How could she say no when you had the beanie on your head? Life threatening surgery and she won't let you get the I20's? Thats rough

I know dude, Ive even been telling her how much my hand hurts, how much I miss playing bad golf and she just keeps telling me I got enough golf stuff. It doesnt help that I have new irons I havent even hit lol. But that is besides the point.

Ramp up the begging. I did. I cooked dinner for a week. I think she just said ok so I would stop cooking.

TapAhoy!

Maybe I'll try the kill her with kindness and romance approach. She'll get tired of it real fast and maybe cave.

Kmac we need to figure out a way to make it rain i20's. If I could get them for $90 per club I would commit some refund money.

Sent from my forged iPad

Dude Im in if we could get that deal.

Kmac, I'm going to talk to my dude today. I might try to haggle for two sets if he'll do it for $90 per club. I assume you just want 5-PW (black dot)?

strong purchase there Keith!

Well I pulled the trigger tonight and ordered the I 20 iron. I ended up going with the stock TFC steel shaft. I got best overall numbers, accuracy and consistency with these. I went 5 - PW and also ordered a 23* G 20 hybrid bent 2* up. Excited and can't wait until they arrive in about a 10 days. Will prob follow up with G 20 FW also.

TapAhoy!

Kmac, I'm going to talk to my dude today. I might try to haggle for two sets if he'll do it for $90 per club. I assume you just want 5-PW (black dot)?

Why does the dot have to be black? Does he do long distance trade ins?

Why does the dot have to be black? Does he do long distance trade ins?

Black dot is standard lie. He might dude, I can ask.

Well my i20 irons arrive tomorrow (4-PW, white dot, stock CFS stiff) but my i20 20* hybrid showed up yesterday (along with my G20 4 wood). Straight to the range and this thing is absolute butter. Looks amazing and plays even better. High bombs, was hitting it about 230 no problem with range balls. A couple of mishits came out low but had pretty decent distance, enough to save face out of the rough. Perfectly square look at address and its definitely confidence inspiring. I did notice a few thin shots that seemed to take off like a normal shot, a result of the wider face surface area toward the bottom of the club no doubt.

I'm really digging the TFC707H shaft in that thing and it has a matte finish to match the crown of the club head. Fit and finish is spot on, nice headcover too. I can also say that from the looks of it the finish on the i20 woods is very durable. The range was quite sandy last night and the sole of the club looks pretty much brand new this morning even after about 20 hits and 1 or 2 slightly heavy shots with it.

I can only expect the same from my irons, unfortunately (and this is a sketchy "unfortunately") I'm heading to Cancun for a wedding tomorrow so I won't be able to hit the irons until next week. Luckily I have the day off Monday so I expect to be able to post pics and comments Monday evening.

Here's a teaser of the hybrid (I know this is the iron thread, but I don't see a reason to start a whole new thread unless the mods see fit)

2012-02-15_14-43-30_540.jpg

The Ci11's are sad.

Sent from my forged iPad

I know dude. But after the rush came down I'm gonna hit them head to head. The numbers were mind blowing and I can't remember if it was a 7 or 6i I was hitting... I'm pretty sure 6i. The carry and stuff was right where I am usually but what got me were a couple of things. Club at address, feel off both good and mishits, the accuracy. I reckon the accuracy is more because it was just fit better but who knows. It was a green dot. I'll have to see if thats what my Callaway was fit at.

Yeah TMex!! Wow this unofficial testing thread is slowly becoming epic. It still needs a few familiar faces though. Maybe a lefty or 3

Lol Dude I'm going to post numbers below.

Pull the trigger Yoccos. These sticks are legit. I felt just like you did when hitting the irons. I hit the 4 iron tonight and it was looking good too. Opted for the hybrid instead.

TapAhoy!

Man I'm so close! I've got lessons I have to pay for though haha. That's my first priority.

Pull the trigger dude. Youre a closer not a turd. Lets do this!

I hope so ese. Ive been trying to get permission to use some of my tax return for i20's but so far Ive been shot down. Tonight I'll try again. Keep me in your thoughts. lol

I'm close Kmac but lessons first then I ll see wht I have left over. I'm paying for flights right now too. I should know shortly!

Here are the numbers... one mishit and two good ones... I wasn't getting the SS up there but the stock shaft did some magic!

IMG-20120215-00076.jpg

IMG-20120215-00077.jpg

IMG-20120215-00078.jpg

Lame - I can't see the pics here!

Unless your shop is different I think all PING's modern lines use the 7 iron for a demo club.

Hawk, he was getting on average 175 carry, 115 ball speed, 20* launch angle and 80 ish swing speed.

It would be a 7iron I reckon Tmex, but dayum son, I'd say an avg of 170 carry for a 7iron is pretty legit.

Congrats on your hybo showing up hoss! I like the white dot myself.

Thanks guys. That's pretty stout!

Lame - I can't see the pics here!

Snap here you go dude!

Pic 1: Ballspeed 115, Launch 21.4, Backspin 4881, sidespin 22 L carry 174, total 176, draw 1 yard

Pic 2 (mishit): Ballspeed 115, Launch 28.6, Backspin 5304, sidespin 234 R, carry 166, total 167 fade 10y

Pic 3: Ballspeed 116, Launch 19.3, Backspin 4737, sidespin 7 L, carry 176, total 181 no draw/fade really

Unless your shop is different I think all PING's modern lines use the 7 iron for a demo club.

Hawk, he was getting on average 175 carry, 115 ball speed, 20* launch angle and 80 ish swing speed.

It would be a 7iron I reckon Tmex, but dayum son, I'd say an avg of 170 carry for a 7iron is pretty legit.

Congrats on your hybo showing up hoss! I like the white dot myself.

This makes sense now. Because when i was looking again today, I thought its about ZStar range, why switch? Now I remember why I was so excited haha.

I am going thru the set up and I will be adding g20 4W and maybe a G20 Hybrid 20* to go with 5 - PW. I know I should get GW too and prob will but I am in love with my JPX wedges.

Great stats there Yoccos and it was more than likely a 7 iron you were smashing since their demos are seven.

TapAhoy!

So you're carrying the i20 7iron around the same distance as your ZStar 6iron?

That is a Paul Casey like 7 iron dude.

I just don't know why he didn't buy them! Sick #'s brochacha.

I know I was hitting the 7 iron a tad farther than my rapture V2 6 iron. Of course not the monster distances Yoccos was slamming.

TapAhoy!

I know I was hitting the 7 iron a tad farther than my rapture V2 6 iron. Of course not the monster distances Yoccos was slamming.

TapAhoy!

Lol I dont know if Id say monster but man it was big. I thought that was big for a 6i. I got so excited last night over clubs I confused myself hahahaha.

$$$ lol. That's it dude. that and I still love those ZStars. these numbers cant be ignored though. Stock shaft rocked it.

That is a Paul Casey like 7 iron dude.

I think he is in the 200's lol.

So you're carrying the i20 7iron around the same distance as your ZStar 6iron?

Yessir. that's what I normally play my 6i. At times it'll go further and I'll adjust but I always play on the lower side because soemtimes its lower too. The Ping was so consistent it was nuts.

I agree, maybe he's not the closer I thought he was and needs one to come in and seal the deal? Those are some sick numbers ese.

Off the Zstars Tmex. Some graphite iron shaft lover (dean and chunky) should take them off your hands. It's funny that you are a full lcub longer with weaker lofted irons. That's hard to figure out.

Off the Zstars Tmex. Some graphite iron shaft lover (dean and chunky) should take them off your hands. It's funny that you are a full lcub longer with weaker lofted irons. That's hard to figure out.

its the shafts

I call it juiced up machines haha

Back