PING G30 Driver, Fairway Woods, Hybrids & Irons

Tested the hybrids today. Great look and feel. I went ahead and ordered a h3, 19 degrees with standard stiff shaft. Can't wait to hit it again.

I went to my SCHEDULED fitting today at the Ping demo day at my local shop and the Ping rep left before I got there. ... my appointment was for 140 and I arrived at 120. Sooo disappointed.

One of the guys there is the local Titleist rep and he was nice enough to fit me at no charge but I was bummed not to be able to get the the full rundown on ping options

I spent some time with the G30 driver on the range yesterday, comparing it to my R1 with my VoiceCaddy 100.

R1 (stock stiff, set to 11.25* cut to play 44.5) - generally, I fly the ball in the 235 range and have a swing speed of about 95.

G30 (stock regular, 10.5, stock length) - I had several that flew over 250, best were in the 255 range. Swing speed averaged about 100. Dispersion wasn't quite as tight as my normal gamer but my ad hoc impression was that it was okay, that if I spent time with the club I'd get it dialed in. I mishit one drive and the numbers were about the same as my R1 - 235yds/95ss.

So obviously that's not a head to head competition because the R1 is cut down. So I choked down on the G30 to approximate the R1 length. Interestingly, the numbers basically matched the R1 (235yds/95ss).

Tried the driver and the irons yesterday at an outdoor range. The driver looked great just had a sense that when I looked down at it that every shot was going dead straight. It was long and had a nice mid to high flight that just kept climbing and felt great throughout the swing and very balanced. The sound took a few swings to get used to, it's not the worst sound but different and not what I expected. Great driver for sure.

The irons went through the turf so nice and the ball was long and high and I didn't feel like I had to try to get good results they just happened. They did confirm my want for graphite in my next set of clubs. I'm tired of heavy steel.

Good stuff Scrap.

Is it bad that I wish the G30 had the i25 stripes? I ended up really liking those stripes.

Good stuff Scrap.

Is it bad that I wish the G30 had the i25 stripes? I ended up really liking those stripes.
I was kind of surprised when they didn't have the stripes, I liked them as well.

Good stuff Scrap.

Not at all dude those stripes are bad ass but is also just so easy to hit.

Turbulators and Racing stripes just might set a speed record.

Man, I hated them at first when I started the i25 review, but they grew on me QUICK.
I didn't like the stripes in the pictures, but once I had the i25 in hand it was a different story. That's why I was willing to hold off on judging the turbulators until I saw them in person.

Finally got to hit the G30 driver last night and overall I'm quite impressed. I also hit the G25 for comparison's sake since I was never overly familiar with it.

I really like the look that the Ping clubs have, although I do wish the G30 would have the I series racing stripes. The sound was different than what I'm used to but not really good or bad, I think it would grow on me.
My club head speed was the same with the G25 and the G30 so the Turbulators are getting filed away as a lousy marketing gimmick for now, but I'll try again another day. That said the G30 gave 1-2mph more ball speed, spun a touch less, and went a touch higher leading to a small distance gain. I didn't have my gamer with me to compare but I'll give the G30 a fair shot when I'm in the market later in the fall.

I knew I shouldn't have hit the G30 driver. The ball literally explodes off the face. The aesthetics are really awesome. The matte black and blue really pop. I also hit the hybrid and actually really liked it as well. My wallet is going to get lighter.. I know it.

The real question is... Where can I get my hands on a pink G30 driver?

The real question is... Where can I get my hands on a pink G30 driver?
Turn pro and become an insufferable douche.

Thought I saw some G30 goodness in a picture GG posted earlier... Jealous. Didn't see the longest results with the G30 driver but really liked the feel of the club. May go back and see if we can make the distance mo betta by swapping out shafts. Didn't think I'd like the turbulators, but they look pretty sweet.

Just got back from GG. Gave the G30 irons a look and I'm actually thinking that I could play those without a problem. Not sure how they would stack up to the AP1, Apex, Bio Cell, but I'm pretty sure I could play them without being bothered.

I'm thinking there might be some in hands really soon.

I hit the 5h today and came away more impressed than when I first hit it. The weight and balance of the club were nice and I liked the height I was getting with it. For me personally though, it seems pretty similar to the G25, which isn't a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sure others with more experience and knowledge that will spend more time with this club can give better insight though.

Went to pick up some gloves today, and ended up hitting a bunch of clubs while I was there. The G30 irons were great - there is something about the G series that just feels right to me. I have a set of G15s that I can't bring myself to get rid of, and these definitely look a lot better.

Got me some 9* Turbulator Love today along with some I25 Goodness and really enjoyed my round with them this afternoon!

I didn't really see any extra distance out of the G30 driver, but it's a nice club and easy to hit. The fairway woods certainly have my attention though, I need to try those!

In hand pics and thoughts on the irons later tonight. Looks like a progression set to me rather than any big changes, though some specs are different.

Back