PING G30 Fairway Wood Review

for me it is a spot in the bag issue i need a club with a loft around 16-17 to fit between my Mini and 20 Hybrid
Depending on the flight/distance you're seeking (per Jman's post), you could mess with the lofts and also the club lengths. I'm thinking of dropping my 19 hybrid, in favor of the 3 and 5 woods. That might have me up the 5 wood loft, and I can vary the distances with choking down a bit. I already know the 5 is going to get the ball up quick as it is.

They only hit it a couple times, but I witnessed MikeG and Cookie hit the 3w really well off the tee. They're extremely solid, and it seems the more that try them, the more that think so.

They only hit it a couple times, but I witnessed MikeG and Cookie hit the 3w really well off the tee. They're extremely solid, and it seems the more that try them, the more that think so.

Surprisingly easy to hit off the tee. My nemesis with FW has been off the deck & that is the next step to see if this club can sneak into the top of my bag. The club sets up well, has a nice sound when struck and the distance is there. I know distance is relative to putting a good swing on the ball, but this one impressed.

I'm hoping to get mine onto the course tomorrow for the first time. I ordered it with the TFC 419F shaft, which has felt wonderful swinging it inside, very smooth. There are two holes on the 9 hole course I play a lot that call for 3w off the tee, plus a par 5 that calls for it off the deck based on where my driver shot normally lands, so I'm hoping the weather's warm enough to get me on the course tomorrow.

Got this club out to the range today finally. It practically swings itself. So smooth. A nice easy swing had it at around 200-220 for me off the tee. I had a bit of a harder time off the deck but I think that's just more finding the right ball position. Loved swinging it. Perfect "tink" sound when it's flushed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 wood is arriving tomorrow, to join my 3 wood. Looking forward to putting both in play over Thanksgiving!

I spent some time at the local golf store hitting the 3 and 5 woods and they felt great. The numbers looked good and were long and straight. I think these are going to work for me. Will start off with a 5 and 7 wood and maybe in the spring pick up a 3 wood.

I played the 5 wood turned strong for a bit late summer with the tour shaft. Excellent fairway wood. Forgiving, long and felt great. Really had no complaints. Just couldn't quite surpass my Big Bertha Pro and a buddy of mine loved the G30 so he took it off me.

Would definitely recommend them.

Got this club out to the range today finally. It practically swings itself. So smooth. A nice easy swing had it at around 200-220 for me off the tee. I had a bit of a harder time off the deck but I think that's just more finding the right ball position. Loved swinging it. Perfect "tink" sound when it's flushed.

very nice. What was your distance with your prior 3w?

very nice. What was your distance with your prior 3w?

I was around 190 with my R5 Dual. Those G30 distances are with the loft up to 15.5*.

I hit the 3 hybrid inside with stock shaft (Reg) comparing against the 915h and liked the results. I was getting results in the 195-205 yard range. This was 5-10 yards longer than my average with the 915h. Dispersion was a little better with the G30h as well.

I love these things. I just needed to say that.

My mind is set. The bad news is ... it is too cold out to play. The good news is ... Santa is going to bring a 5 & 7 wood for Christmas.

Its gong to be a long winter.

I love these things. I just needed to say that.
Money. Absolute money. Even on my mishits, today, results were good (well, except for a couple of massive pull draws). No doubt these are a step (or two) up from the i25s as far as performance goes.

Money. Absolute money. Even on my mishits, today, results were good (well, except for a couple of massive pull draws). No doubt these are a step (or two) up from the i25s as far as performance goes.

They really are. Best fairways ping has released, by a large margin IMO.

I will soon put one of this in my bag as well.

I will soon put one of this in my bag as well.

Nice dude, be sure to post up your thoughts after you do.

I'm actually about to install Fujikura Pro's in mine, 63 in the 3w and 73 in the 5w. Should be a fun little tinker.

Will do. A lot of the golf courses are closed now, so it will come to test later.

After concluding testing on another fairway, the G30 3w went back into the bag today. I've actually got a Fuji Pro ready for the extra adapter, but the more I hit these off the tee and deck the more I think I'd be a dumba** to change the shafts. The stock 419's are really good in them, the counter-weight of them WORKS here waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than in the driver did.

Stock shafts are very un-internet-golfer though, right?

These are so so so so so so so so so good off the deck its silly for me.

Why do you think the counter weighting works better here than in the driver?

Why do you think the counter weighting works better here than in the driver?

The launch that they help provide works much better here by my testing. The Tour 65 is just much better all around in the driver as it pertains to feel, the 419 was just a bit off in that head, I touched on it in my review, but it was the first "miss" for me from PING in a stock setup for a driver in a while. But having hit the Tour85 vs the 419 in the 3w and 5w, the 419 will just be a better fit for a broader margin, more launch in a place where most need it, and a very consistent flight from the 3w and 5w.

They really are. Best fairways ping has released, by a large margin IMO.

Agree, All woods are now Ping G30 with the heavier Tour series shafts--just love this combo for me and would have never gone that route on shaft choice except for a demo day at the club that they were the clear choice by the fitter. Hitting balls on a real range and with a Ping fitter has led to clubs that are still in the bag instead of the revolving door that my bag was before.

Agree, All woods are now Ping G30 with the heavier Tour series shafts--just love this combo for me and would have never gone that route on shaft choice except for a demo day at the club that they were the clear choice by the fitter. Hitting balls on a real range and with a Ping fitter has led to clubs that are still in the bag instead of the revolving door that my bag was before.
The only clubs that ever have any staying power in my bag are the ones that were properly fit on am outdoor, grass range with Trackman.
There's really something to be said for an experienced fitter and real conditions leading to a fantastic fitting.

These are fun.

I've hit all of the current releases, and these still are the most fun. I never ever ever saw that coming.

The 5w today was hiiiilarious.

These are fun.

I've hit all of the current releases, and these still are the most fun. I never ever ever saw that coming.

The 5w today was hiiiilarious.
Have you hit the Vapor FWs?

Back