Price Point Threshold?

Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

The LAB was a couple dollars.

Yeah I know about this one as well.

400’ish tops.

Not a common expense as I don't collect putters. If I add up putter, head cover, customizations it could reach 4 figures.

Depends really.

I was all in on the Toulon Small Batch Latrobe, and don't regret it at all.
If i have the funds, I don't know what the ceiling on a custom would be.

More than makes me comfortable typing because I might get murdered in my sleep. I’ve spent 4 figures before, and would again in the right situation.
Yes you might on both points. Purchase again and get murdered in your sleep. Actually think you’re ok on point 2 for at least a while anyway. I think you serve a purpose at home for a while anyway 🤣🤣🤣

Proved in the past that I’d go near the 500 mark. I’d extend that another 250 or so it it was a to die for fit and finish putter

I’m not a collector so I’d guess $4-500.

Depends really.

I was all in on the Toulon Small Batch Latrobe, and don't regret it at all.
If i have the funds, I don't know what the ceiling on a custom would be.
Is that this one?

IMG_9477.jpeg

I just won't pay a lot of for a putter (my wife might kill me if I did). I have been fortune to have been able to obtain a few expensive putters through the years via giveaways or gifts, but I just can't see me paying a lot of one. I think the max I would pay would be around $200.00 - $250.00 max.

$600 would be pushing it for me. I have not approached this since I have owned only 2 putters in my life, but it's good to have a threshold.

I can say that I haven’t broken the bank on a putter in the past. Could I see that happening in the future??? Not sure, but I’m comfortable with $400 being the most I would spend.

I don't think I could do over 500. I'm not always super into limited edition stuff, so it would need to be really special for me to spend more than that on it.

Anything over $350 is a Kenny Loggins.

I have zero desire to buy any special edition or limited offering putter. Those putters fail the cost:value ratio for me.

Price is what you pay, value is what you get. 👍

I spent $400 once. But that was only because a store messed up and offered me credit. So I bought something I normally wouldn't have.

And the Toulon Design Magnolia putter was tempting. Just something about that putter. It looks so good.

Paid $400 for the Tri-Hot 7 CH this year and that’s about all I’m willing to go

Much prefer the $125 i paid for the Nova 40 on sale with the military discount 🔥
You can get a great bottle of wine for $200, but you can also get one for $20. Maybe it's my age, but I find spending over $200 for a putter a bit odious. I have been using the same putter I was fit for back in 2016 and have no plans of changing it, especially given the price of today's putters.

It would have to be really really special for me to spend more than say $600 on a putter. Comfort zone is probably under $400 though
If my math is right you haven’t had to buy a new putter for the last 4 years and have another year to go before it is even a consideration.;)

All things being equal and the funds are available, I would spend $600 plus on a putter if I like it.

Before seeing the replies so far, my thought was $400. That seems in line with many of the replies.

I would stretch an additional $200 (maybe a bit more) for something that is personalized to me. Anything more than that, I will need to be convinced that the putter is customized to me, as opposed to just personalized with detail, paint, or a limited edition number.

I paid almost $400 for my putter 12 years ago, it's the only putter I've used since. However, three weeks ago I paid over $400 for a new putter that I have yet to hit a ball with. With that said, and to answer your question, I'm comfortable under $500 and would probably be uncomfortable paying more.

Under $500 for me, I much prefer the sale pricing but did pay full price for a Bettinardi after a fitting last year. I love the look and have some seen some improvements but it’d be hard to do again.

For THPers when it comes to this segment of the bag, do you have a ceiling point on what you would spend on a putter? Does it stretch for custom? Does it stretch for limited editons? What is that final ceiling point in your current life?
My strokelab 1 was $150 from CPO. And my Huntington Beach was $160. I like them both.

My ceiling is right around $500. Preferably under. But, I lack competent adult supervision (I no longer have a wife) and my common sense eludes me at times so... if, IF it's a limited edition that totally appeals to me, I might want to get it.

I was looking for a custom putter though. I didn't see what I wanted so I gave up the search. To me, there's not a lot out there that I'm willing to spend $500 on... unless it's 3 Toulons with different color grips and milling as seen in the OEM visit thread... I'd get those with the same head design... assuming Toulon has one I like. In left hand.:(

Back