Price Point Threshold?

Being the thrifty type $200 is the top-end for me.

I'd say $350

500 unless it’s really special

I think if I get fit and have indisputable results with a setup that will cost me quite a bit, I’d probably get it. I feel like putter is one that will last me forever if I get it right (look at Tiger). I’d rather pay $1000 plus for the right putter once than $300 every several years and keep bouncing between them.

For a mass produced putter it would have to be demonstrably better and reduce the number of putts per round by at least a stroke before I would pay a lot for it.

But, I could see paying a lot for something that was uniquely customized, a very limited run collectible or an example of craftsmanship that essentially becomes an art object.

My range would probably start at $300 for a run of the mill putting tool and up to $2,000 or more for something customized.

I will spend the same on a putter that I would on a new driver. I used to say $400 was my limit, but things change. I don’t buy as many putters as I do drivers, either.

My SC was around $430, and I had no issue with the price. Of course, now that I’m re-married, I’m going to have to prove to her that not only will a new putter improve my game, but that it will cure cancer and find homes for all stray dogs too 🤣

$400 for me and that's really pushing it.

If my math is right you haven’t had to buy a new putter for the last 4 years and have another year to go before it is even a consideration.;)
Having not to and doing so are completely different haha

I’ve never gone over $275 on a putter.

I have plenty that sell for more than that brand new, but I always hit the secondary market for gently used putters. It’s been my experience that you can get a like new putter with no visible scratches or damage for under $275 most of the time from the big names (SC, Toulon, Bettinardi, etc.).

My current gamer came from the marketplace here and it might as well have been brand new and it was well under $200.

$500 ish unless a tour Scotty

For the right putter I would spend $700ish.

Paying $399.99 + tax for the Jailbird stung a bit.

Depending on what I am getting, I don’t have a limit. I’m impulsive, if I want it, I’ll get it.

Price is what you pay, value is what you get. 👍
I know. I don't think you get much more for a $1250 putter than you do a $350, or even a $150 putter.

I have thoughts on selling some of my putters off and getting a custom. Some of those customs can run over $1k, and I’d be fine doing so if I actually stuck to it. If it’s just a general putter to add or try, probably sub $300 mostly.

I wonder how many people with opinions on not spending money on putters drive luxury vehicles or other luxuries…it’s just funny where people will find value vs others.

$300- general putter
$600- milled high end
$1,000- high end material, custom

$500 is max for me.
Unless holing putts is guaranteed.:ROFLMAO:
I have two in the stable that cost about that much, both Bettinardi LTD Tiki.

Putter: $125
Wedges: $75-100
Irons: $700
Hybrids: $130-150
FW: $175-$225
DR: $225

I'd say $500. I think my current record is about $300.

I don’t know what the number is but it isn’t big. I have putted about the same with inexpensive putters and also with pricier models (for me).

My history is I typically have a putter 10 or more years. I always get fit and am willing to do custom to achieve an optimum fit. There is no practical dollar limit under this scenario. My amortized cost is going to be way less than the guy who changes putters as often as he changes his shoes.

P. S. Interesting side note on my current putter. I won it at a golf tournament and the results with it were great. I had a full bag fitting at Club Champion and brought it as my ‘gamer’. It checked out as the perfect fit as is. So, it’s now been in the bag over 10 years at a cost of zero. Every once in a while a club finds you.

I'd say 500 if I really liked it and it helped my game.

I think $400-500. Previously I have always been a last year used guy for equipment and my price was a max of $250-300. But I think I’ve changed my tune on putter specifically. Too many strokes each round to not get what is perfect for you. I would go get fit for a new putter next time I bought one and get it completely dialed in. I might even go to the $500-750 range for that if I had too.

I also want a tour rat just because. That would be a gift to myself if I ever won the lotto so likely not happening.

No limit here. The cost/value proposition needs to be evaluated independently.

Right now i would say $250 tops. My mind says go much higher but my budget says stay under that.

Back