PING G30 Fairway Wood Review

Have you hit the Vapor FWs?

Both models good sir.

Speeds came closest for launch, but there is just something about these damn things. Damnable turbulators and all. It's confusing to my equipment ho mind!

Both models good sir.

Speeds came closest for launch, but there is just something about these damn things. Damnable turbulators and all. It's confusing to my equipment ho mind!
Outside of the cliché what works philosophy, play what makes you happiest. I know you do, but still had to be said.

Outside of the cliché what works philosophy, play what makes you happiest. I know you do, but still had to be said.

Yep yep, I've not been happier with my bag ever I think. Only one spot up for battle and it's that 22* ish area.

Famous last words, I know.

11wood. How awesome would a 13 wood be. Haha

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by WardF
Agree, All woods are now Ping G30 with the heavier Tour series shafts--just love this combo for me and would have never gone that route on shaft choice except for a demo day at the club that they were the clear choice by the fitter. Hitting balls on a real range and with a Ping fitter has led to clubs that are still in the bag instead of the revolving door that my bag was before.

Great advise! I've played the last five years hitting the ball all over the place, not realizing that a better shaft fitting could drastically effect my dispersion. The pure data numbers had put me in a Regular shaft which I was spraying left and right. I recently went for a fitting and my fitter didn't have a Regular in one of the shafts I wanted to try out, so he gave me a Stiff instead. I couldn't believe how much better my dispersion was with the Stiff. The fitter was surprised as well. So don't just rely on the numbers.

I finally gave up on my G30 3 wood. I wanted to like it, but I just like the i25 so much better. The i25 is more forgiving to me. It's easier to hit off the deck and it just hits straight bombs.

It's gonna get it's crack, if not, g30 7w is on deck.

I tried the 7W the other day. Ended up getting the 7W to match the 588 5W I have, but it was nothing but long, high, and straight. Actually got me thinking about going to G series woods.

I tried the 7W the other day. Ended up getting the 7W to match the 588 5W I have, but it was nothing but long, high, and straight. Actually got me thinking about going to G series woods.

I've not been lying! Haha

Best fairways ping has released by a large margin, testing next to the i25, g25, and g20 confirmed it when I did the review. Better ball speeds, better retention, and better launch.

I came away with the same feeling after hitting the G30 hybrid as well. Was looking to match a Titleist hybrid with my 913 driver and fairway and may end up with G30's.

Interesting. Currently playing G25 5w stock regular flex and wanted to try the G30. I have tested both TFC 419 shaft in regular and soft regular.. and first impression is that I feel better with soft regular. Any technical reason why? Maybe the G30 counterbalanced shaft that ceteris paribus is launching less than the G25 shaft? Thanks in advance

I said it before but I'll say it again - with the TFC shaft, the club just wants to swing itself. It feels so smooth in the transition, and this is coming from someone who fights a rushed transition from backswing to downswing. Come springtime, this will be my go-to club off of a LOT of tees.

PING G30 Fairway Wood Review

I'll be installing 72 and 83 miyazaki silvers in these bad boys this weekend. Woot woot!

I'll be installing 72 and 83 miyazaki silvers in these bad boys this weekend. Woot woot!

Nice dude! Which one you think you'll like better? weight wise

Nice dude! Which one you think you'll like better? weight wise

Gonna go 72 in the 3w which will blend close with the driver shafts I'm going to be using/trying (a personal preference) then heavier with the 83 in the 5w. Could be a lot of fun.

Gonna go 72 in the 3w which will blend close with the driver shafts I'm going to be using/trying (a personal preference) then heavier with the 83 in the 5w. Could be a lot of fun.

Good plan. I just recently got a 8Q3 for my 5wood that needs some love in the installation department. Probably done over xmas break. I like the thinking- heavier in 5 wood.

Good plan. I just recently got a 8Q3 for my 5wood that needs some love in the installation department. Probably done over xmas break. I like the thinking- heavier in 5 wood.

Good idea, and you better be ready because your new 3w is HEFTY at 85.5g!

Good idea, and you better be ready because your new 3w is HEFTY at 85.5g!

I am my dude. I have never been this ready for a FW in my life haha

Finally did it. Pre Christmas present for myself. Ordered a 7w today. With a little luck it will come to play later in the month. Some courses are still open up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally did it. Pre Christmas present for myself. Ordered a 7w today. With a little luck it will come to play later in the month. Some courses are still open up here.

Nice dude, enjoy it!

Good luck with it! I'll be interested to hear your thoughts.

Will do so. Excited about this.

Finally hit this FW in the sim over the weekend. Took my Stage 2 along as a measuring stick. I only hit the 3W (no 5W demo at GG), but was impressed with what I saw. Once I got warmed up, I was hitting my Stage 2 to about 205-210 carry with a bunch of roll. The G30 at 14.5˚ was getting similar overall distance but a fair amount less carry. Results were consistent though and it felt great. Still not enough to justify a ponder for a $250 club. Noticed they left a wrench out, so I cranked it up to 15.5˚ and the difference was actually quite noticeable. My carry number went up to the 215 range, with some that were considerably longer. Needless to say, this one is high on my post xmas ponder list. Felt a bit heavier than the Stage 2 as well. Obviously it all depends how it works on the course, but the stock stiff shaft seemed to feel pretty solid to me. No need for the tour as far as I can tell so far.

Back