same boy opted to steal somebody else's and throw them in the pool. Haha. The kids are not catching the humor here, but I can't help but laugh.

Gnomes_plan.png

I got the new Golf Galaxy flyer in the mail today. I handed it to my son and told him to pick me out something for Father's Day. He opened it and pointed at the XR driver and said "That one". I like this kid. Now, just to get mom on board too.

So my sister has told me that in two weeks she is coming to pick Nick up for a week. Nevermind that she wouldn't let us keep my niece for an overnight until she was four.

Nick is this close>< to waking though. Thinking about telling her she gonna have to wait. Don't want to go pick him up and have my niece say "Uncle Tommy, we saw Nick walk!"

At the hospital now with the wife and baby for his tubes surgery. Hopefully it goes smooth and his ear infection issues come to an end. Plus we have been told that his equilibrium is thrown off because of his ears so this will help get him walking.

At the hospital now with the wife and baby for his tubes surgery. Hopefully it goes smooth and his ear infection issues come to an end. Plus we have been told that his equilibrium is thrown off because of his ears so this will help get him walking.
Good luck buddy. I know it's a routine surgery but it's still sucks seeing your kid go through that. Hope this takes care of the issues.

Everything will be alright. Thoughts and prayer from the Kong household.

Good luck PhillyV I hope it all goes well and it resolves some of the issues. I used to get really bad ear infections as a kid this will definitely help.

Good luck today buddy

Thoughts and prayers for you and the family.

Best of luck PhillyV!

Good luck PhillyV! I've had to watch my daughter go through a few minor procedures, kids usually bounce back like a rubber ball. Sometimes it's worse on the parents than it is on them. Fingers crosses your little guy comes out smiling.

Back