PING G30 Driver, Fairway Woods, Hybrids & Irons

I need to try this Driver. It's hideous but I bet it's amazing.

That's how the G series roll.

I really really want to hit it as well.

I hit the 10.5 with the Tour 65 last night

I'm in love.

I hit the 10.5 with the Tour 65 last night

I'm in love.

I figured you'd be hitting it as soon as you could. How does it sound? G-series-ish?

I figured you'd be hitting it as soon as you could. How does it sound? G-series-ish?

Yeah. It sounds likes cannon. Maybe a bit more subtle then the G25, but it's like dialing it down to a 10 from an 11.

I really have no business or need in trying the G30 driver or fairways, but it is likely to move in to ponder territory for me.

Yeah. It sounds likes cannon. Maybe a bit more subtle then the G25, but it's like dialing it down to a 10 from an 11.

I can accept that, I just want to hit it and see some numbers. Its intriguing to me.

PING G30 Driver, Fairway Woods, Hybrids & Irons

And ill say this, Ping continues to get OEM shafts right. The stock was a bit spinny for me but felt great. Tour was a great compliment for those that need lower spinning.

Last edited:

My G20 is the best sounding driver I've ever hit. How does it compare?

And ill say this, Ping continues to get OEM shafts right. The stock was a bit spinny for me but felt great. Tour was a great compliment for those that need lower spinning.

This current stock shaft line/options of theirs is freaking good.

My G20 is the best sounding driver I've ever hit. How does it compare?

Louder. But it does sound more stable if that makes sense then the G25. Although I am one who doesn't mind the sound of a loud driver to be honest.

Saw the 3-wood yesterday. I want it. It screams confidence and is a great shape.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Played a round with the G25 irons the other day - that's got me thinking about the G30s. I'll need to look out for when there's a demo day around me. I found that I got pretty much the same numbers/feel on the monitor with my G15s and the G25s, but once I got onto grass, I much preferred the G25s.

I hit all of the woods and hybrids today at GG for an hour. Eh. The driver head looks immense and sounds like a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant. I didn't like the feel and it showed with humongous slices. Hit it against my gamer, which was nice and straight. I liked the FW the most, but again, sound and feel at impact were less than appealing to me, the hybo was my least favorite. Muted feel and even nice shots felt plasticky is the best word I can come up with.

The turbines didn't bother me as much as I thought they would and I think many will like these. Just not me; the G25's are superior IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I couldn't take it any longer and ordered the 10 degree SF driver with the Tour 65 shaft...

I think a trip to the range is in order to give this thing a whirl today. It looks sweet and I've heard nothing but good things!

Still hearing a lot of positive buzz about these, some of the guys I know were really impressed when they tried it, but, they are PING homers around here. I'll be curious to give them a try still.

i just called my Golfsmith, they have demo's in stock. Think i might swing by after my morning round tomorrow and give the fairway wood a shot. i should be very vulnerable by then :bananadance:

For what its worth I did not like the G25 that much and game the i25--but I had to stop and hit the G30 demo today at the PGA SS--wow... I have a new driver coming next week from my wonderful sponsor or I would have bought it on the spot. take that how you want though, I do have a Ping to wallet connection :alien:

I loved the G25 and the I25, even though the I25 is too low spin for me. I can't wait to try the G30...maybe tonight.

I wonder why the fw and hybo's don't have the turbulators on them. None the less I want to give the hybrids and driver a rip.

I wonder why the fw and hybo's don't have the turbulators on them. None the less I want to give the hybrids and driver a rip.

pretty sure the FW's do have them, atleast from the pictures i've seen.

Fairways do.

My mistake. Why not the hybrids? The only thing I can think of is because the head is smaller and wouldn't get as much of a benefit from it.

I would assume that's the reason. Similar as to why the i25 hybrid didn't have racing stripes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back