PING Gmax Irons Review Thread

Very interesting look there with the cavity. High and long are my guesses

Unlike those other PING irons posted recently, these are fugly.

But hey, if they help golfers, more power to em!

I'm not swayed one way or the other. I'm sure the tech is packed into these things to help the golfer they are geared towards. If they can help players enjoy the game and get the most out of their swings then more power t them.

These look like they would suit my game as I'm horrible with my irons. I think I might demo these.

I fondly remember of another ugly club that ended up having hundreds of posts on this site. You just never know

meh these don't move me. Pings latest offerings to me aren't moving the needle like many others are.

I love the finish, other than that I'm kinda meh about them.

Hawk, Is the cavity visible at address?? please say no...

Depends on the iron and what you mean by cavity I think. As far as I am concerned, similar to what one should expect for an iron of this type.

8 iron would be a no.

DSCN6451-L.jpg

4 iron would be a yes, though the circle thing isn't visible.

DSCN6436-L.jpg

Depends on the iron and what you mean by cavity I think. As far as I am concerned, similar to what one should expect for an iron of this type.

8 iron would be a no.

DSCN6451-L.jpg

4 iron would be a yes, though the circle thing isn't visible.

DSCN6436-L.jpg

Ok didnt kknow if it was just the angle of if it was truly visible at address thanks Hawk!

Proof is in the puddin'. I'll wait until I get a chance to try them.

Conceptually, I'll take all the crazy tech I can get!

I watch Rick Shiels review of these on YouTube today. The "ting" these made on impact was very odd. Almost sounded like the 588 Altitudes on the video.
Hmmmmm, my alts never made a ting.

I think the pics are great. While they are the best looking irons I bet they absolutely launch the golf ball.
Pics make these look better. Nice shots Hawk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These things scream high ball flight which is exactly what those who these are made for need.

I'll hit them just to see how high they go for my own humor but not something I'd expect to go in my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they look too bad, than again I like my Zings. The "eye" does remind me of the Eye2 (my original Eye actually had lids) and yellow dot being standard is new. While I don't need the help with high or straight, long always gets my attention.

I will be looking forward to hearing your thoughts Hawk.

I'm a fan of high, long and straight. I'll probslby give them a swing if I get the chance.

Curious also as to what kind of sound the club faced produces with the way the cavity is setup on these

PING Gmax Irons Review Thread

Standby by. Technical difficulties lol.

Turn up speakers all the way. It's very high pitched. What a shame.

Last edited:
Meh. Sound doesn't turn me off.

Haha. Put on headphones or something.

Back